test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

One shotted under Binding Oath

vladious1977vladious1977 Member Posts: 244 Arc User
Being justice spec I can pretty much keep up Binding Oath completely (Vengeance/Wisdom). I have been running into a problem with this one control wizard. Not sure how it happens but he one shots me THROUGH Binding Oath. This has never happened before. I am new in the 60's bracket as a OP. I look in my damage log and nothing is there. It is only this one CW. I checked out the gear nothing special.

Is he hitting me so hard it ignores my damage immunity? I am taking a break the rest the night and hope he disappears tomorrow. I just do not see how this is happening or how I can prevent it. If there was something other than me falling flat on my face but it does not even tell me in my log. It is like splat. I am at the camp fire. Not even an option to call for help. Just splat campfire.

Does someone have any idea so I do not have to sit here and scratch my head and worry about it happening all the time at level 70. I made it to level 64 on my fresh OP with nothing more than PVP and never ever happened before.

Comments

• Options
    obsidiancran3obsidiancran3 Member Posts: 1,823 Arc User
    Might help if you mention any relevant VFX that happen when he does it.
    Given your likely HP level its possible that they are killing you in several ways, the easiest is just Disintegrate.
    Obsidian Moonlight - Paladin
    Obsidian Oath - Warlock
    A whole lot of other Obsidian toons as well.
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User

Being justice spec I can pretty much keep up Binding Oath completely (Vengeance/Wisdom). I have been running into a problem with this one control wizard. Not sure how it happens but he one shots me THROUGH Binding Oath. This has never happened before. I am new in the 60's bracket as a OP. I look in my damage log and nothing is there. It is only this one CW. I checked out the gear nothing special.

Is he hitting me so hard it ignores my damage immunity? I am taking a break the rest the night and hope he disappears tomorrow. I just do not see how this is happening or how I can prevent it. If there was something other than me falling flat on my face but it does not even tell me in my log. It is like splat. I am at the camp fire. Not even an option to call for help. Just splat campfire.

Does someone have any idea so I do not have to sit here and scratch my head and worry about it happening all the time at level 70. I made it to level 64 on my fresh OP with nothing more than PVP and never ever happened before.

there are certain guilds that i cant name due to forum policy that excel at exploits. since it was a instant trip to campfire its definately disintegrate ( green lazer). but it getting through binding oath is not supposed to happen.
  • Options
    dufisto said:

there are certain guilds that i cant name due to forum policy that excel at exploits. since it was a instant trip to campfire its definately disintegrate ( green lazer). but it getting through binding oath is not supposed to happen.
    I have since dealt with three CW's geared to boot at once and have not encountered the problem anymore. Odd problem but only think that one CW had it. Could have been the way some power reacted with another who knows.
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    dufisto said:

There is a lot of guilds even "PvE" ones that have and been using exploits in the game to (ECC comes to mind).
    Everything is not an exploit lie you guys believe it to be, while there are those that do intentionally exploit without empathy, there is just a HAMSTER ton of bugs in the game that cause these crazy mishaps.

There are certain bugs in the game that when certain classes are in group with others that cause Paladins with 250k hit points to get one shotted CW, SW and GF can do this. Some of the bugs in game causes certain abilities to reset endlessly causing people to use disintegrates and other abilities on the Paladin 100s of times (100 Disentegrates = a dead HAMSTER Paladin).

But, you must be intentionally causing lag in order to have this done, as well (It taes the perfect storm for this to happen).

I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    gomok72 said:

dufisto said:

There is a lot of guilds even "PvE" ones that have and been using exploits in the game to (ECC comes to mind).
    Everything is not an exploit lie you guys believe it to be, while there are those that do intentionally exploit without empathy, there is just a HAMSTER ton of bugs in the game that cause these crazy mishaps.

There are certain bugs in the game that when certain classes are in group with others that cause Paladins with 250k hit points to get one shotted CW, SW and GF can do this. Some of the bugs in game causes certain abilities to reset endlessly causing people to use disintegrates and other abilities on the Paladin 100s of times (100 Disentegrates = a dead HAMSTER Paladin).

