test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Bonus

superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
So, I would like to start a CW. As i see things, there are 2 types of Control Bonus. The Ranking one as Critical Strike and the Stat one as Critical Chance which i call Crowd Control (correct me if I am wrong). Does Wisdom increase the Stat one? Does Crowd Control have a soft or a hard cap?

Thanx in advance

Comments

• umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    Wisdom increases the stat one, it has no cap.
    The Ranking one however has a soft cap at around 800.
  • superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Thank you very much. I assume the companion [Cantankerous Mage] increases the Stat one? And would you recommend him for PVE build?
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    I wouldn't recommend a control focused build since in my opinion it is a lot of sacrifice in dps for not that much increased control.

But if you want a control focused build, cantakerous mage is a great pet.
  • superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Thank you very much for your reply
  • kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    Not much reason to go control-based builds for PvE. If your guild/friends have fun trying out different combos and builds, it can still be a lot of fun, but if they prefer the "standard speed run" by way of just bombarding the whole field with tactical nukes then you don't need controls, since most of the mobs will already be dead before any of your friends notice that the mobs are controlled.

In PvP, has certain tactical uses and a great counter to anything that does not use TEB, particularly in neutering OPs and DCs.
    Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • annihilumannihilum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    kweassa said:

Not much reason to go control-based builds for PvE. If your guild/friends have fun trying out different combos and builds, it can still be a lot of fun, but if they prefer the "standard speed run" by way of just bombarding the whole field with tactical nukes then you don't need controls, since most of the mobs will already be dead before any of your friends notice that the mobs are controlled.

In PvP, has certain tactical uses and a great counter to anything that does not use TEB, particularly in neutering OPs and DCs.

- You go with a low DPS party, then you need control, because when you freeze enemies you do more damage and party too.
    - You go with a high DPS party? You need control to freeze the massive pulls to nuke and avoid their control abilities.
    - You go with 3 GWF and a DC? They don't need you :pensive:

The more control power or bonus you have, more time freezed, more bonus to your damage.
    --
    I don't mind on control.
    I don't main on damage.
    I only mind on FUN.
    I have reached higher state of FUNNESS!