test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Quick change abilities

chaosweaver83chaosweaver83 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited November 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I did a search and there was a few threads about this back in 2013. I'm guessing if it hasn't been done in 2 years it probably won't happen, but whatever.

I think there should be a quick change ability that allows you to switch a group of powers for another. For example, CW's for the most part are AOE, but occasionally need/want to go single target without having to go in and manually switch over a few powers. Of course you wouldn't be able to just switch whenever you wanted, all current powers would have to be off cool-down, maybe not while in combat, etc. Also the new power set you switch to would go on cool-down, like it is currently when switching single powers.

Other mmo's do this and it is quite nice. What do you think?
Post edited by chaosweaver83 on

Comments

• Options
    dbpunchdbpunch Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    That would be mooore unbalanced system
  • Options
    dbpunch said:

That would be mooore unbalanced system

More unbalanced for what, pvp?
  • Options
    dbpunchdbpunch Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Maybe both pve and pvp
  • Options
    PVP I can see it being unbalanced. I don't pvp so I didn't think of that. For pve I don't see an unbalance issue. You already can switch powers out even in combat. This would just simplify it instead of opening the power sheet and dragging and dropping each one. As long as the appropriate cool-downs applied so you can't just spam switch between powers, I don't see the issue.
  • Options
    eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I don't think it would be unbalanced at all, you can already switch abilities this would just be a quicker way. I'd also like to see dual specs, but alas these have all been mentioned for a long long time with no results.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    there is a legit command to do this lf confirm that is not breaking eula.( i am talking about you can put the powers next to the chat).
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    Some sort of quick power tray feature would be great. Obviously, it would have to put all powers on cooldown, for balance purposes, whenever you switched, (unless out of combat).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums