test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Small Guild Assistance

mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
I have been thinking of a possible solution to Stronghold for small guilds. My suggestions is that the guild declare themselves as a small guild and thus take heavy penalties on member numbers but gain on other fields. Since real small guilds will not have that many members anyway this should not be a problem. The ‘cooldowm ’ period between changing type of guild should be substantial to prevent guilds abusing this.

Numbers should be scaled to a third of regular guild

Because of the limited numbers this guild should then require less items and also have the HE’s and Dragonflight scaled to a percentage.

Restrictions
• Max accounts : 50
• Max Characters :170
• Time to change between Small and regular:5 day(similar to stronghold upgrade time)
• Delay before can change again: 150 days

Gains
• % reduction of donation requirements
• % scale of Fights in stronghold including dragon flight

Since the members is scaled by a third the gains should also be scaled by a third.
There are more than BIS players in this game
RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

Comments

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Penalties are not harsh enough.. whats stopping a guild from accumulating needed materials, passing it to officers, making themselves small guilds, donating , then 5 days later, becoming large again?

They could whiz through massive amounts of donation total.

And yes.. in my mind this would happen.

The delay from each change.. even the first would have to be 90+ days or something.. a 5 day first time charge would be too convenient.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    It is simple to fix, just make everything progressive in determination of what member level your guild is at. Same way in other games where xp is progressive by what level your character is. Yes, there would be problems still, where you could get your marketplace to the level to get the armors, then move members in and out to get their armors, then increase the guild numbers.

But in truth, it would not affect the boon structures as they would still be the same no matter what. All levels to get a structure to level 1 should be the same, but after that it should vary by the size of the guild. So if a guild has 25 members and it takes 8000 total items to get to level 2, and the guild does it. But afterwards they add more members, up to 50 members, the structure would revert to level 1 until they got to the numbers of total items needed for 50 members.
  • beck54beck54 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    How is this even a problem? Get a bunch of small guilds together. Make one consortium and build up a SH. You can still chat in your TS or whatever you use.

There is no need to adjust anything from a developer standpoint. How about you small guild people get together for once and work together at something other than complaining about having to play with others:

150 people in a guild builds things up quick. Work smarter not harder.
    It is a problem when you do have family guilds out there, that are made up of kids that their parents do not want them to play with other people. Are those types not able to advance because of poor choices by the developer? Not to mention all the solo players out there.
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Penalties are not harsh enough.. whats stopping a guild from accumulating needed materials, passing it to officers, making themselves small guilds, donating , then 5 days later, becoming large again?

They could whiz through massive amounts of donation total.

And yes.. in my mind this would happen.

The delay from each change.. even the first would have to be 90+ days or something.. a 5 day first time charge would be too convenient.

Quick change can be prevented

What i meant was, it takes 5 days to change from 1 mode to the other and then you are not allowed to change to the other mode (small -> normal) for 150 days and another 5 days convert penalty ... so it will take 160 days for a a guild to change from large(start with) to small and back to large.

This can be longer it will prevent the situation you mention waiting 5 months to change between small and large guild will be a deterant to just upgrading.

There can also be a first change period is 5 days and after that the delay can be 2+ weeks. I have no problem with extreme time to change from small to large.

As to the question of why ...

There are many guilds of just a few real life friends and family that with the current system will never be able to compete with other guild and the way it looks to me in the long run this will reduce the overall player base again. These players will see players with guild gear and realize they wil NEVER be able to buy that gear and just leave the game.

We have had mass reduction of player base in the past year anyone playing the game will have noticed this. We cannot afford any more reductions. New players are also repeatedly(after every level) being forced(everytime they click U) to make a guild .... even if they are already in a guild. When these players struggle to get 5 players together and form a guild and weeks later discover they wasted weeks it can be hurtful to the game.

There are also players that plays with large time periods between sessions due to personal life commitments. These players will be kicked out of guild after guild. Say a player can only play during school holidays. That means that player will have a real hard time finding a guild that will accept them as they will mean nothing to the guild for 8+ months in the year. these players can however enjoy the game at their leasure ... spending money and making friends something the current guild stronghold system is completely aposed to. I have no proble joining a large guild as i have 7 chars of which 4 is lvl70 and fully equiped. I do dungeon runs regularly and contribute often (150k ad the past week). I just like being in a small guild and should not be punished for that.

Even if you have to pay say 5000 Zen for a guild size change token PLUS the above mentioned penalty I will be more than happy with that.

I would also recommend a prevention of guild hopping system with a player only allowed in 2 guild every 6 months. This will help with players 'buying' into a guild just to get gear. the player will be in a guild to start then the second guild will be the big guild and the player will then not be allowed to change to his/her original guild for 6 months.

Post edited by mynaam on
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• fexchipfexchip Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Being in a small guild, I have accepted that I will never have the stronghold gear.
    Miss running dungeons...
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    This is a good idea - I'd suggest more tiers though. accounts: 10/25/50/100/150. Implement an SH project with progressively high requirements to upgrade the account limit. Each tier makes the requirements progressively higher proportional to the max-size of the guild. Proportionally, the 10-person guild will STILL be harder to hit the requirements because it should be harder for 10 people to build out a castle than 150 people, but it will be more obtainable nevertheless.

Make each upgrade take increasing longer days to run: 10-25: 5d, 25-50:8d, 10d, 15d. You cannot downgrade.

This way, guilds have a choice. You can pick which tier your guild starts at when you generate the guild and every existing guild would be able to select a tier.

Once requirement could easily be a zen-store token for each upgrade, or a tradebar token (or actual tradebars).

The 150-account tier would be the requirements as they are right now, so larger guilds that choose the 150 tier wouldn't see any change.

This would open to door to monetizing larger guilds - add a 200 account limit for example and require 5 5000zen token or whatever.
  • hoofithoofit Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The only thing I see as an alternative is to get all the small guilds together form a new guild where we all add to it and then we can use this to get our gear once we have our gear we can go back to our small guilds. Its simple and i think would be of great help to us we then only need to update our guilds at our own pace simple like rain
    I don't think cryptic will like my idea and probably make it none viable in an update
    Honestly I think the best thing to help out small guilds would be for them to eliminate the different types of shards, and make it just two different ones. Just make it all a adventuring shard (takes place of the 3 shards of power) and campaign shard (takes place of the different campaign currencies). This would streamline everything for everyone, and allow people to play only what content they want, and not force them to play other content to advance their guilds.