test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to vote kick in skirmish

chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited November 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
The past few days there has been a particular person (won't name n shame) that just sits at the beginning, rolls on all the loot and then runs to get the end chest when the boss is dead. This person is not a bot as they have responded in chat about my request to vote kick. It seems that no matter what, vote to kick doesn't work, even if I'm party leader. It either says can't do that right now, can't kick while high value loot (green gear, ha) is on the ground, etc. Pisses me off that people actually do this HAMSTER. What's the point in having an option to vote kick if it never works?

ETA: lol it censored the word c r a p
Post edited by chaosweaver83 on

Comments

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    If it's a particular person, vote kick at the start. Even the Buddha only forgives a man three times.
  • chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    That's what I meant by "no matter what". I have tried all throughout a run, even the beginning. As soon as I see the name, I vote to kick, then get red text saying "can't do that right now".

Also, I have reported spam/ignored this person hoping it would not put me in a group with them. Doesn't matter. Still happens.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    It does not work at the beginning, at the end and if valuable loot (blue, better or lockbox) can be collected. The kicker is, that personal loot counts, too.

So long story short, you have to live with slackers, exploiters etc.

Only chance is, that they take so much time, that all the loot despawns, more than 10 min, and you can kick them, if the bossfight was not triggered.

Tbh, I would prefer to run TOS solo, to running it with two random players. 2 of 10 are a help, 6 are low level/ gear alts, running for AD and the rest are ppl who go AFK, change to another character etc.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    Try to create party BEFORE queuing/entering dungeon/skirmish.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    mmm1001 said:

Try to create party BEFORE queuing/entering dungeon/skirmish.

To search for a party for TOS would take longer, than the run itself. If there are friends online and up for it, I group with them. Otherwise I que and cross my fingers.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,047 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    Well, i would do such a run once, but not twice... second time, i would ask that player to participate, if there's no reaction, i would stand right next to him and watch the time go by too.

Anyway, most of my ToS runs are "normal", i get into the dungeon and the other two players are allready way ahead and it's a nice run through the whole dungeon within a few minutes, and everyone is doing his part for that.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • subnoctesubnocte Member Posts: 341 Arc User
    Yeah I've seen people do this even without the loot issue, it's a big problem during events with skirmish bonuses. A lot of them are completed before the ban on kick timer expires, so they just sit there and wait until the end to get their rewards.