test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Module 9

dolreydolrey Member Posts: 741 Arc User
edited January 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hello everyone :) I would like to write here some proposals about module 9 :)
1) What about adding 4th active battle skill and 3rd passive slot? :)
I think that it can make mechanic of classes much more interesting than adding new skills. Because if you add a new skills but number of active skills and passives is limited then a lot of players will not be able to use them. Not because new skills are bad, but because there is no place for them.

Addition of 4th battle skill place and 3rd passive place will introduce in game a lot of new combo, a lot of new tactics, it will make the experienced players to explore something completely new instead boring using old skills from module to module.

2)Also it will be great to share all skills into 3 categories: attacking skills, defencive skills and tactician skills.

-While attacking skill is on your panel of skills you will deal +1% damage per level of each attacking skill (1st skill level will grant you +1% dmg, 2nd will grant +2% dmg, and up to +4% dmg on skill level 4). Thats mean that if you will have 1 damage skill with 4th level you will have +4% dmg. 2 attacking skills with 4 skill level will grant you +8% dmg and so on.

Something alike with deffencive and tactician skills:

-If you will have "defensive" skill on your panel of skills, you will gain +1% damage resistance per skill level of each defencive skill on your panel of skills.
-And you will gain +1% of something else (+1% to duration of your CC effects, or +1% to action points generation, or +1% to your speed) for each level of each tactician skill on your panel of skills.

Also it will be great if player will be able to choose bonus to every category of skills in the following way:
For example for each level of each attacking skill you may choose attacking characteristic which will be increased on 1%. Not just +1% dmg, but you can combine +1% dmg, +1% crit chance, or +1% to piercing damage. But just one percent of just one stat per one skill level.
And something alike for defensive and tactician skills.

What do you think about these proposals? :)
Thank you for your attention and sorry for my english :)

==================================
After all discussions in this thread I would like to add folowing:
Yes, mabe now it is too late to give player's proposals about module 9, but a lot of players from different servers are really interested in bringing back old dungeons, fixing of game errors and well balancing. We believe in you :)

==================================
Also here is proposal about difficulty of dungeons.
http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1210628/difficulty-of-dungeons-usual-epic-legendary
In two words: now dungeons are too easy for top players (3000-4000 item level). It will be great to add harder copies of dungeons with +-3000 item level to enter. No onehits for mobs, no damage resistance bugs, just hard dungeons.
Post edited by dolrey on

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    I gota agree with Nubbie, It would overpower characters to the point that the entire game would need to be rebalanced. I shutter to think how well that would be implemented.

Besides, its much too late for mod 9 requests. By the time one module launches, the following one is already half done. With the one after that already planned out and designed on paper.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    dolrey said:

Hello everyone :) I would like to write here some proposals about module 9 :)

I more likely suggest not add neither new items, neither new content, neither any new stuffs to game. But rather spent all module for balancing. I mean from all new expansions/modules, developers just drop new stuff in game and thats it, no blending with old content at all.
    Enough to look to Tyrany of dragon artifact weapons,, It where hard to obtain, but worth for grinding. With elemental evil u obtain Artifact weapons just for reaching 70 lv, and complete couple extreme easy quests. And u gain artifact weapons more powerfull than dragon.. So Tyrany Of dragon arti weapons become just trash, I mean what the point spent more time for obtaining dragon arti if u get elemental arti far faster and more easy?
    Next, stronghold artifact also become pointless, due new arti weapons where added with Underdark mod. Most of old content become just waste of time.
    It would be great if dev sit and look back what they have developed.
    For example why don't make like clash between Dragon cultist and elemental cultist??? Like 3 side faction fitght.. For lord of neverember, For elemental cultists or dragon cultist.. Similar stuffs have see in many mmorpg.

Next revise weapons/gear ranks.. Now we have, common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary and mystic..
    I think common gear peaces should be cut from monsters drop list.. After all no one will use them anyways, lowest gear rank players use are unccomon and rare. So instead rising new rank caps's devs should revise current one and simply cut pointless gear items at common rank...

