test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Repentant Cultist Companion- when will cryptic fix it so the key drops?

kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
The key doesn't drop. It's broken. I have now done it on 8 toons daily since Mod6 came out
And it's never dropped. That's impossible. a 1000 runs and not a single key?
Please don't post and ssay you got the key because I dont care. ITS BROKEN.

Comments

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    Soon(TM)...
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Its sort of ironic. Either things are so rare that they seem impossible (Cultist keys, SCA Thief, Lostmauth Horn), or they drop like candy and become AH fodder. Seems like its hard to get a good in between drop rate.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I have done countless eLoL runs and the Horn has never dropped for me. Drops for everyone else (even more so for @thefabricant :p). A friend of mine who quit a long time ago got it on his first-ever run...go figure.

I got the Repentant Cultist key once, also a long time ago, but it was in a group, and others have also gotten in while in a group. Try that maybe? Even so isn't the active bonus is borked?
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    kurtb88kurtb88 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 597 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

I have done countless eLoL runs and the Horn has never dropped for me. Drops for everyone else (even more so for @thefabricant :p). A friend of mine who quit a long time ago got it on his first-ever run...go figure.

I got the Repentant Cultist key once, also a long time ago, but it was in a group, and others have also gotten in while in a group. Try that maybe? Even so isn't the active bonus is borked?

i never did these instances without a group. my characters cannot solo those places.

• Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    They should make this companion legendary or at least epic since it's BoP. Green = common, and this is not common.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Wait a minute, about a month ago there was one guy with a "show mw your Horns" post that had 15, or so he said Lostmauth's Horns.

Its sort of ironic. Either things are so rare that they seem impossible (Cultist keys, SCA Thief, Lostmauth Horn), or they drop like candy and become AH fodder. Seems like its hard to get a good in between drop rate.

• Options
    tantalictantalic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    I'm just a normal player who occasionally does cult prison and I received a key yesterday doing this solo. Very exciting!
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    jaotut said:

They should make this companion legendary or at least epic since it's BoP. Green = common, and this is not common.

That's the thing that always annoyed me - the quality/grade of items should reflect their rarity/difficulty in obtaining them.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    I got one within a month after Well of Dragons opened. A guildie of mine got one on this past Monday.

It's a random roll, not broken. I've never gotten an Eye of Lathander myself, but some guildies have gotten 5 or more.

I suggest more prayers to Tymora.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • Options
    alpehansalpehans Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Finally got one last week after 6 months , so yes it does drop, but stupidly rare.

Also , unless you want it for the "collection" value, you're not missing out. It's a green defender with no taunt or extra threat generation. Borderline useless for soloing atleast, since most mobs are dead before its done doing its "transformation" :(