test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Its that TIME again, what is/was your favorite Module we have had.

silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
edited November 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Its been a long journey, arguably with some ups and downs, vote for your favorite! One of the reasons Im here personally is due to seeing most of the game released. I started right before mod 1, but really cranked it up during mod 2.

This isnt a poll to discuss any issue you may have with the game.. As you know, I have my OWN issues, and Im not hesitant to post them, I just want to keep this light and fun.

Many of us have had a ton of fun throughout the years! Share some of your favorite memories!

Its that TIME again, what is/was your favorite Module we have had. 88 votes

Mod/Shmod, game was more fun , with less grind before all of them!
13%
kvetromotheoneryoshinettekrahe21arabaturverdonix1strous1prejekpaddlefishdnosrcsubnoctethefabricanthustin1 12 votes
Mod 1:Fury of the Feywild, MC, Sharandar, Master of the Hunt and more! Best looking zone in game still!
13%
sabre10arandompandavinceent1cambo1682skalt112kemi1984melodicahulvielauldurongu3stozeusomcardsfan2005 12 votes
Mod 2: Shadowmantle, Are you kidding me! Best grind they ever did, and you can finally fight in VT! Take that Valindra!
23%
sockmunkeyzwergenschubsersorce#8115santralafaxniteingalesilverkeltjuleadreamironzerg79starbigamoboltzmann42rickcase276cdnbisoncerberusxllkarolz1210tassedethe13alamosabadboypekupekuikrymkaclirithielastreoss 21 votes
Mod 3: Curse of the Icewind Dale, hey it was iconic, large zones, Kessels retreat.
22%
zetahatatemynaamtaeldorndefiantone99suicidalgodotchartos#6469rversanticyphishrhylannafeebelmindeda14njugger71xxxskywolfxxxxeezertcaunsidhtherealprotexbenistvanhawkeyelfatgunsdbpunch 20 votes
Mod 4: Tyranny of Dragons, hey.. Shores of Tuern and Lair of Lostmouth, totally underrated. Lots of dragons to kill!
10%
klangeddinarcofortep12nandiiirinat114daryarunstablevikingvida44award9must6die 9 votes
Mod 5: Rise of Tiamat, There was a goddess to kill, we were gods I tell you gods! I never got tired of driving her back!
5%
laderhyakusekaihadestemplar#9918xholpanaaxemthegreat 5 votes
Mod 6: Elemental Evil.. well, we had levels to grind, weapons to earn and Minsc and Boo at least. Some challenge and Heals back into the game!
2%
dfncejohnjohniii 2 votes
Mod 7: Strongholds, Dragonflight! How dare they land in our backyard.
3%
shinlogoslokiyoplasticbatzman81420 3 votes
Mod 8: Underdark! We have new stuff!
4%
warpetkreatyvemeiramilotesk 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    Mod 3: Curse of the Icewind Dale, hey it was iconic, large zones, Kessels retreat.
    IWD and everything before it was amazing after that was a down hils slide that just fall faster and faster ... I really hope they can save this game as it is very good.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Mod 2: Shadowmantle, Are you kidding me! Best grind they ever did, and you can finally fight in VT! Take that Valindra!
    Dread Ring is still my favorite campaign zone to go into to. I like parts of Sharandar, but some of it is annoying.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I really love the Underdark stuff. Even if it's not a large amount of content - less new content = less room for new bugs. I'm happy.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Mod 4: Tyranny of Dragons, hey.. Shores of Tuern and Lair of Lostmouth, totally underrated. Lots of dragons to kill!
    Mod 4 IS underrated, for once not having a new zone wasn't so bad. The TOD campaign as a whole was fun for me, finally unlocking elol and getting wrecked in ESOT when it just got released was awesome. Also, Mod 4 was the last mod to have healthy economy! (drops actually worth something, actual non-bop drops, etc.)
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    IwD - when HEs were new, and varied, and could give you the some of most coveted gear in the game...

...instead of maybe another handful of soon-to-be-useless tokens or even less.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Mod. Schmod.

In my opinion though, NW jumped the shark with mod2 - after that the game has had no vision or clear direction. I've said it before - cryptic is looking at its feet and it started after module 2.
  • Options
    skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Mod 1:Fury of the Feywild, MC, Sharandar, Master of the Hunt and more! Best looking zone in game still!
    The first mod, because it was new. I would have absolutly hated it if i had known back then that the whole game was going to turn into a clone of it.
  • Options
    shinlogoslokiyoshinlogoslokiyo Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    To be fair, I only have Mod/Shmod, Mod7 and Mod8 to choose from. Mod8 is too new to make a call and I spent Mod/Shmod leveling (with friends, so we had fun, not sure about the health of the game outside of our little bubble of fun). Mod7 at least has been entertaining, I don't agree with the level of grind necessary for strongholds but we'll get there.

The only problem I have though is that I have far too much grind to make. Sure gear grind is just target the new content but I feel stretched out trying to get artifacts and more importantly boons. Especially in Icewind Dale where the system is behind a rep wall. Plus, even though most of them are sub-optimal I do love professions and Black ice shaping looks weird sitting in level 1...I want to move it up.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    First mod was the best. MC is still best looking dungeon for me - period.

First boons, first daily grind after we have the T2 gear from running all of these T2's it was a great time to go and annihilate some redcaps.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    It was a toss up between Mod 1 and 2. Sharandar and MC to me are the most beautiful zones in all the game. However, DR won out because of the silly time gating involved in getting the currency from boon 3 onwards in Sharandar. DR progress was smooth and simple.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I thought Module 3 was the most complete module. New zone. New campaign. New dailies. New dungeon. Great intro quests. Had a new skirmish, but that was kind of a let down. Also new BiS weapons that could be crafted through drops from the dungeons. That was awesome.