Next crafting..
    Whats funny with crafting is, it exist just as for hobby. When u reach like weapon crafting lv 5, u craft weapon. OK, But its total trash compared what u obtain from simple mobs, or chests.. Also maxed crafting also total waste of time.. Only Personalized adamantium rings, underwears and black ice tree are OK. platesmith, weapon, armor, leather and etc total nonsense.

So it require total remodeling.

Arti weapons.

One thing changed from old neverwinter to current one is gamestyle and gameplay..
    I started play NW with mod 4 expansion. And it that time u could call game> Dungeon and dragon, Neverwinter.
    Now I can call game like, >Artifacts and refinestones, Neverwinter<. Whole game become arround refining artifact gear. With new expansion we get pack of new arti weapons and u refine them and thats it. So old arti weapons u throw away.

Why don't rebalance them., or add special atribute..
    Like dragon artifacts give extra ressit and dmg boost in battle against dragons/drakes.
    Elemental artifacts gives extra ressist/dmg boost agains elemental beats/creatures.
    Uderdark madness :P artifact like boost against demons.

Actually I would like to see a thread/forum secssion where devs would parcipate more, and game community could discuss/suggest new contents and etc.. Also devs could explain current capabilities. After all devs can't make zerg battles like in lineage 2 where mass pvp is 200vs 200 or so. Or like eve online where in one place fight about 1000 players.. :P

Here in game community are players who good ideas, which Devs could adopt and fit for upcoming mods..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    gromm1tgromm1t Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User

1: No thanks. This game isn't ready for that much power. Too much of a good thing. It would require a complete remake of the game.
    2: I fail to see the point of adding something like that. That's what feats are for. Also, see 1.

Can add,

3: I like have fast swap skill -sets, no need get more skills but swap skills from Single to Aoe, two sets makes big difference.

This is mostly helpfull in Pve, but in pvp it might give some extra help.
  • Options
    zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    gromm1t said:

3: I like have fast swap skill -sets, no need get more skills but swap skills from Single to Aoe, two sets makes big difference.

i support this, but only with cooldown 3-10 min and it should not work in combat!

and this from @bloodyspamer

mod 9 should be a mod for the community, fix and adjust old things, balance stuff. give us back the hole stuff u take away... like the old dungeons, skirmishs, items and sets. make the game more fun to play and less grind.
    [Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User

gromm1t said:

i support this, but only with cooldown 3-10 min and it should not work in combat!

Why would it need a long cooldown? It is just saving you the effort of opening your Powers page and manually dragging spells (or right-clicking and choosing "Replace X") on to your bar, and there is no cooldown for that. (The powers themselves may go on cooldown if you're in combat, but the ability to change non-recharging powers on your bar does not).

It's a Quality of Life improvement -- have you never finished a single-target fight, then run to a group of mobs and had no AoE powers on your bar? Or gone into a dungeon on your healer, then realizing you still have all your dps powers on your bar from running dailies? On my devo pally, my encounters, at-wills and passives change drastically from solo to group play.

• Options
    zwergenschubserzwergenschubser Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 41 Arc User

Why would it need a long cooldown? It is just saving you the effort of opening your Powers page and manually dragging spells (or right-clicking and choosing "Replace X") on to your bar, and there is no cooldown for that. (The powers themselves may go on cooldown if you're in combat, but the ability to change non-recharging powers on your bar does not).

if u can flip the bars on the fly, i think it will be similar to the hr playstyle. i dont know, i think there must be an disadvantage to do so.

It's a Quality of Life improvement -- have you never finished a single-target fight, then run to a group of mobs and had no AoE powers on your bar? Or gone into a dungeon on your healer, then realizing you still have all your dps powers on your bar from running dailies? On my devo pally, my encounters, at-wills and passives change drastically from solo to group play.

nah never, always well prepared on my adventures :D
    [Mitteilung] Von [Brienne von Tarth]: ach du bist der klugscheißer aus dem forum, wird ja immer schöner xD
    [Mitteilung] an [Brienne von Tarth]: ja genau der bin ich
    [Systemmeldung] Brienne von Tarth ignoriert Sie.
    [Mitteilung] an [mich selbst]: pvp ist schon geil
  • Options
    linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User

Arti weapons.

One thing changed from old neverwinter to current one is gamestyle and gameplay..
    I started play NW with mod 4 expansion. And it that time u could call game> Dungeon and dragon, Neverwinter.
    Now I can call game like, >Artifacts and refinestones, Neverwinter. Whole game become around refining artifact gear. With new expansion we get pack of new arti weapons and u refine them and thats it. So old arti weapons u throw away.

After the one hour quest chain in Mod 8 it's become clear that NWO views character progression as an end in itself. You don't improve your character to tackle new content - you tackle (minimal) new content to improve your character (via an endless grind). I almost quit in Mod 6 but foolishly hung around. If Mod 9 doesn't have expansive new zones, just more HEs stuck into existing zones with a skirmish thrown in, then it really will be the end. It's become pointless.

And fix bugs, and lower AD costs, and dual spec, and make crafting relevant, and...
  • Options
    fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User

Why? Currently I can switch anything not on cooldown while in combat. Changing that would be a bad idea. I think a small cooldown is appropriate - about 20-30 seconds seems fine.

• Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    The Dev's have a proven track record(Mod 6 being a shining example) of causing more issues every time they release new game mechanics and then taking a long time to rectify the all the new problems they create, if at all. This is why Mod 8 is probably the most stable one to date :wink:

So, no thanks. I would rather see a concerted effort in bug squashing, quality of life improvements and overall balancing of classes.

PS. Bring back all the dungeons to.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    Mod 9? hopefully it all about dungeons and newer dungeon textures.

then i really want to see mod 10 for spookiest halloween haunted mansion as the new dungeon, full of ghosts, vampires, undeads and new creepy stuffs.

it should be all about vampires and ghosts story arc.

what rooms we did like to see in huanted mansions, so we all can ask the devs.

1. Ballroom, masquade dance, with ghosts.
    2. torture chamber and hanging cages.
    3. wierd doctor lab, with electrical devices
    4. all new crypt hall simalair to "Skyrim's crypt" texture, with some hidden items in any random coffins.
    5. sucked into the evil paintings for wierd adventure
    6. portal to ravenloft's castle
    7. flying books in library
    8. spooky swamp with very dense mist/fog with limited vision range.
    9. hall of mirrors
    10. haunted forest with headless horseman.

that all i can think of, anyone feel free to add Mod 10 wishlist.

possible locations.

1. Meer of Deadman
    2. Charwood
    3. Crypt of Traitors
  • Options
    clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    Putting your request into perspective, you will be lucky if you see the old dungeons again in mod 12. So frankly your request has less than zero chance of ever happening.
  • Options
    mramarodanmramarodan Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    For the re-balance suggestion: hardly likely. Reason: justice comes at costs if you put it that way.

For developers, fixing on balance means to pissing off some people while pleasing others, and most likely those who spend tons of Zen to building their op characters would be among the unhappy ones. there must be a good reason for the pissed off guys to not feel cheated and keep purchasing

not to mention fixing bugs and keep the current loading data at a proper size and anti-hack and stuff. It'd be devastating for the programmers to re-organize their everything. They'd simply get alone with it when people still plays.

