test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Oathbound Paladin armour skins

bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
I am not sure if this has already been said somewhere else, so apologies for any repetition.

While the OP can be a tank, similar to a GF, why should this mean that the OP armour sets look identical to the GF?
The OP can also heal, similar to a DC, yet the OP armour is not at all like the DC.
Some unique armour skins would be most welcome, to set the OP apart from the GF, please.

Just my 2c.

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I think most GFs would be happy to separate from OPs as well.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Agreed.
    <----another unhappy OP.
    (and be quiet isaac about my OP looking ugly regardless)
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    Sharps OP looks rediculous.

Anywho, I'd love to see a little more differentation in the OP/GF department. A lot of Paladins, myself including, could just as well be a Guardian Fighter, when judging by looks. Something I'd really like to see is a difference between the 'Ward' and 'Restoration' armors, with Ward looking more tanky - for the frontline fighter - while Restoration would be closer to the old Cleric skins. I really miss seeing High Prophet and the like around. I loved that design.

Character customization is a good thing in itself, and it would also allow for people to more visually distinguish themselves from the other Paladin path. Our Oath of Protection friends could go full-on armor, while my Devotion brethren would be more 'Battle Cleric'-y. Visually, Isaac doesn't look any different from a tanky OP.

But, let's be realistic here. I doubt the art department has the time or resources to make something like this happen. I was actually surprised they made maces and shields, while they knew a lot of people wanted swords for their Paladin. I've not bothered porting over my Guardian Fighter to Preview, but I'm betting the Drow stuff looks identical for the Guardian Fighter and the Oathbound.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    jaegernl said:

Sharps OP looks rediculous.

Anywho, I'd love to see a little more differentation in the OP/GF department. A lot of Paladins, myself including, could just as well be a Guardian Fighter, when judging by looks. Something I'd really like to see is a difference between the 'Ward' and 'Restoration' armors, with Ward looking more tanky - for the frontline fighter - while Restoration would be closer to the old Cleric skins. I really miss seeing High Prophet and the like around. I loved that design.

Character customization is a good thing in itself, and it would also allow for people to more visually distinguish themselves from the other Paladin path. Our Oath of Protection friends could go full-on armor, while my Devotion brethren would be more 'Battle Cleric'-y. Visually, Isaac doesn't look any different from a tanky OP.

But, let's be realistic here. I doubt the art department has the time or resources to make something like this happen. I was actually surprised they made maces and shields, while they knew a lot of people wanted swords for their Paladin. I've not bothered porting over my Guardian Fighter to Preview, but I'm betting the Drow stuff looks identical for the Guardian Fighter and the Oathbound.

Its not ugly isaac, its "budget" ;p
  • Options
    bhurabbhurab Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    And whats up with the 50k AD to change an appearance?
    Why the reluctance for allowing players to customise their look, and make it so expensive?
    For whatever reason, this particular option seems to have been forgotten about after the AD nerf, or the Tradebar update. A little discount on this, please Devs?
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    There are a few DC skins for OP armor too, well the Protector's Speech armor transmutes are DC. But, yes it does need its own skins.