test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact Weapons and Mutant Crab fishing

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
I've killed 60 of the beasts and hope to finish up today or tomorrow. I know a lot of you have finished ahead of me. I had a couple of questions:

How far in the refinement does a legendary weapon take the new weapon during refinement? Off-hand as well? I'm assuming they will get to at least purple, but how far into purple does it get?

I have heard it is possible to *crit* when refining arti to arti and come out with a legendary immediately. Has anyone seen this?

Were there any immediate benefits to the new weapons? I note that we will lose 2 enchant slots immediately, and I think we actually lose some stats going from orange to purple. I'm sorry to see several hundred lifesteal will vanish forever.

As for the Drowned weapon, what is the experience of the new set bonus. Is it as good as it sounds?

I've read in forums that they plan to nerf the bonus to 25 per cent from 50. Is that confirmed or just someone spouting an opinion?

Comments

• Options
    rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact_weapon

Go here. Near the bottom of the page there's a rank progression table. It'll tell you how much rp is need to achieve each rank and how much rp it's worth when fed into another artifact equipment. You can use that to calculate exactly how far a legendary will get you (make sure you multiply the RP worth accordingly.)

I haven't gotten the Drowned set yet so I can say anything about its performance. I really hope they don't nerf it, or if they do they only nerf it in PVP.
  • Options
    Thanks for the link. Looks like it puts you mid-way through Purple, if I'm reading it right.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I got the Earthen set last week and refined them using my legendary Mod 6 MH and OH, and without critting, the new weapons went to almost lvl 57 (gives 3.7 million RP).
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    brockweaver1brockweaver1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    I've obtained this set and am working on a 2nd for an ALT. My former legendary weapons refined into my new, leaving the new 3 ranks short of legendary, so purple. This was without crits but the always 2xRP.

In regards to the healing, it's a trickle. If you recall the old lifesteal or old regen, I'd compare it to that. ACT shows that it appears to be working as advertised, however I wouldn't consider it overpowered even at 50% by any means. Keep in mind that in groups, you're likely to be healed by something else before the trickle heal from this weapon set runs it's course. Soloing, it's more helpful. I have not tested attempting to buff this heal if that's even possible.

Cheers.
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    I got a crit on the main hand and it went straight to legendary. My off hand went to lvl 57 I think.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    rgladiato said:

I got a crit on the main hand and it went straight to legendary. My off hand went to lvl 57 I think.

I got the same. MH at legendary gives 3.7 million RP(non crit) Crit gives 5.8 million. My offhand lost 3 ranks since it did not crit.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    lirithiel said:

I got the Earthen set last week and refined them using my legendary Mod 6 MH and OH, and without critting, the new weapons went to almost lvl 57 (gives 3.7 million RP).

Wow, that's about twice the "double RP" I was reading on the web site. That makes me feel a lot better about doing it. I had been considering hanging onto them until they were purple before sacrificing my existing weapons. Not as much now.
  • Options
    cayapp said:

I got the same. MH at legendary gives 3.7 million RP(non crit) Crit gives 5.8 million. My offhand lost 3 ranks since it did not crit.

Yeow!
  • Options
    rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User

lirithiel said:

Wow, that's about twice the "double RP" I was reading on the web site.
    I believe that's due to the fact that they recently made all Artifact weapons be "always x2 RP" when above rank 15 (correct me if I'm wrong). Not your fault as Neverwinter has been horrible at keeping their wiki up to date. But otherwise the website is correct. Legendary Weapon Artifact is worth 929,432. x2 for putting it in another mainhand, then x2 again for the "always x2 RP" which leaves you with the grand total of 3,717,728 or 3.7 Million as everyone has been confirming.