test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for Small Guilds to Merge with US!!

sirkus1313sirkus1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
Veteran's Society is looking for small guilds to merge with us. We are casual, friendly guild working hard to build our Strong Hold. We want you to join us! If you're interested contact me - Vanora Lionheart@sirkus1313

Comments

• belladornbelladorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    "Merging" sounds good, BUT, to my knowledge there is no mechanic in place to truly merge existing guilds. What you propose is to abandon one guild, writing off everything you've spent (time and resources) as a loss and join another. That can be hundreds of thousands of AD wasted, among other things. Do you have a solution to this?
  • tundrrabloomtundrrabloom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    We had great success bringing in a mid-sized guild last year before SH, but it is a tough decision anytime and not all members will agree to. Small guilds im sure have put their heart, soul and AD into their stronghold, but when compared to a slightly larger guild they more then likely will still be gaining more boons and a higher leveled Stronghold. Also a player could start by just moving one toon to the new guild and test the waters without abandoning the original one.
    Post edited by tundrrabloom on
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User

We had great success bringing in a mid-sized guild last year before SH, but it is a tough decision anytime and not all members will agree to. Small guilds im sure have put their heart, soul and AD into their stronghold, but when compared to a slightly larger guild they more then likely will still be gaining more boons and a higher leveled Stronghold. Also a player could start by just moving one toon to the new guild and test the waters without abandoning the original one.

Not to mention Zen something large guilds don't do
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• sirkus1313sirkus1313 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    Thanks for the comments. I don't have all the answers, but at this time our guild has grown.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    If you join a guild farther along in progress for the stronghold campaign you loose nothing. So while people may feel their money was wasted in the old guild, that money is already gone. Refusing to merge guilds just because of abandoning your stronghold progress is just throwing more money at a problem.

Reasons to stay in your guild should be:

1) You like the culture and you don't want to risk loosing it or changing it (this also applies to why recruiting is risky)
    2) Your in charge and you don't want to risk loosing the authority/responsibility (note that you can negotiate leadership roles in your merger)
    3) You like the challenge of doing strongholds your way, time is not an issue

BTW, if your going to post looking for a guild to merge into your guild I would recommend posting your guilds progress level and direction. People will want to know that your farther along in the campaign progress before they consider a merger. You need to entice them to give it some thought