test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Remove bonus rings in PvP

One ring is already gone because its broken as hell. Now the rest needs to follow.

This game and its players is screaming for PvP class balance. Adding new rings that are broken, un-tested (obviously) does not help that cause. Infact, it will bring even more unbalance and break PvP even more.

Please stop introducing new items with untested and OP bonuses in PvP until you fix whats already in-place.

Same goes for AP/Stamina drain wards. Remove them from PvP they are not doing the game any good at all.

Thumbs up for two-slotted tenacity rings tho!

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

Comments

• Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Agree. +1000
    Please.
  • Options
    sher0013sher0013 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Guess devs won't remove or nerf drain marks unless half of the server has lvl 16 guildhall. Those are the strongest stimulus for upgrading the stronghold. Artifact weapon may be a good thing (or not, since in m8 there are four more sets with better bonuses for some classes), as are the boons, but you can manage without it. But if you like pvp yet don't have a ward mark, it leaves you almost defensless. So every pvp guild now struggles to get those marks as soon as possible.

I agree that marks should be removed (as well as those godawful rings). Because they ruin already poor-balanced pvp and... because they are completely useless things. I mean - if you meet a player without warding marks, you mostly win because of draining his/her stamina. Does that make you a skilled player? Nope. And if you fight a player from a good pvp guild, he 90% has ward marks and the only thing your marks will drain is your guildmarks stock. How exciting.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Players from big PvP guilds almost all use drains.
    I use wards so they can drain my balls instead, on my main.
    But yeah, any player who does not have access to the wards at least, is HAMSTER up badly. It's the pinnacle of no-skill gameplay, when a drain user attacks a regular player. There you see the poor basterd forced to walk, with no chance to dodge, while the enemy jumps around him like a monkey in heat, melting him.

Uberpinnacle of this pile of sh*t is a permarooting HR with stamina drain, attacking a regular player. It screams "i see you, i win".

They should really remove these things OR at least make wards available at lower market levels so every player gets the chance to defend himself from this sh*t.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    How long does it last , this stealth reveal, every 60 seconds for...?
    I read about the natural order ring, that debuffs even my puppet and my dailies, its broken for sure as they said and they are gonna fix it, will not be obtainalbe if mod starts
    the stealthring gives me the opportunityto see a TR in stealth right?Nice feature imo

The TR´s I know for now who play a lame, brainless perma stealth one button kill machine against my warlock have no advantage any more i hope, no first strike 100% crit s.hit etc, at least for short time
    first time they have to invest statpoint in defence etc. not putting every little point in power crit or arp
    I met lots of TR´s that even could facetank me in PVP, sure another build don´t mind, so addept to this I would say

debuff GWF in PVP? also good and needed for sure
    met a 2,5 GWF in Dom T Fey + T negation + lolset
    no need to do anything just smash buttons and kill with two hits due to broken enchants, these rings will bring back some order for short time every 60 seconds, after that you can go on smashing, as I said GWF rebuilds his buffs in no time 4 seconds and all buffs regained, classfeature gives 40% more determintion.... go hulk every 5 seconds, 1 second later you have your 10 stacks back
    all you have to do is adapt like allways
    I am not sure if this is really a gamebreaking problem than more a problem for some Cookie cutter builds in game

PVP at the current state is boring as hell, disbalanced and broken as s.hit.
    Anyone wants to tell me the opposit?
    Everyone I meat in Dom is either pug stomping or gets stomped or is standing at campfire, or just ranting in the chat, most matches are >50% of the time capsharing because noone can see any reason to go on fighting
    So in case broken s.hit negates broken s.hit it could be gold again :smile:
  • Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User

[...]
    The TR´s I know for now who play a lame, brainless perma stealth one button kill machine against my warlock have no advantage any more i hope, no first strike 100% crit s.hit etc, at least for short time
    [...}

I wouldn't be so sure here - though I'm just hypothesizing.

Will Stealth be cancelled for all TR within the ring's AoE or will the effect Stealth has on you - not seeing the TR - be cancelled? If the former, you'd probably be right, if the latter, maybe not so. Then you'd only see them and hence be able to attack them with target-lock-on-requiring skills? Which already would be a big plus, as it'll enable you to fight back. But it might not break their stealth benefits, and it might not reveal them to other players...

...it would be interesting to learn more.
  • Options
    lightweight#1008 lightweight Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Agreed. These rings should never be released. Game breaking rings. Terrible idea. Where do they think up these stupid ideas...
  • Options
    balorinbalorin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The ring is not gone, the ring will come back with some changes but the spirit of the ring will stay the same, it won't affect every buffs that's all. The clearly mentionned it will come back after a better look on it.

Hey everyone, thank you for testing and reporting on this ring! As some of you have suspected, some number of these powers are not meant to be removed by the ring of natural order. For instance, soul sparks, dragonflight empowerment, etc.

We'll be pulling the ring from launch and re-implementing it in our week two patch. Offensive dispelling is not a common mechanic in Neverwinter right now, and so we need some time to take a look at which buffs should not be affected and make sure they are flagged properly, and give the quality assurance team time verify the changes.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    they implement OP stuff that triples stats like arp with boons and mounts and the moment they take a piece of it everyone is panicing?
    These rings will change some things...probably... but I am sure they will not kill PVP the way drainig glyphs OP Boons and mount, and broken feats and powers do
    debuffing weapon enchants for a short time like broken feytouched and negation stacks? Best I can imagine that happend
    debuffing overpowerde GWF vor short time ? Thanks for having 5 seconds longer to live.
    debuffing AS and debuffing inkillable OP´s for some degree? very good
    make TR´s for short time visible? best idea, so they get out of perma offence for short time and have at least to pop their ITC not facetanking you with that feature, beside being invisble by killing you, redicules gameplay btw. having all time invisibilty and being able to attack by that, brainless