test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

As a GF, thank you ARC for the fixes in Module 7 to damage resistances.

thesigilbearerthesigilbearer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Module 6 was a nightmare for GF tanks because of the glitched damage resistances in epic dungeons and skirmishes. The situation didn't make the class viable as a tank at all. Now with the patch to the damage resistance glitch in Module 7, its beautiful to tank as a GF now. Been doing test runs since the patch all day today and hardly dying at all and if I did die , it was my fault due to timing or placement on field.

Just wanted to thanks the developers for fixing damage resistances in module 7 because now i feel like a true GF tank on par with any OP and feel like viable class now.

Comments

• boatmanfall3nboatmanfall3n Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I'm sure everyone was tired of the random 1 shots lol. My heart goes put to our PC brethren who had it much worse and much longer than we did.

Hopefully you enjoy not being ridiculed for dying frequently now by randoms who have no idea how terrible the game is designed.
  • bart#9509 bart Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    They should be thanking us for putting up with this. They had this game breaking fix before mod 6 even dropped. So instead of putting out a quality product, they choose not to implement it. Instead took other elements from mod 7 and implemented them early. It just shows what to expect .
  • meliboo#4082 meliboo Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    GF is still useless if you are running the dub bub n haste combo. But other than that it is good to see the GF be a viable PvE class again. Granted, imo, I would rather have a pally, but I just like having a pally.
  • vapezuluvapezulu Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Agreed this update has been much better for the GF, even though we adapted to the bug from the previous build eventually it's nice not to be made of glass anymore.
    Although basic setup OPs still jump all over us
  • thesigilbearerthesigilbearer Member Posts: 8 Arc User

GF is still useless if you are running the dub bub n haste combo. But other than that it is good to see the GF be a viable PvE class again. Granted, imo, I would rather have a pally, but I just like having a pally.

I find if your still using the Double Divine Protection for 2 Paladins ( sorry I'm a grown man, not saying "pally" sounds very feminine) and a Haste build DC exploit in Mod 7, your unskilled. I've noticed during my test runs ALOT of randoms just stood in AOE's and had no awareness of there placement on the field and would die and become "useless" in boss battles. I had to tell them not to stand in aoe's, or behind me so i can face the incoming aoe away from the party and Knight's Valor will help but not if your a glass cannon.

Each to his/her 's own but when the Divine Protection exploit is nerfed in some way, what will these people do then? Maybe learn to play the way game intended which is why the give us the red aoe warning? And why as a DPS would you want a tank to out damage a role who job is doing damage? Whats the point in having other classes if all you need is 3 for a dungeon ( 2 OPs and a Haste DC)?

My point is now there is a choice to play how you want not how your expected because of a glitch. Thank you devs again for allowing variety and testing the skilled players who can adapt in a team.
  • mercbenz360mercbenz360 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Yeah it's way better, but they've lost a lot of people that got fed up with being one shot that if this balance was always their intention I just don't understand why they let it be the way it was in the first place...
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Double pally is a crutch. Learn to play
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User

Double pally is a crutch. Learn to play

YUP
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    I loved being one shot what's wrong with that? Game is too easy again.....I miss nightmare mode.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    I tanked good through mod 6, never liked double bubbles cus thier slow and 2 slots for ppl to tag along.

PuGing T2s with tank now that dmg bug has been lifted, GFs are the great game changers if ur playing right, even last mod.

Thanks Crpytic!
  • meliboo#4082 meliboo Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    @raymond00713 I know how to play, but if something makes runs quicker and easier than dam right I will go ahead and do it. If you don't want to run dub bub and want your runs to be longer and harder than so be it, have fun.

@thesigilbearer Unskilled? Why because we use something that makes things easier? That does not for one second indicate that the people doing that are unskilled, or don't know how to play. And a GF could play in MOD6, you just had to be "skilled". You could not expect to be undergeared and "unskilled" going into a T2 and expecting not to get one shot. Lastly, I am a woman so me saying pally is 100% fine (not that it is feminine saying it in the first place).
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I find it hilarious when people talk about skill in a game that has as few buttons as an xbox controller. There's no more skill in pressing X and Y than there is in hitting left button + X or Y.

NW has extremely limited build options, almost no room for experimentation, one armor/weapon set worth having. All you have is group mix and people go for 'optimal' and by that I mean whichever works fastest with the least deaths.

Yes with a GF the team can't stand in the red - but with an OP it's encouraged for dmg reflection - this is not a big deal and certainly not a reason for putting people down.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • xb1djionics#4442 xb1djionics Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    lol at people talking about this or that combo. I am a GF 2.6+ and now a protection paladin 1.9+ and I have done T2's with many groups with, without other paladins and GF's and even without a cleric for some parts of dungeons.

But people who know there class/build can also adapt to the team they are in. IE knowledge is power. So if you have a GF/paladin (bubble)/haste cleric in the team you would change setup if you didnt have one or 2 of these classes in your team.

