test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"GWF, can't you do everything?"

drumweezerdrumweezer Member Posts: 24 Arc User
My main character is a GWF. Her name is Rhetorica. So, if you see her around, feel free to say hello. Since the Mod 6 update, I've noticed that people are beginning to think of GWFs quite differently. It doesn't seem like they are booted out nearly as much in dungeons. Unfortunately, I've also noticed that other classes rely too heavily on GWFS to not only dish out dps but also be tanks (which for us who are dps specced can be problematic and annoying). Just last week, I was running ECC with my one of my guild members and randoms. I was repeatedly ask if I could pull or tank instead of doing DPS even though I was doing the most DPS. I also had another experience where the group did have a tank, but he or she hid behind the rest of the team, behind walls, or behind corers for fear of getting one shotted. Again, I had to be the one to pull aggro and tank even though we had a tank. I don't mind pulling and tanking. However, to constantly have to pull or tank can be a bit frustrating.

Any GWFS have the same problem?
Rhetorica-2.7 GWF
Derrida-2.5 HR
Guild-TSS

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    People see videos of Lazalia or Lia Knowles (sorry if I spelled that wrong) soloing epic Temple of the Spider and other awesome feats, and think that all GWF can do that. Ummm, not all GWF have a 4500+ item level (I don't even know at this point what max item level is, but they both have it).
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • maggotleader#6929 maggotleader Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Not really. If I'm running with people I know I go out of my way to help, tanking/pulling ect, but usually I'm there for one reason. DPS and DPS alone, which is fine by me.
    [IMG]http://i64.tinypic.com/2r795w6.jpg[/IMG]
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Im a GWF and it is possible for you to tank "Most" of the Damage it just depends how you play and Im used to being that GWF running into groups alone and fighting the enemies and keeping them Distracted as well killing em. . :p Yes Im Following Lia Knowles build and I would Recommend it over the other one. Since Ive had better GWFs than me using the other one and Ill be able to dish out 10-20mil more than my friend who is a lot better geared than me.
  • drumweezerdrumweezer Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I use the Lia Knowles build too with a couple of minor tweaks. I can tank and will gladly do it if it is needed. I just hate feeling like it is a constant expectation.
    Rhetorica-2.7 GWF
    Derrida-2.5 HR
    Guild-TSS
  • bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    I do not see that too often but my idea in the fight is get in there kill things fast so my team stays standing. I will link you the build I am using but so far whenever I go into a raid or run or what ever you want to call the stuff people tend to hold back and use everything they can to keep me standing. Not sure if I have made a name for myself or the GWF has become a good class but the point as long as you get healed well you will mow down anything.

My build I am using
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/545785/mod-6-guide-lazalias-high-crit-build-for-pve-gwf-destroyer/p1
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • smellycat2012smellycat2012 Member Posts: 35 Arc User

Im a GWF and it is possible for you to tank "Most" of the Damage it just depends how you play and Im used to being that GWF running into groups alone and fighting the enemies and keeping them Distracted as well killing em. . :p Yes Im Following Lia Knowles build and I would Recommend it over the other one. Since Ive had better GWFs than me using the other one and Ill be able to dish out 10-20mil more than my friend who is a lot better geared than me.

Is the person with the 4K IL you outdamage using Lazalia's build?
    GWF - 3623 IL - Auki

I have run into people using that build I wouldn't recommend you use that one, but its always an option. ^.^ Im not 100% if any of the 4 IL's use that one, but I'm still out Dps'ing the ones who have the same feats and gear with higher grade items... lol cx
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User

I have run into people using that build I wouldn't recommend you use that one, but its always an option. ^.^ Im not 100% if any of the 4 IL's use that one, but I'm still out Dps'ing the ones who have the same feats and gear with higher grade items... lol cx
    That's a very dumb comment. Some players can have the best build ever but if they doesn't know how to use it, they will never have success, also like a player with lame gear can be better than others if he knows what he's doing. This applies for every build/guide ever written. In the specific case of the GWF, there's not really much that changes regarding to builds because it's either 2 feats here or there that will offer a very similar dmg output, what really matters in a GWF is the mechanic or the way you play it. People who simply compare their dmg against others just by checking the Paingiver have no idea about DPS/Builds.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance

That's a very dumb comment. Some players can have the best build ever but if they doesn't know how to use it, they will never have success, also like a player with lame gear can be better than others if he knows what he's doing. This applies for every build/guide ever written. In the specific case of the GWF, there's not really much that changes regarding to builds because it's either 2 feats here or there that will offer a very similar dmg output, what really matters in a GWF is the mechanic or the way you play it. People who simply compare their dmg against others just by checking the Paingiver have no idea about DPS/Builds.
    They follow that same powers/rotations as me, so they do know how play play it when you tend to watch the players play, but still it's my opinion. :3 I recommend Lia Knowles build over yours I've ran into your followers quite a few times I mean your build works, but haven't been out dps'd out by any of them. Hell I even had one switch his build in the middle of an EToS run and his dps output was already showing improvements. Still this is my opinion so shush I'm just stating what I notice on a daily runs. :3
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User

They follow that same powers/rotations as me, so they do know how play play it when you tend to watch the players play, but still it's my opinion. :3 I recommend Lia Knowles build over yours I've ran into your followers quite a few times I mean your build works, but haven't been out dps'd out by any of them. Hell I even had one switch his build in the middle of an EToS run and his dps output was already showing improvements. Still this is my opinion so shush I'm just stating what I notice on a daily runs. :3
    Someone who changes his build in the middle of a run obviously have no idea about what he's doing so that comment actually makes you look worse. You keep talking about builds when I already explained that it doesn't matter so you also have problems with reading comprehension. There's no point in arguing with people like you.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited March 2016

Someone who changes his build in the middle of a run obviously have no idea about what he's doing so that comment actually makes you look worse. You keep talking about builds when I already explained that it doesn't matter so you also have problems with reading comprehension. There's no point in arguing with people like you.
    Just saying facts I wouldn't consider this arguing, but you do you. lol Btw he pointed out that I was out dps'ing him (this was back when T2 runs gave ya anything for xbox) I was 2.6 IL I think and he was 3.1k IL running your build so after about 2 runs or so he asked me why Im doing more than him and so on. Remember he's doing the same rotation and at that point neither of us are going to run ahead for an advantage, so I had him switch up his feats ect before the final boss an he improved in damage after that point. :3 Thats all im stating, simple as that.
This discussion has been closed.