test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dragon's Hoard enchantment

seadragonxseadragonx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PvE Discussion
The dragon's hoard enchantment has an internal cooldown of 30 seconds. However, there is also another cooldown. After a certain period of time I can not get any more refinement materials. Therefore, is there actually any use of upgrading the dragon's hoard enchantment and does anyone know the other cooldown?
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,376 Arc User
    What you said is known in the early stage of mod 6. No, there is no point to upgrade this enchantment.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • seadragonxseadragonx Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Alright, I saw some people saying it was not worth to farm anymore. However, I thought the reason was the 30 seconds cooldown.
  • stormboundsoulstormboundsoul Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    when was the last time you got anything besides a peridot?.....even that is now a rare drop. About to take out dragons and put darks back in....wasted ad to make...

when was the last time you got anything besides a peridot?.....even that is now a rare drop. About to take out dragons and put darks back in....wasted ad to make...

I have had the black opal drop twice for me this week, that is not the problem for me at all. It is just that I feel like I hit a wall with getting any refinement material drops.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,376 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Alright, I saw some people saying it was not worth to farm anymore. However, I thought the reason was the 30 seconds cooldown.

30 seconds cooldown is nothing. After you finish a mob and causally move along to the next one would be 30 seconds. e.g. from a stronghold HE to the next.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    THIS WEEK 22 HRS PLAY TIME OVER 7 DAYS 3 PERIDOTS 6 PEARLS THAT WAS IT 3 DH ENCHANTS LEVEL 8 AND 9
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I really wish I hadn't wasted the GMoPs to upgrade them in mod5.
    They're pretty useless now. A Periodot if I'm lucky. Nerfed to death...
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    lol I play my GWF alt 2hrs a day and it has stack of peridots green refinement stones and aquamarines.No opal as of yet.I have 3 Dragon's Hoard enchantment
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Pretty sure you need to get the killing strike in order for them to work - however I haven't had a chance to test this.

If what I said is true though, classes that are support will find less refining stones - this is due to them not getting the killing strike. My two mains are CW and DC - in dungeons I find that my CW is getting stones drop all the time, whilst my DC is once in a million years. In solo content though, I find I get stones on both (as long as there is no one else also attacking the creature).

The 2nd cool down is still unknown, devs never stated - they enforced an overall timer, once you max it out, nothing drops until it resets (I'm going to assume not at daily reset).

Now - Ive had refining points drop for around 8ish hours before they stop. Occasionally I'd swap toons, or would relog as the game has gone wonky - not sure if that helps speed up or reset the master cool down.
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    Let me just say I am a supporter of Cryptic for the most part. I really enjoy this game, possibly not as much as I once did, but hope springs eternal that someone who makes the decisions will realize they need to turn things around and get back to their roots.

This one singular issue with the Dragon Hoards has, in my opinion, done the most damage to the developer's credibility. Huge amounts of money, whether it be game generated, or RL cash were poured into dragon hoards by players in the hopes of lessening the crushing grind that artifact equipment brought with it. I truly beleive whomever made that decision should have been canned for what created a massive loss of trust and resentment. Everything about it just stunk and still does. Many people speculated that it was to push the zen shop RP. I might have bought some of that RP at one time, but now never just on principle alone.

The RP is also BoA, so the excuse that it was to curb botters was ridiculous. If they were concerned that it was being used to refine unbound enchants, then they should have made enchants that used BoA RP bound upon refinement, not screw over the entire legitimate player base.

This topic pops up every so often. I don't think many players will ever truly forgive Cryptic for this move, the ninja nerf to begin with followed by a shallow "we'll look into it" still leaves a bitter taste. It won't go away and people don't forget things like that. If they wanted to make it right and undo the damage, they would dump the secondary cooldown and apologize for what was basically just a sleezy way of doing business.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

With 5 lesser DH enchants I've got 4 stacks of peridots, a stack of lesser resonance stones, a stack of minor resonance stones, 6 black opals and half a stack of aquamarines from the last two months. Better to look at it as a long term thing. Drop rate might not be the best but that's still ~1.3 million AD worth of RP.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    cambo1682 said:

The RP is also BoA, so the excuse that it was to curb botters was ridiculous. If they were concerned that it was being used to refine unbound enchants, then they should have made enchants that used BoA RP bound upon refinement, not screw over the entire legitimate player base.

All botters arent using bots to sell stuff.Some actually use Macros to farm refinement and others gear one toon with those botted refinement but they sell those accounts to the players who dont want to farm or spend time to gear up a character

• jody095jody095 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    Mod 6 on xbox I played for 14 hrs straight yesterday. I have 10% to drop refinements from my DHE's. I got about 10 peridots. Before mod 6 I can get than that in 15 min. This is such a waste.
    jody095 said:

Mod 6 on xbox I played for 14 hrs straight yesterday. I have 10% to drop refinements from my DHE's. I got about 10 peridots. Before mod 6 I can get than that in 15 min. This is such a waste.

Hmm, I wonder then how they will adress this in the future.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited September 2015

I get sapphires, Opals... a few, Those light blue teardrop looken things... plus lots of the swirly looken things

Yes the most common is a peridot, but the only Uncommon thing is the opal.

My bank is upgraded to the max and packed with stacks of various gems... but only 16 (stones not stacks) of opals

Urlord

• karlodunkarlodun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    Were the Feyblessing enchants nerfed in similar way? 'Cause I don't get many enchants from them neither....

Somehow I feel forced to go and buy stuff from bots, because there seems no legit way to grind myself and have fun at same time, and in-game prices are impossibly high.... maybe game devs work with bots together? There are such marketing practices... you offer same stuff via two different shops, you spend lots of ressources for marketing on main shop and setup very high prices there... Then you spend nothing for marketing expenses on secondary shops, but offer same stuff there for half the price, and ppl go there and buy there, because they think to make good business.... (even though they don't). And to make the sales in secondary shops even better, you screw up the service in main, and offer good service in second.... sounds pretty much like cryptic.....
    In any case, since my "gaming" expenses per month are limited and there are games, where I see much better output for my money, i am not going to spend any real cash for this game soon... not via cryptic or the bots....
    If I do an investment, I want to see profit from it, however the devs devaluate everything... I experience an investment decrease over 50%.... so why invest at all?