I also believe there is such a big gap between item level that you sometimes have to look at there actual stats not the item level anymore. Example a player with 4x purple artifacts lvl 60 has the same item score from them 4 items as another player with say 4 purple artifacts at lvl 99. And boons dont give you any added item level.

Either way the team you run in PUG can eiter work or not work no matter the item level, just try and either leave if you think it wont work or try then decide, can actually be fun.
  • kitaarkitaar Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    Buttons or not... OP's have just become a crutch.. promoting sloppy gameplay and taking strategy out of the picture even for tier 2 dungeons. How many times a day do you see someone looking for bubble paladin for a dungeon? These threads just deteriorate into Paladins saying they aren't unbalanced, or someone who groups with one daily jumping in and defending the class.. reminds me of the of the old mod 5 TR pvp threads.
    Xbox GT Shredboy
    Neverwinter Toons:
    Archael 70 HR
    Stajans 70 GF
    Member of Timed Out
    Guardian Fighter for life!
  • vapezuluvapezulu Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    This... ^^^^^
    Really do love my Guardian Fighter, and regardless of the obviously broken/over powered paladins I'm going to keep pushing on with it to make the best tank possible.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I think GF's are very effective in both pve and pvp (good ones anyway) but I do notice its mostly GF's that are complaining about OP's. Understandable I guess as they have stolen some of their thunder.

What OP's don't have is the damage ability (anvil) that GF's have - I'd much prefer my DC or CW face an OP in PVP than a GF.

Seems the only skill people are complaining about though is Divine Protector (bubble) - which tbh when they came out I was surprised they had - but imagine the uproar if that didn't exist prior to the recent difficulty adjustment in dungeons.

Even then it only works continuously with a haste cleric present.

I think the positioning of OP's could've been thought out better in terms of class relevance. On one path they overlap GF's too much and on the other they do the same with DC's. Personally I would've preferred the choice of debuffer/passive heals and smiting tank - but without a skill that completely negates all damage across the whole party. But we got what we got.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • thesigilbearerthesigilbearer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    kitaar said:

Buttons or not... OP's have just become a crutch.. promoting sloppy gameplay and taking strategy out of the picture even for tier 2 dungeons. How many times a day do you see someone looking for bubble paladin for a dungeon? These threads just deteriorate into Paladins saying they aren't unbalanced, or someone who groups with one daily jumping in and defending the class.. reminds me of the of the old mod 5 TR pvp threads.

I agree completely.
    armadeonx said:

I think GF's are very effective in both pve and pvp (good ones anyway) but I do notice its mostly GF's that are complaining about OP's. Understandable I guess as they have stolen some of their thunder.

What OP's don't have is the damage ability (anvil) that GF's have - I'd much prefer my DC or CW face an OP in PVP than a GF.

Seems the only skill people are complaining about though is Divine Protector (bubble) - which tbh when they came out I was surprised they had - but imagine the uproar if that didn't exist prior to the recent difficulty adjustment in dungeons.

Even then it only works continuously with a haste cleric present.

I think the positioning of OP's could've been thought out better in terms of class relevance. On one path they overlap GF's too much and on the other they do the same with DC's. Personally I would've preferred the choice of debuffer/passive heals and smiting tank - but without a skill that completely negates all damage across the whole party. But we got what we got.

Thank you for the comparison to GF and OP. I was not originally complaining about OP or any class for that matter. The point of the thread to was thank Perfect World for mod 7 balances and fixes as a GF and making it a viable tank class on comparison to OP tanking.

Now even better balance to the game would be balancing GWF as a tank class and providing even more variety. I've never seen a GWF tank class in the 3 months of playing. I think long term success of this game would be crucial to balancing all classes as a support and dps, even DC.
  • cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User

Technically not true - if you run Knight's Valor with a Double Bubble, just stand there and take the hits. It'll seriously, massively up the amount of damage that the OPs reflect from their bubbles :D
  • singenesis#5299 singenesis Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Add gaurded assault/Supremacy of steel/shield talent, and a briartwine and forget the reflect off their bubble.

GF may actually be the best class to add to the dubbub/haste combo. Esp a tactician GF.

Technically not true - if you run Knight's Valor with a Double Bubble, just stand there and take the hits. It'll seriously, massively up the amount of damage that the OPs reflect from their bubbles :D
    I agree with cactus, but I don't even need the second bubble or haste healer. using ITF then enforced threat to begin each encounter and combat advantage with KV and Guarded and Combat Superiority and all threat on you causes copious amounts of damage. I had 400 million damage in eToS with one Pally and one wipe at final boss. Granted we have no healing so I switched to steel defense and FR for final boss but it was so easy. There are ways to run without double pally and still keep a challenge to the game. I find that both the OP and I get absolutely NUKED simultaneously and everything just disappears. Different situations you may see the damage tics slow down or flow like a fountain granted you are either directly next to the pally or in Combat advantage just keep moving and building threat and popping ITF.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS

Guardian Fighter for life!

WORD!