I'd rather have a new class which is well balanced and everyone loves so that at least there's something more to do and so everyone's happnd will keep playing

but hey, who would say that the purchase-free players will not start buying if the quality of service would worth to spending money on? most of them might just not interested in the "privileges" you guys been emphasised on and they're waiting for something meaningful to come up with, like more events similar as the dragonflight at guild, or just anything fun to interact with other players, for exp. friendship evaluating system and regular gift items(of course it need to be something not only valuable but also unique, i leave the designing part to paid employees here). running out of "attractions" might be a good thing to start thinking how to run a long-time business instead of keep following the tunnel vision that destroyed one game after another and spoiled every kid who played during all these times, if anyone at Arc-game would have such mind

If there is something original about Neverwinter Online, it could only be a new business module for free-MMOs. Otherwise it's just another post-WOW copy game doomed to fail.
    Post edited by mramarodan on
  • Options
    reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Make small changes to the system unless it is a dramatic straight forward improvement. The OP is thinking that the devs will listen to us players, but since Wizards of the Coast have IP rights over the game it might not be possible to implement radical new ideas like OP said.

I suggest we do not increase the levels for characters anymore, just introduce new boons instead of powers... this is meant to be a straight forward MMORPG sometimes you need to make things streamlined and straight forward.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    dolrey said:

For the re-balance suggestion: hardly likely. Reason: justice comes at costs if you put it that way.

For developers, fixing on balance means to pissing off some people while pleasing others, and most likely those who spend tons of Zen to building their op characters would be among the unhappy ones. there must be a good reason for the pissed off guys to not feel cheated and keep purchasing

not to mention fixing bugs and keep the current loading data at a proper size and anti-hack and stuff. It'd be devastating for the programmers to re-organize their everything. They'd simply get alone with it when people still plays.

I'd rather have a new class which is well balanced and everyone loves so that at least there's something more to do and so everyone's happnd will keep playing

but hey, who would say that the purchase-free players will not start buying if the quality of service would worth to spending money on? most of them might just not interested in the "privileges" you guys been emphasised on and they're waiting for something meaningful to come up with, like more events similar as the dragonflight at guild, or just anything fun to interact with other players, for exp. friendship evaluating system and regular gift items(of course it need to be something not only valuable but also unique, i leave the designing part to paid employees here). running out of "attractions" might be a good thing to start thinking how to run a long-time business instead of keep following the tunnel vision that destroyed one game after another and spoiled every kid who played during all these times, if anyone at Arc-game would have such mind

If there is something original about Neverwinter Online, it could only be a new business module for free-MMOs. Otherwise it's just another post-WOW copy game doomed to fail.

Thanks for your opinion :) Sorry for my english if I haven't understood something :) Do you have also concrete proposals about balancing and adding something new in game? :)
    Well one good thing about english is probly you don't have to focus on grammar as much as other languages. As for what i think is exactly what reposterz says. If there're small steps of system optimization then they better focus on individual parts of the game where ppl have most complain about, for exp specialized balance on pvp system or reappearing of old dungeons. Adding stuff is not a prob to me as long as they don't include another bizarre & complex expansion system. So best to release something not effecting what's already there but also adequately catchy, say bringing back old dungeons & adding a new class would be the most appropriate in my opinion

However what Im trying to suggest is a re-consideration of business strategy. There's the Korean FPS game called Alliance of Valiant Arms couple years before it was a lot similar to NW nowadays at a level yet it ends up I think not necessarily a lol situation so far for Aeria Games who later purchased it. If Arc Games don't want to go down the same path then something must be done here. Look at ppl in music and film industry how they survived when market shifted. I don't think gamers would mind about a sergeant knoca-cola as long as game system won't create thousands of cyber bullies everyday, etc. So revolutionary feats are not as helpful as preservation of original design if the purpose is to save the game and not ruining their own reputation at the same time, and if Arc games really need to watch out on budget well still it's not gamers' fault it's free MMO-RPG, you know.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Do not touch combat system please, you can make unwanted havocs.

Regen in combat ok, better potions ok. I would not favor anything else. Already people aren't spamming proper rotations.