But, you must be intentionally causing lag in order to have this done, as well (It taes the perfect storm for this to happen).

binding oath is 100% dmg immunity for 8 seconds if bond is up nothing should touch you. at the end of that 8 seconds if you havent refreshed bond you'll die instantly from the damage. but the combat log will show bond as the killing blow not disintegrate.

im not discussing pve exploits. yes there are a ton of them. this is specifically about 1 pvp cw being able to shoot through binding oath. there is no intentional mechanic that allows that to happen ( there was a ring on preview that allowed it to happen but it never made it live). so it happening once might be considered a bug and reported and ignored. repeatedly using the bug is an exploit. plain and simple. and most of the pvp guilds frown on it. there are some that intentionally use every bug they find.
  • Options
    dufisto said:

gomok72 said:

dufisto said:

binding oath is 100% dmg immunity for 8 seconds if bond is up nothing should touch you. at the end of that 8 seconds if you havent refreshed bond you'll die instantly from the damage. but the combat log will show bond as the killing blow not disintegrate.

im not discussing pve exploits. yes there are a ton of them. this is specifically about 1 pvp cw being able to shoot through binding oath. there is no intentional mechanic that allows that to happen ( there was a ring on preview that allowed it to happen but it never made it live). so it happening once might be considered a bug and reported and ignored. repeatedly using the bug is an exploit. plain and simple. and most of the pvp guilds frown on it. there are some that intentionally use every bug they find.
    I do not really think or believe it was an intentional exploit. I think as like the previous poster has said it was just a perfect storm that happened. Something that something interacted in a way with that the game did not like and ignored my immunity window. Only happened against one CW so if it was an exploit I believe it would be more common as people do talk. Just a freak of code. A bug if you will.
  • Options
    moltenperezosomoltenperezoso Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Keep in mind that when Binding Oath detonates, it also damages you, which is why you need to time your sanctuary to block alot of the dmg. If your DR is 80% + with sanctuary up then it shouldn't kill you.
  • Options
    veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Hello, Not directly relevant, but could someone explain to me how the Binding oath and divine protector works, and how Templars wrath fits in. I am very confused by skill interactions and the way damage mitigation works.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • Options
    edited December 2015

Hello, Not directly relevant, but could someone explain to me how the Binding oath and divine protector works, and how Templars wrath fits in. I am very confused by skill interactions and the way damage mitigation works.

Honestly 68 right now and I do not use Templars Wrath. It is a nice crutch but if you are facing ranged it is not going to do you much good if they are kiting you off of node while you are trying to cap it. I do use it when fighting multiple melee on a node. Anything under 2 people on a node and I just find /smite works better. Ranged use absolution. It is guaranteed shielding.

Divine protector boost your DR some degree. Plus makes your whole team pretty damn indestructible.

Bind Oath makes you 100 percent immune to damage. Me I can keep this up 100 percent of the time which means that I have room to play with my third slot some. If I am being attacked it usually comes up like once a second or so. I also keep Cleansing on one bind as well. So those two skills I never do without Cleansing is guaranteed to give you temp hitpoints plus is guaranteed to heal you as well. Not to mention it breaks stuns. Those are the only two skills that do not leave my bar.

All this pretty much makes the OP a formidable foe in PVP. For example right now I have won 25 matches in a row. No pre-made. Just directing my team and trolling the enemy team. You would not believe how much of an insult it is to them they can not kill you and they will take there whole team to single you out and you just troll em away from the base. Later this is not going to work as people will get more experienced. Yet in the 60 brackets it still works more than naught. If it does not work switch tactics and assault bases. One versus one you can kill them but they can not kill you. So either way you win if you team is even halfway competent and do not be scared to bark some orders to your team. You are losing a base yell for a TR or CW for back up good lord they are great to even the odds can go 4 versus one to four versus two and watch there team melt just keep up divine protector so your squishy friend does not die use cleanse on your lil squishy buddy to keep his health up as well.

I say CW or TR cause mostly the GF has drama of his own he is dealing with usually in mid having some one shot fun. GWF anymore I do not trust them on ANYTHING I have had em run off and leave me because they where outnumbered and they got scared. They where never in any danger just got scared and run off. This happens a LOT with the GWF class now a days. SW for some reason I have not had success with synergy on a node. IF a GF is not busy you will not have to ask for help unlike other classes they seem to be super node aware and are there if not busy holding there own. I think they just like bouncing people all around so go where the action is.
  • Options
    veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    I was specifically referring to PvE, but since we are on the PvP topic apparently... I have never had an issue with Templars wrath. It always hits my target even when they dodge away (HR). Smite is harder to proc, and almost impossible. But I keep Right clicking (The at-will that charges you forward and then does an AoE), eventually I can get a smite off. I have yet to use binding oath, and find it very useless the few times I used it in PvE. I'm not really sold on that idea until I can get higher level (45 ish? right now.) No divine protector yet. Again not sold on that skill for PvP as I have a hell of a time gaining AP. (I put points into Wis and Con, will probably have to reroll later on?) My load out is Aura of vengeance, Aura of Courage, Radiant and valor, for at wills. Encounters are Templars, cleansing (or smite.) and Burning Light (Usually fully charged.) I have yet to die. But would like some more tips for them free RAD. Thanks!

