Indifferent
9%
dreampagehunmahburg 2 votes
Dislike it
9%
randomdigits#2166cobrasnipe32 2 votes
Hate it
27%
sandmanprimethunder0301virtueofcyanidemyfist2yourfacebluefox912bayonetfighter7 6 votes

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    What are the future changes to AD..?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    bluefox912bluefox912 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Hate it
    At the and of the day xbox players are still getting slapped in the face and for those of us with lives and in inability to sit and grind for ADs all day it's still usless. Not all of us have the one to sit in a dungeon for hours as people either leave it just cut figure their <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out.
    It seems like Xbox players are getting a raw deal due to people exploiting the PC which is BS
  • Options
    bayonetfighter7bayonetfighter7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hate it
    I agree with other people who posted. It does not address the main problem, Leadership was <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> of its value. There was no attempt to compensate players who invested heavily in Leadership. I am a very good customer of yours as I have been playing for a few months and have spent around $500.00. With a chunk of that going towards Leaderships. At the very least 2 easy changes can be made in Leadership. 1: Double or more the amount of Professional xps. per task. 2: All Ranks of Leadership should be able to be earned and promoted in the ranks in Leadership. Thank you for considering my ideas.

George S. Powell
  • Options
    Ah thanks, I've had a read.

I think a 50% increase in both the rewards and refining is a good thing. It will help the general pugger who just wants to spend a couple of hours running around doing general content.

I think a major gripe for a percentage of players is that they miss the old ways of earning diamonds via the AH. Most items were changed to account/character bound, thus removing a major incentive for running dungeons. They can no longer earn a large amount above the refining cap by doing a ton of dungeon runs for drops.

The problem for them is of course, a lot of players who were buying the more expensive items had Leadership farms (of various sizes) and due to this being shut down the top-end AH prices should never return - no magic AD fountain means AD ONLY comes through proper game play & even a full time player would only manage a max of 6 characters imo. I run 2 x dungeons & 2 x pvp on 3 characters + invoking nets 45k per day and takes about 3 hours total including queueing. On top of this I'm still doing campaigns etc.

Personally speaking I am fine with the current economy apart from one major issue: refining.

The cost to get my weapons etc to at least legendary is extortionate and since the DHE nerf it's only become worse.
    Getting my weapon and armor enchantments up to a decent spec would be ok - if the cost of coalescent wards wasn't ridiculous. To make my own transcendent enchantment from shards I would need to use a total of 32 coal wards. This makes it unobtainable to me.

Even if I did spend every AD I earned on wards AND farmed my own shards it would take 3 months. A new mod would come out and my hard work would be obsolete. Unlike artifacts, I cannot reclaim the points spent by refining it into the new one I want. Bear in mind this would be 3 months of 3 characters not spending a penny on ANYTHING else in the game.

To be fair, it's not the 3 months I mind - it's the fact it'd use up all of my only means of progression (AD). And that's only one of the 2 primary enchantments needed.

Make Coalescent Wards a rare task reward from L25 Leadership. Simple. Right there you've made Leadership useful again and reduced the complaints from those with redundant Leadership.

It would even reduce the cost of Trans Enchs to that of 'obtainable' to those who aren't sitting on a fortune from mod5. Currently a trans ward from the AH is 3 to 5 MILLION AD. The most I've ever had is 400k and that was 9 days of hard saving.

I'm not worried that people can't make millions any more. I just want my characters to progress.

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    none of those things apply to my stance on it. I"m wait and see. I am concerned about the economy but I was more concerned they were doing nothing about it. but now they are. they did state before they wanted to do babysteps to see how things fell out before doing more alterations. to me, while surely too small a step, it is a step in the right direction. it is a sign of good faith and while I'm not convinced they are going to keep holding the ball.. I have my hope of that than I did before. So I am pleased with reservations. and I think I understand why they fixed something that wasn't broken for xbox. (yet became broken) they don't want to work on two games. So things have to be identical. (so where is our gateway?) LOL... but anyway beyond that inconsistency... they have just committed themselves to finding a solution that works for both platforms so we have to hang on for the ride while they experiment. their end goal is not to lose their entire player base, right.. it's to add on to their player base and keep people coming back. So we have to trust they're going to be working in a direction that is in the interest of making it a viable game for all.

anyway so yeah, wait and see how the sails unfurl.
  • Options
    crimsonlightning#8932 crimsonlightning Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Stepping into an economy I'm new to and not conditioned with any preconcieved notions of how it should work and what relative worth is, I can look at what they're doing objectively and easily see the logic behind it. Normalizing the currency is a smart move to maintain and dictate economic health.