That being said, I'd mark Module 8: Underdark as my second favorite.

If Module 8 had a new Underdark zone with a few extra daily quests, and maybe a bunch more demonic HEs to run, then I think it would be perfect.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    Mod 6: Elemental Evil.. well, we had levels to grind, weapons to earn and Minsc and Boo at least. Some challenge and Heals back into the game!
    Big fail of mod 6, that is very memorable. Although, game play with tank or cleric was most ever exciting before DR bug fixed.

EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• Options
    Mine has always been Mod 2, it had just a boat load of things.. the very best planned campaign they ever did , with spot on grinding , addition of new weapons and fighting off valindra.

AS many have said, it really seemed after that juncture they kind of lost sight of a cohesion with the game and after mod 3, they had to tie in with the paper edition, which seemed to make all sorts of limitations in what they did.

Doesnt mean there isnt things I like about every mod , even mod 6.. had spinward, a gorgeous zone.

Mod 4.. I hated the way they implemented grind.. hated it.. but I loved elol and esot was really fun.

Mod 5.. I did tiamat.. like 4-500 times.. so clearly I enjoyed that.

right now my least favorite is current mod, its really bad, but even then, we did get a much needed tradebar rework, which kind of makes it not so bad in the end. I will not get into all of its flaws here.

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    I was tempted to vote for Mod 1 as it's still my favorite mod, but it's also when the insane grinding began. I agree with an earlier poster, though: mod 3 really started things going downhill.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    strous1strous1 Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Mod/Shmod

It was the best of all. Then they rushed in the new stuff to quick. Change hud were mount and artifact go. If anyone else remembers that. And the bugs grew each time, and contunue to grow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PnP Red Box DM & Player (74 - ?). NWN + SoU + HotU (4-03),
    NWN Diamond Edition, Neverwinter Nights Complete (NWN + NWN2).
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    I threw my vote to Shadowmantle. The grind was easy to track, the quests were varied enough, the lairs were a nice addition (with half-decent rewards!), a good dungeon....

Other mods (and I include mod1 in this) had exceptional grinds involved - be it the sparks in Sharandar, the Linu's Favors in Tiamat.... there was that one item that was just a monster to grind out, and would stall progress. In Dread Ring, there wasn't such an item stonewalling players. It flowed along nicely for about a month of play until you'd completed it, then could move on to the dungeon and 'end-game'.

Underdark seems to have recognized this, as I'm seeing that the flow of the campaign progression is set up in a similar fashion, but there doesn't seem to be much to actually *do* in the underdark. There isn't a quest zone to run through, which is too bad, as I think it could have been some good fun.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    mod 3: start to play the game. A noob. Did not really know how to play. Enjoy it somewhat because it was "new" to me. The experimental period.
    mod 4: know a little bit more. My character was still weak. Progress was slow.
    mod 5: character became stronger. Can kill everything. Start to get boring in the tail end of mod 5. Create more characters. Did not know anyone. Not in a real guild. PUG sucks.
    mod 6: everything became hard. More incentive to make my character stronger to overcome. Better and better in the tail end of mod 6. Joined a real guild.
    mod 7: more fun mainly because of the guild and stronghold glued the guild together. More activities every day. Have the most fun since I started the game.
    mod 8: hard to tell at the moment.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    Graphed %'s. Im not here to slam anything, I just think its quite interesting that poll after poll on this subject clearly shows one thing.

Players enjoyed content more or less up to Mod 3 the most, and since then its tailed off some. I'm not saying that is that unusual, but statistically speaking, one of these later mods need it hit a better nerve with all of us. Even in current mod, there are things that could just be better for everyone.

• Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Mod8 is my new favorite. I've been playing since open beta and the last mod that I enjoyed was Dread Ring. I like about everything about the new mod so far. The Underdark storyline was short and sweet, but very well written (unlike the abomination that was Elemental Evil), and the other content is nice, too. Now, if only we could get old dungeons back, I'd be very happy.

I think Neverwinter has improved a lot since the disaster that was Elemental Evil. The economy is much healthier, it's easy to farm some AD and there are enough choices on how to do that (although pvp rewards could be higher), and the game and the new mod especially just feels more alt-friendly.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    No matters what they do, we didn't had a complete module since a long time.

How to make a perfect module for dummies:

- 1 Campaign with a feeling of progression
    With 2 boons you can get early, and other you have to drop some item to unlock them.
    Plus skirmish, dungeon, Tiamat/demogorgon like fight unlockable (TOD, Sharandar, Dread ring, Underdark are good examples)

- 3 different sets, all with differents USEFUL bonus AND STATS, and not intended to be only used during one mod. Make them dropable with a rare rate ( Maybe 5-10% ), and SELLABLE.
    Making them upgradeable by profession like Black ice is still OK, even if i don't like it. Maybe let the player choose the stats on their set.

- Make NEW DUNGEON, with 3level of difficulty, normal, epic and heroic ! So everybody can enjoy content according to the difficulty.

- Make One new zone with some quests to do there ( And maybe... some HE with again 3 level of difficulty where a zerg mass can't succeed easily )

Now the how to f*** up a module for dummies:

- Recycle old content
    - Force players to return to old zone
    - Force players to make mindless heroic farm for artifact weapon
    - Force player to play at specific time, like XX:30 Demogorgon, XX:30 Dragonflight, XX:00 Tiamat. Free the players
    - Stop making everything bound on pick up. Make it a least bound to account.

This is just some tips for making a module enjoyable, as you can see module 8 checks almost half of the 'MUST DO' and all the 'DON'T DO'.

Your move Cryptic now