test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

New Rings (mitigates our tab ability)

vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
well folks, there are 2 new rings on test that will mitigate our stealth in pvp

one give 10 seconds of see invis every 30 seconds. so there ya go, you have a 20 sec window to use stealth and hopefully you can read minds to know if the ring has worked on you or not.

This to me, seems like it is pretty lame. There are no rings that do this for other classe's abilities. And we all know what a TR out of stealth looks like....

We will adapt as always but this one really grinds my gears

Comments

• Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    just like they will take your unique ability you will be able (with the right rings) take there's too. its one small step forward pvp balance. i see many changes in builds (already started to save zen for respec) and i also predict a lot of cry babies ohh pvp is too hard coming from all "top pvers" that now will be killed by lesser geared player but a bit more skilled and innovative.
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    So more exec builds gonna be in pvp or what??
  • Options
    lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
    for new module if u wanna do pvp as tr and survive go scoundrel
  • Options
    norsemanxnorsemanx Member Posts: 124 Arc User

just like they will take your unique ability you will be able (with the right rings) take there's too..

What other classes are having a good chuck of their class tab ability negated by the new rings?
  • Options
    SW will lose most of it powers. So being a underdog in pvp will become being totally worthless in pvp.
  • Options
    lightweight#1008 lightweight Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    This will literally destroy rogues. Without stealth we will be the easy kill for every class to go after. Maybe if they buff scoundrel we might survive a little but still will be severely handicapped against all other players of equal gear.
  • Options
    Well it hits harder to SW. No soul sparks -> no healing -> no puppet or immolation spirits -> significant loss of dps and def skills.
    Sadly my main character is SW and cause it's so hard class to play in pvp i decided to make TR... Soon both classes are quite worthless. :(
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    vteasy said:

well folks, there are 2 new rings on test that will mitigate our stealth in pvp

one give 10 seconds of see invis every 30 seconds. so there ya go, you have a 20 sec window to use stealth and hopefully you can read minds to know if the ring has worked on you or not.

This to me, seems like it is pretty lame. There are no rings that do this for other classe's abilities. And we all know what a TR out of stealth looks like....

We will adapt as always but this one really grinds my gears

Does it mitigate combat advantage or the 100% crit? If so then they just killed TR's LOL
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

Well it hits harder to SW. No soul sparks -> no healing -> no puppet or immolation spirits -> significant loss of dps and def skills.
    Sadly my main character is SW and cause it's so hard class to play in pvp i decided to make TR... Soon both classes are quite worthless. :(

that ring is bugged and its confirmed its going to be fixed.
    stealth ring is supposed to be like this, just bad and OP
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Well. It's the end of Max-Stealth builds for Sabo and Exe.

I think i will test a Max-deflect-Exe build ( 75% ), and, if it's not efficient, i will switch for a Permadeflect-Scoundrel build.

Survivability from Stealth is dead, it's time for other way.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    mirlegris said:

Well. It's the end of Max-Stealth builds for Sabo and Exe.

I think i will test a Max-deflect-Exe build ( 75% ), and, if it's not efficient, i will switch for a Permadeflect-Scoundrel build.

Survivability from Stealth is dead, it's time for other way.

Its time for a huge damage buff and retooling our encounters to be more powerful outside of stealth. And for your capstones to not be dependent on stealth and about a million other things that will have to change now

• Options
    kweassakweassa Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    so we get rid of all buffs and stuff, bare-fisted, both sides, you and me, mono e mono.

So we gonna do bare-fisted, head-to-head fight against other classes.

...do you think we can really win? LOL

Stop making excuses. Be a man.
    If you know something to be broken, stop using it.
    Otherwise, you've got no right to be speaking of 'balance.'
  • Options

Just bind rings to your keyboard and you can swap them around how often you want for any situation ;)

Interesting, but How ? I know how bind few thing like vip tp, premaked sentences in tchat, but i don't know how bind gear switch.
  • Options
    dufistodufisto Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    kweassa said:

so we get rid of all buffs and stuff, bare-fisted, both sides, you and me, mono e mono.

So we gonna do bare-fisted, head-to-head fight against other classes.

...do you think we can really win? LOL

who said you have to facetank anything. stick and dodge stick and dodge.
  • Options
    Yeah, i understand, no problem. But if it's really possible maybe you ca report this before an overexploit at the begining of th the mod.
  • Options
    setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    10 sec is a bit too much no?
    Because in a pvp, you don't always 1v1, if all the team wear that ring, or if you are 1v2, one of them will have the ring's buff when the other don't have, and getting hit will just reveal the TR.

oh and forgot the lantern of revelation.