What was apparently going on was inflation due to the relative lack of worth of the currency; because there was so much AD in the economy due to exlpoits and oversights the developers just didn't carefully account for, the average buyer had the means to pay heaps so of course the sellers would could charge heaps. AD was akin to the Peso. Compounding the problem was the developer's Zen market, its pricing for items, and how that didn't match at all what the ZAX had become. As much as they'll feed you the opposite line, the providers of this game are a business not a charity, and if the state of the ZAX is negatively effecting the sale of Zen too strongly then they have to take action to correct that, otherwise they can't pay the bills and they will eventually not have a job to show up to. It's that simple.

So yes, I agree with trimming down an inflated market and normalizing the supply and demand of AD and Zen. Totally makes sense, it's an intelligent solution.

Addendum:
    Sellers will eventually adjust to the fact that the prices they expect now will simply not be feasible and the market prices will in turn synchronize to general supply and demand. There will be less out-game trading to exploit as a result as well because it'll be less profitable. These are both desireable conditions.
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Love it
    I am not a AD making machine, I have above average equipment ect. This will help me progress my character a little quicker and I am for it. More RAD each day which is my main source of income so I welcome it tbh. I am not expecting top level gear RIGHT NOW like most players. I work well with what I have and make due just fine. That is why I LOVE IT.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    At least the devs are actually trying to do something about the economy now and have recognised that there is a problem. I hope they continue to moniter the situation and take appropriate action to keep it on track as best they can. These initial changes will certainly help and are a step in the right direction, however as with any economy there is no quick fix and the situation will have to be carefully monitered with potential changes ready to be administered at regular intervals.
    I wish the devs the best of luck with their efforts and hope they get the in game economy back on track which will be great for all of the existing players as well as all the newcomers.
  • Options
    fullmetalwitchfullmetalwitch Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Love it
    Because why not, we get what we get and like it.
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Dislike it
    I don't really care so much about the specific change as I care about the time spent by devs chasing wrong goals.

If they want to make PC and Xbox feel the same they should set all NPC prices in game in Zen, or based on the current Zen rate and stop wasting time trying to balance ZAX rates.

Otherwise Xbox with its smaller population of hardcore players and fewer ways to generate game money is always going to be on the losing end in comparison to PC.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    It does feel a bit like they are trying to balance the economies of the US and UK with the same fiscal policy. We may both speak the same language and trade in the same commodities but the challenges and opportunities on the ground differ to such a point that a single policy will negatively affect one or both.

• Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    xbox should really be separate from pc. or we should have the same exploits to level the playing field. LOL. really, I'm not sure why they needed to take out ad from professions. it does seem to be the block that made everything go tumbling down for xbox. I never used it so I have no idea how good it really was but it does seem to have made a big impact. I know in programming you can get a butterfly effect going where maybe you can break the game by having that sort of difference in two seemingly unrelated things. (ad present in xbox but not pc new code is brought in and suddenly no one can access professions at all, or something absolutely unrelated breaks and it takes forever to figure out that it was the lack of ad in professions)

maybe it's a much bigger deal than I can imagine... but I do have a hard time figuring out why it makes sense not to just put it back the way it was and say bob's ur uncle.. stuff is fixed now...

maybe they are afraid the bonus changes they're making for the pc with ad will put too much ad in the economy here.. but we still lag massively behind pc in ad supply even with professions so not sure how it would be a bad thing still.
  • Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Like it
    Like it.

It's a step in the right direction. I think they need to drop the price of the companion upgrades still but like they've said they're trying to manage an economy so won't make massive changes but small incremental ones.

Earning and refining extra AD is always a bonus and people have moaned since day 1 that 24000 ref per day isn't enough. This along with other proposed changes (making trade bars acct bound not character etc) at least shows that they're listening to the users.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Indifferent
    Some good steps, but not much difference in my view. The problem with the daily dungeons / skirmishes is that they are simply too hard to complete, especially with public groups. It's not worth it to be honest. Since Mod 6 came out I have never been able to complete any Epic dungeon at all. And standard dungeons don't give you AD as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong). So it's good that they raise the Daily RAD refinement limit but what for? I can't even get RAD from daily activities. Also, the exchange rate on Xbox One is laughable. I'd definitely consider buying more Zen to sell if the rate was reasonable but at around 125-130 nowadays I'm not going to. So right now AD is both extremely hard to earn and also extremely expensive to buy. Something should be done about it but I don't think the changes they detailed for us will make such a big impact.
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • Options
    cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Very promising and a step in the right direction.

