test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Smaug's Journey (or Why does Cryptic continue to aim both barrels at their feet?)

ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
edited November 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Smaug is a pretty ordinary Dwarf GWF with one exception, he is deeply involved in crafting and has built up a crafting shop second to none. He is a masterclass level 25 of ALL the professions, He has multiple Epic rank crafters in EVERY profession, he has multiple Epic rank tools in EVERY profession. He has spent years of effort and resources to achieve these things.

He has dedicated the last few years to improving his shop, utilizing it to craft everything from pant/shirt combos for guild members to high end vehicles.

Now he's received a missive from the Stronghold Guild Master's telling him, that yes, he's been a good boy, but he will NOT be allowed to play with the new masterwork recipes because his guild is not of a high enough level.

Ok, this has made Smaug very sad as he has been in his current guild for years and has helped it reach what lowly heights it has been capable of, but maybe its time to part ways. To further this he starts to talk with friends he's made in other guilds looking for a spot in one of the level 12(edit) or better guilds so can continue his single minded pursuit of excellence in the crafting fields.

Well, he found one and after a little discussion, was offered entry. All he had to do was come up with the $5,000,000 AD entrance fee, yes that's right, 5 million AD sounds like a small price, but Smaug knows as does every Neverwinter resident that whenever there is something of such value, he will soon see zone posts in the PE area regarding discounted entry fee's available through offsite web stores and other avenues.

Perhaps I've slipped out of the In Character here for a moment, but please excuse my behavior as it is a direct result of the shock felt when I realized that once again Cryptic is creating another perfect Cash Storm situation and has just reloaded both barrels pointed at their feet!

Please guys, reconsider this and other similar decisions you are making regarding upcoming content. Keep the playing field level and perhaps require "standing" in a Stronghold guild regardless of guild level as the entry fee for Masterwork recipes.

cheers
Ello (alias Smaug)
Post edited by ellodrith on

Comments

• Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    I thought Smaug was a dragon? Have I been lied to all this time? Or is this simply a case of Dwarven embellishing?
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Well.. ya I agree as well.

I dont think this should be linked to guilds. I dont craft..much and only ever did leadership and jewlcrafting and black ice.

I dont have any interest to do it.. I would rather those who did.. have the ability to do it, so if I want something, I can buy it from them.

I dont see the need to gate this.. other then force people into the sh.. which there is already enough incentive, the boons themselves are the biggest incentive.
  • Options
    ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User

I thought Smaug was a dragon? Have I been lied to all this time? Or is this simply a case of Dwarven embellishing?

Nobody said he was bright :smiley:
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    I miss open world rpgs, it's obvious that the engine used for NW is unsuitable for that, it can't handle 40 players in a zone, yet 15 years ego Everquest supported an openworld where more than 1000 people could be in zone.
    Yes each server/shard cost money to maintain, but it made a community. With instances, every one is alone, there is no journey. It's like if in the LOTR books, Frodo noticed the eagles could get him to Mordor, in the first book, and grabbed one went there, skipping the second book, not meeting Gollum and just dropped the ring into the lava, and never met the fellowship. The result's the same, but it's a HAMSTER story,
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    There are guilds out there asking for a 5M (!!) AD fee to join them?
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User

It's those dwarfs again man...those pesky dwarfs !
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    yeah, thier feet are gone, now shooting at wooden feets over and over because they dont fit.