test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New artifacts

azathesazathes Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Hey guys. I am a recently hit lvl 70 SW and I just saw the new artifact weapon & offhand and the bonuses look awesome.

My question is should I continue upgrading my current ones or get the new ones? If you recommend getting the new ones which one of the 4 would you think is the best for PvP?

Comments

• Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    In my opinion Drowned Set is best for PvP.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The water set seems to be the best for a lot of classes... just prepare yourself for a lot of grinding to get those 100 motes together.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    btfdbtfd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Water PvP, fire pve. All the others are useless for SW. And don't upgrade the current one any further because you will only get 85% of RP if you use it to refine the new weapon AFAIK

• Options
    kozilek1989kozilek1989 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Is our end game weapons the twisted set? I know for pvp the drowned set is a no brainer with our life-steal in the mix.
  • Options
    crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    btfd said:

Water PvP, fire pve. All the others are useless for SW. And don't upgrade the current one any further because you will only get 85% of RP if you use it to refine the new weapon AFAIK

It's about 80%.

I simply hate the fact that none of the new main- / offhands have lifesteal on it... For (close to) BiS players and / or players with the LS SH boon that might not be an issue. But for medium geared players who are interested in playing PvP it is (>20% LS is pretty much the goal to reach).
    It's hard enough to stack LS, because like no armor set has it as stat (yes, 2 pieces of PvP's Duelist got it, but that's not even 2%)...
  • Options

Is our end game weapons the twisted set? I know for pvp the drowned set is a no brainer with our life-steal in the mix.

Twisted set gives you power every time you strike an enemy. In theory this will be a lot of power by using Dreadtheft. Problem is if you are being hit, you will lose that power. For fire weapon there is only a chance to gain 25% AP which we don't know the exact % of. This in combination with flail snail may be a super good effect for SW. The question is do you really need this if you already have mythic DC Sigil`? Or is the chance of ap gain that high that you could use another active artifact? Do you do more dmg by having more power or by having TT up 100% of the time?

• Options
    by having TT up all the time,I see your point,cause if I TT then daily pops right after,immolation spirits "evil laugh inserted here"
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015

by having TT up all the time,I see your point,cause if I TT then daily pops right after,immolation spirits "evil laugh inserted here"

having that good AP gain will make you more effective than lots of GWF, Spirits deal big damage and all time TT is insane
    probably its the best investment, can´t say
    SH weapon give you 10% damage 10% heal and 10% less damage if 5 member in group have the same weapon
    twinsted gives you 3800 power in case you get not hit
    it has to be tested
  • Options
    seniorhobsseniorhobs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    Has anyone actually tested being able to have TT up all the time?

I use primarily Immo Spirits, with flail snail my AP is always full before they expire, but if you accidentally hit the daily again before they expire (any daily, TT, Immo etc), nothing will happen, it just drains your AP to zero and spirits despawn on their previous timer wasting a full AP bar.

I haven't tried this with TT, because frankly, using Spirits ensures the AP fills faster, their hits/crits generate AP far faster than TT because you only gain AP for the your hits on a single target; not to mention the time lost simply casting TT and getting a few curses up.

Personally, I've found that keeping Spirits up as close to 100% of time as possible has netted the greatest output. Plan to only upgrad to the Twisted set for the extra Pwr buff myself.

-Grogak
  • Options
    azathesazathes Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thank you all for the answers. Honestly, I am focusing on my boons etc. Progressing other things waiting to read more on the subject.

Honestly, I like both the Fire and the Water set...I also like the Twisted set...choices choices...

I actually haven't heard much of an opinion if one had to chose between the Elemental and Twisted for PvP which one would find preferable.
  • Options
    A developer stated in another thread that fire weapon has 100% chance of giving 25% AP but has a cooldown of 30 seconds. This should be at least every second mob group.

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    btfd said:

A developer stated in another thread that fire weapon has 100% chance of giving 25% AP but has a cooldown of 30 seconds. This should be at least every second mob group.

25% AP every 30 seconds using a daily?
    Hm reading this makes me hesitate because 25% AP all 30 seconds vs 24x160 3840 power (and as Warlock the buff will be up most time I am sure) is not that good, I rebuild AP very fast by using at wills and encounter + any AP cleric will be more than enough probably?
    testing has to be done
  • Options
    "I'd like to clarify and apologize for the typo in that tooltip. The chance of receiving the AP bonus is 100%, however, this effect can only occur once every 30 seconds. The tooltip will be updated to be more accurate in the future."
    That is what asterdahl said. Can't quote cause I'm on mobile ATM...
    Combined with flail snail this would be 50% by just doing nothing. Maybe you could use this one combined with wheel of elements for extra damage, or go with twisted weapon and DC sigil... Too bad I won't have the time to test it all because of my studies -.- so I will leave it to fernu, kolat, etc :P

• Options
    I finally got my burning set and I can say that grinding the 100 motes was way way worth in,im doing 2 daily pops per a mob,enough for immolation spirits then TT,stuff is dropping quick and crazy
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    I farmed the Howling/Wind set in Spinward for the extra speed/utility and the set bonus does not activate for SW sprint shift. Very disappointing given that the dev explicitely stated that it would work for SW and GWF sprint.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    I've already stated that it won't work for sw/gwf, may work for gwf, but for the warlocks, i don't think so, all we get from devs are broken puppet and nasty nerfs