Edit: I would like to know how viable a paladin is, and how I should build, for a Protection(Justice) paladin. Most guides disagree witheach other in major points so I'm confused as to what I should do/have for PvE and for PvP. Ideally I want to tank PvE, but PvP is enjoyable (Because paladin broken from what I've heard.)
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • Options
    edited December 2015

I was specifically referring to PvE, but since we are on the PvP topic apparently... I have never had an issue with Templars wrath. It always hits my target even when they dodge away (HR). Smite is harder to proc, and almost impossible. But I keep Right clicking (The at-will that charges you forward and then does an AoE), eventually I can get a smite off. I have yet to use binding oath, and find it very useless the few times I used it in PvE. I'm not really sold on that idea until I can get higher level (45 ish? right now.) No divine protector yet. Again not sold on that skill for PvP as I have a hell of a time gaining AP. (I put points into Wis and Con, will probably have to reroll later on?) My load out is Aura of vengeance, Aura of Courage, Radiant and valor, for at wills. Encounters are Templars, cleansing (or smite.) and Burning Light (Usually fully charged.) I have yet to die. But would like some more tips for them free RAD. Thanks!

Edit: I would like to know how viable a paladin is, and how I should build, for a Protection(Justice) paladin. Most guides disagree witheach other in major points so I'm confused as to what I should do/have for PvE and for PvP. Ideally I want to tank PvE, but PvP is enjoyable (Because paladin broken from what I've heard.)

Actually Cha helps but as Justice path aura of vengeance procs flash of light constantly. Not only does it proc it it resets your cooldowns without even using an encounter as for some reason it counts that aura as an encounter. So if you are getting hit a lot you will have instant cooldowns constantly.

So you can hit an HR about 30 feet away while you are taking a node and they are trying to get you to chase em off the node with templars? This is what I was referring to. Of course if they are dumb enough to get on the node with you they will get lit up. This is why they try to provoke you away from the base. Do not do that. Stay on the base and use Absolution till the base is capped. Let him burn himself out and inflict damage to himself.

AP gains a lot when your encounters are refreshed on a freq basis. I also have a snail mount to help. More Cha helps with the AP gain as well. However at later levels You can probably get by with Artifacts/Enchants/The new fire weapon set. All together you should be spamming dailies like at-wills. Ohhh and wait till you get some Haste Clerics. That is insane.

Smite can be considered a skill shot. It works the same way as a lot of GWF skills. GWF do not have a lot of auto connect skills and have to rely on skillfully connecting a skill or they waste a cooldown. You have a nice gap closer you just have to keep the pressure on them and make sure they have no dodges left. Unlike a GWF we have some super fast recharge speed thanks to Vengeance being counted as an encounter.
    Post edited by vladious1977 on
  • Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I had strange experience on Stronghold dragon run yesterday. My Binding oath (4.th level) has 12s cooldown (less when in party and ring of rising focus running). Red dragon put red area on ground. Seconds before this I activated BO a had 8s till cooldown ends (so I was under immortality phase), when I ran through red area. And I was dead instantly. WTF was that?
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    i would say lag, probably your bo was already down for the serverside and flame was alreasy up -> dragon heralds lag a lot specially in the last few days.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User

i would say lag, probably your bo was already down for the serverside and flame was alreasy up -> dragon heralds lag a lot specially in the last few days.

Yep, it makes sense. I hope it was that case.
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • Options
    sethan93sethan93 Member Posts: 30 Arc User

I had strange experience on Stronghold dragon run yesterday. My Binding oath (4.th level) has 12s cooldown (less when in party and ring of rising focus running). Red dragon put red area on ground. Seconds before this I activated BO a had 8s till cooldown ends (so I was under immortality phase), when I ran through red area. And I was dead instantly. WTF was that?

If dragon is fully empowered, he gets through your binding oath
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User

Keep in mind that when Binding Oath detonates, it also damages you, which is why you need to time your sanctuary to block alot of the dmg. If your DR is 80% + with sanctuary up then it shouldn't kill you.

Sanctuary doesn't reduce the damage you take but increases your damage reduction which caps at 80%. If you already have 80% DR Sanctuary doesnt do anything.

It still gives control immunity, however, which is useful.