Luckily they're clever enough to ignore the moaning from the Leadership farming people.
  • Options

It's not worth it to be honest. Since Mod 6 came out I have never been able to complete any Epic dungeon at all. And standard dungeons don't give you AD as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong)

Fortunately that is wrong - run the easy mode 3 man Temple of the Spider twice for 7k'ish for your AD and try the 5 man when you're geared fully.

• Options
    ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Like it
    armadeonx said:

It's not worth it to be honest. Since Mod 6 came out I have never been able to complete any Epic dungeon at all. And standard dungeons don't give you AD as far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong)

Fortunately that is wrong - run the easy mode 3 man Temple of the Spider twice for 7k'ish for your AD and try the 5 man when you're geared fully.

Didn't realise you got AD for the 3 man dungeons. Thanks for this.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • Options
    lorde#3763 lorde Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Love it
    as they said, theres not enugh AD in the XB market, for once it would be noce no to have to sell coal wards for like... 168k ad just for more diamonds
  • Options
    kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I read most the previous posts and have a lot of thoughts but one keeps running to the front of my mind as i read. HOW MANY DAILY PLAYERS ARE LEFT ON THE GAME? Because we all talk of supply and demand and how it relates to costs. What i see as a daily day one player, active in professions, trading and the AH is that there is too little demand left. It does not matter how low I price even commonly needed items. It can still take days or weeks now before being sold. This is with under cutting aside. My view is because the player base is to small to support even the changes being made. Its to little to late. Surely the issues being fixed with AD can be partially blamed on botters and exploiters, no doubt.

But if we weren't given a incredible game called NEVERWINTER with lots of fun dungeons, and exciting ways to earn AD with gold/AD/item trading. With the chance of winning rare boss drops to sell for AD.Or having some substantial value in salvagable items. With professions that were worth spending your time on.

And then to slowly have it stripped down into something totally different with a new change every couple weeks. Then we would not be in this trouble. There would still be more than enough buyers out there to keep the economy rolling fine. Now I'm left with a game we have all nicknamed NEVERMIND. Its unfortunate because i loved Neverwinter.
  • Options
    dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Indifferent
    armadeonx said:

I'll try that, but the last time I tried (after the modifications) I didn't get anything for it as far as I remember. I'll have to try it again. Thanks. However, I don't know what the "5 man" types mean. I always get the 3 member version when doing a standard dungeon. Only Epics need 5 members, but then again they seem to be impossible.

Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • Options
    myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Hate it
    a little too little of an up- I mean I like some coming back, but without 6 hrs of gameplay Ill never get that cap, I never reached the 24K except when I salvaged my purple gear from LVL60... and shouldn't have to run 6 hrs of gameplay to reach a daily limit either.... mounts and companions are STILL double the correct price- leveling up companions is 6X more than buying a better one in the AD??
    you even said it in your comments, that you see it- but it equals to:
    " we see that its 8X cheaper in the AD house- so we are taking off 10% of the price- what???
    so=you know that you are charging 8X more than the value that is being shown in the AD house...
    ;so you lower it to just 6X its value...GG guys

and taking away the Seals event...seriously

umm, you "wouldn't" take away an event that your players have been waiting on, like forever- and a day- would you
    -you "shouldn't" take away an event 2 days before launch- its very unprofessional and it will make the people that were waiting on it very mad... (it seems you like that though....or do you???)
    -you "couldn't" make another bad mistake to the population so soon- without loosing the few that were hanging in there.
    -I feel like I have been taken advantage of-again
    -its like you gave us a free bag of chips- only to yank it out of our hands- and give us only 1 chip- with a smile on your face
    and looking at us like- that will fill your tummy- when we were supposed to get the whole snack...
    try this:
    give StrumSlinger a much deserved reward for his long hours of work- then- yank it away, only giving him a small portion
    question: is Andy happy???
  • Options
    myfist2yourfacemyfist2yourface Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Hate it
    a step in the right direction, but you ran 100 yards away from us...
    -a step back towards us is a good start, but a LONG way off still, I can barely hear your voice- come a little closer.....closer.....
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    Like it
    Xbox One ZAX: 140 AD per Zen
    PC ZAX: 400 AD per Zen

:(

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User