test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Masterwork Professions

darwinsradiodarwinsradio Member Posts: 61 Arc User
So, we get another example of PWE trying to screw those of us not in big guilds by making the recipes accessible to player in guilds with a Guild Hall of level 12 or higher. Well they say that we can still do something but in a way that sounds like they are only punishing us for not joining their ridiculous guild warfare.

I have said it a number of times, my use for a guild is to join with my FRIENDS not to pile in with a bunch of strangers and more often than not foul mouthed children (my experience from joining random groups to do mini dungeons).

I think for the intended audience Strongholds is probably great, but don't screw the rest of us over because we aren't going to compromise our game play to take part in something we don't care about.

Unfortunately this seems to indicate a pattern going forward that high end new content is going to be dependent on membership in an UBER guild. Only time will tell, and hopefully the developers decide to help those of out who will not be grinding out the Stronghold.

Comments

• Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    Yep,

This is no help to small and mid sized Guilds
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    Well, it looks like there is no place for small guilds and/or casual players in NWO anymore, it's really that plain and simple.
    It's be in a big guild, with a lot of active players, or don't get access to existing and future benefits.

And as mentioned in another thread, two points i still don't understand...
    A. Why not offer at least the lower ranking guild structures for more reasonable amount of resources, to allow small guilds and even solo player to build their own little stronghold?

B. Why not go all the way on this road, and open up a shard guild for every player?
    B. 1. No guild leader, that can kick you out at any given time.
    B. 2. All players are equal in that guild.
    B. 3. Buildings and upgrades will be pre set by the Devs, and the guild ranking could be limited, so that you get access to masterwork professions, or other perks linked to guilds planed in the future, but not to the max. boons

Anyway, someone could tell the person in charge, that this will only cost them players in the long run...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    mrmcsmithysmrmcsmithys Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Thank god I got out when I did and didn't waste any time on Strongholds , when the whole idea of strongholds was announced it was pretty obvious that anybody wanting to take FULL ( just writing that in caps before any of the usual white knights come riding in saying the game is still free and doesn't require membership of high level guilds etc etc nonsense etc .) advantage of the game from then on would have to be in one of the guilds full of whales and this masterwork crafting stuff just further reinforces that point of view .
  • Options
    dbpunchdbpunch Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    null
    ~70% of bigger guilds are elitists that they only invite certain ones
    *edit* couldnt able to copy comment from the phone
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,044 Arc User
    edited November 2015

regenerde said:

B. Why not go all the way on this road, and open up a shard guild for every player?
    B. 1. No guild leader, that can kick you out at any given time.
    B. 2. All players are equal in that guild.
    B. 3. Buildings and upgrades will be pre set by the Devs, and the guild ranking could be limited, so that you get access to masterwork professions, or other perks linked to guilds planed in the future, but not to the max. boons

This is what FW does. It's awesome. Anyone under lvl40 can join and you'll have access to people to run instances with, farm currencies and it's an awesome way to get the hang of the game. One could enjoy the entire game being in one of these guilds. These guilds don't have a base, but bases aren't nearly as important as they are here. The system could easily be copied and tailored to suit NW.
    Well, i would set the level restrictions from level 30 to max. level, so that everyone would have the chance to get access to Masterwork Professions and anything else the Devs come up with in the future for guilds.

Level 30 as entry level, and/or maybe all Neverdeath Graveyard quests done, when you get the last quest and travel back to PE to Sgt. Knox, you could then get the permission to join the PE guild.

That should also keep the goldsellers out of the guild... or not, but it would make it difficulter for them to get their characters in there.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    Its just a new way the devs found to kick more casual players out of the game. This is the 3rd Mod in a row focus on kick casuals and just keep the whales playing, now they are removing the professions too for "casuals players". I just can't understand any logic behind a profession having anything to do with a guild and why those recipes that are "top guild" members only. Anyway, this isn't a DnD game anymore since the launch of Mod6 so trying to find RPG logic to this game is pointless. Each new mod looks like shooting the death corpse on the ground
  • Options
    ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
    tomiotar said:

Each new mod looks like shooting the death corpse on the ground

Amen

R.I.P., 14 Uktar (Nov 15/2015), Jagged Daggers Roleplaying Guild established beta destroyed by Cryptic
  • Options
    evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    After one of my jewelry crafting rings failed 27 times with 60% chance masterwork professions can go do one.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Small guilds apears to have no future in cryptics design. Not only is this hurting the small guilds it reduces the amount of players that start the game new that will stay for the long run.

After every level you are still asked to make a guild even if you are in a guild already.These players go to PE and beg people to help them setup a new guild not realising that crypric will do all it can too make this new guild fail.
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    ridderkaltenridderkalten Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have never understod this small mind mentality of the small guilds. The first guild i joined had at max 3-4 players online. There were no cooperation. In order to get anywhere as a guild you have to have many members. So lets see what that give each player.

1. It give access to many active players so you dont have to join an awful PUG group.
    2. Over time, as the stronghold is being built each player gain the ability to get better gear and boons.
    3. It also require ridiculous amounts of materials to the upgrades.

That mean that the players have to farm all that stuff and pay the AD to get access to the mastercraft stuff. Its only fair that those who work the the bonuses can use them.

So get over it. The term a "free game" is a concept. In reality someone has to pay to get the good stuff in facebook games, WOW, SWTOR and all the others.
  • Options
    marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User
    edited November 2015

I have never understod this small mind mentality of the small guilds. The first guild i joined had at max 3-4 players online. There were no cooperation. In order to get anywhere as a guild you have to have many members. So lets see what that give each player.

1. It give access to many active players so you dont have to join an awful PUG group.
    2. Over time, as the stronghold is being built each player gain the ability to get better gear and boons.
    3. It also require ridiculous amounts of materials to the upgrades.

That mean that the players have to farm all that stuff and pay the AD to get access to the mastercraft stuff. Its only fair that those who work the the bonuses can use them.

So get over it. The term a "free game" is a concept. In reality someone has to pay to get the good stuff in facebook games, WOW, SWTOR and all the others.

So your point is valid and all others that dont like to play in BIG guilds due to the mentally there are wrong.

Let me enlighten you that the MAJORITY of this and most games out there are players that play for a couple of hours a week not 5-8 hours a day.

Its fine and dandy that a hard working community like a big guild can acces the BIS items in the game, HOWEVER its not fine that the game EXLUDE everybody else from about everything new in the game such as new trade things.

Let me see bonus like 8k power/arpen/lifesteal 32000k hp these redicules Drain Marks, new armor etc etc that guild city buffs will give DEMANDS that you enter a big guild or just are left in the dust.

So if a game moves down a road whish will make the MAJORITY leave the game due to not been able to compeat any more it might just might be a good idea to allow both small guild players and major guild players to get acces to the games content.

But why bother lets do it your way because who cares about what others think or how the reality works....
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    To get started in Masterworks you will need: (Thank you Defiance)

Alchemy: 250 Orange Vitriol, 250 Purple Vitriol

Jewelcrafting: 500 Perfect Gems, 250 Aberrant Leather Strips

Artificing: 250 Ornamental Adamantine, 250 Carved Ebony

Platesmithing: 500 Adamantine Plates

Start now, or when you get to crafting level 21, in each craft, then you'll be ready when your Guild hits Rank 12.