A better thing could be done is to introduce sets of rotative power trays and switch with eh, z key...? Link powers to each other pretty much in Diablo 2 style and/or have bonus buff on proper active-power sets sounds better than single power boosts... say on a hr it's difficult to identify defensive/offensive powers for many skills have different functions between melee/ranged stance, and both hr and tr values crit and deflect more than power/dt so it'd be a balance issue again. However if maurander's escape boost fox cunning and like a set of Maurander's escape/fox cunning/boar hide would grant more deflect on ranged and a chance of dt ignorance on melee stance would sounds more reasonable

More useful potions would be just great. Current ones are either doesn't worth as much or entirely useless compare to invoke & other buffs

Also I'd love to have an item at Zen market for players to re-do all story-line quests and encourage mechanism for higher-lvl players to take on low-level players on those quests.(personally I just want to get quest reward equips again for appearance change, so how'bout have the rewards for high lvl players one free appearance change and low-lvl player an exp bouns?)

Thanks.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    check Star trek online, they have rolling hotbars and expanding is optional.
    so, we need that.
  • Options
    aeriniseaerinise Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    I'll be a huge fan of special zones (normal and hard) for solo players -- like skirmishes or heroic encounters -- where you should fight without real players, but your character and 2 of your companions (so 3 character and role at one time). It could be based on familiar things like killing huge amount of monsters in time, defeating bosses, or it could provide/reveal some backstory or relationship elements of the companions. It will have financial potentials for the developers as well, because it could cause that players ought to buy or gather higher lvl companions. On the other hand, it will be fun to play such a content and fun to create small stories for this companion based teamfights. If this mechanism seems to be entertaining, it could be later adapted to the Foundry system as well.

What do you think about it?
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Nothing gets added to this game unless they can figure out how it makes money for them. That is priority one, and the content lacks because of it.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Nothing gets added to this game unless they can figure out how it makes money for them. That is priority one, and the content lacks because of it.

If the game would be better going to a pay to play model then maybe they should :/ I'd kick 10-20 bucks a month in like I do already for VIP. Are the botters going to kick 10 bucks in? probably not. Problem solved. Are people going to pay to play this game? If they aren't already they probably wont but if the game is better then they might attract more people. I get it- they have a business to run. Right now they have a lot of inpatient customers. I don't think most of them would pay to play 'as is'. Which is why- I'm very hopeful that something awesome is coming. :)​​
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    edited January 2016

If the game would be better going to a pay to play model then maybe they should :/ I'd kick 10-20 bucks a month in like I do already for VIP. Are the botters going to kick 10 bucks in? probably not. Problem solved. Are people going to pay to play this game? If they aren't already they probably wont but if the game is better then they might attract more people. I get it- they have a business to run. Right now they have a lot of inpatient customers. I don't think most of them would pay to play 'as is'. Which is why- I'm very hopeful that something awesome is coming. :)​​

However according to Gresham's law "impatient customers" like this guy himself are just one of the results of a crooked business. It's not interesting for me to spend money on building a binary digit fantasy super hero that I can't even use it to brag about among my friends. Yet, if I can spend time with my loved ones and some other nice people across the world during the weekend without even walking out of my door, then why do I need netflex and gym programs anymore? If I can buy rounds of exciting dungeons to people who willing to try their best with me instead of rounds of beers to nonsense over bets of a baseball game, hell yeah I'd pay. And if there'd be an enchant or something to significantly increase the chance of the whole team to get some good stuff out of a dungeon run? Shut up just take some money. Right now I have trouble refining my artifacts, getting a useful pet and also a faster mount but all i want to buy are a bunch of dragonflight bells, not even the strongbox keys(well, actually they're a lot more attempting compare to the tons of thousands of lockboxes stored in our guild bank even nothing more valuable comes out of it). So guess there're really lots of better things to come up with, eh?
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    Welcome the power creep with the New Life lockbox, just google it. And if ya say "no more power" you will be dissapointed badly, id say u will cry.