test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trash Container

ellodrithellodrith Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 97 Arc User
Please Oh Please Oh Please - give us an on screen Trash Container and remove "Discard Item" from all menus in the game.

Just lost another stack of resonance enchantments because when I was dropping it in little box upgrading my main hand weapon (this was the last stack needed to hit purple, now I have to wait again :( ) The text popped up and I didn't stop long enough to notice that I must have hit the line or lag made miss the box, or any of a dozen different reasons the text was asking if I wanted to discard, and not drop in the box.

I won't even talk about poor design and development.

Everyone using a computer today has a trash container with some period of automatic permanent deletion.

Just Please implement a trash container like I have on my desktop. Give it an unchangeable 30 day automatic permanent deletion or whatever you need.

Cheers
Ello (still here playing all the way from beta :) )

Comments

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    +1
  • Options
    tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    This would be needlessly complicated and very exploitable.
    How about a more elegant solution? Change the confirmation window so that text input is required when discarding valuable gear like artifact equipment and purple enchantments. You could also turn this function on/off, if you wished.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
  • Options

No MMO I can think of has a trashcan for discarded items and it's nonsense to begin with. We're not 5 year olds. Take responsibility for your own actions and actually read the confirmation dialog. It's there for a reason. There's also a reason you can't just press enter and are forced to actually and willingly click the ok button.

- Few games spam your inventory with that many different refinement particles in so many different colurs, forcing you to discard stuff so often.
    - In many games you just drop the stuff to the ground, where you can collect it again (for a limited time, but you can review what you discarded), effectively offering a buyback-like option.
    - None I so far played put the "discard" option next to the heavily frequented "Improve" option.
    tyrtallow said:

This would be needlessly complicated and very exploitable.
    How about a more elegant solution? Change the confirmation window so that text input is required when discarding valuable gear like artifact equipment and purple enchantments. You could also turn this function on/off, if you wished.

For all stuff? No - gotta discard stuff way too often.
    For gear above a certain quality level (e.g. epic)? Great plan.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    I think the discard and destroy enchantments window should have a different pop up than the normal one, or make it so you need to hold shift+click in the confirmation window.

The destroy enchantment button shouldn't be so near the remove enchantment window. Dragging RP into an item should allow you to drag it anywhere in the item refinement window. It doesn't make sense to discard when you're dragging it into the item refinement window rather than anywhere else.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    I think you should just slow down and make sure you're clicking on what you want to click on. I learned this lesson myself the hard way and from then on I read before I click OK.

I gotta agree with magenubbie, the only one to blame is yourself.
  • Options

Maybe I should have just asked for the trash container(It is in fact the entire HUD area) in use be given an undelete feature with a fixed time limit, say 10 minutes. Some of us aren't perfect and make mistakes, I guess thats why they invented undelete :) .

cheers
    Ello
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    there is post i made, you have similar questions and ideas on other pages about "discard/delete" issue.

now i have better idea, instead of seeing popup message we seen all day too often, made us more careless thinking it was something else.
    so, this concept, for discarding message should be different color, or add a small "crossbones skull" stating that you will perma lose that item if not placed correctly.
    the pop up message need to be unique and easy to spot to avoid costly mistakes.
  • Options
    +1, that would be a great start.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    ...actually, in the context with buyback from merchatns being remembered until you change the map, I don't see the reason why a trashcan should be difficult to implement... ...so I'd prefer that.