test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SOS any good?

jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
I don't currently have points in supremacy of steel, and everything I find about it is a year old. So figured I'd ask if its useful for tanking in pve or if I'm better off sticking with villains menace and fighters recovery on my SM tactician GF. I usually run steel defense, the damage guard, kv, itf, and iron warrior for dungeons.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    ahrukinahrukin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 31 Arc User
    its never going to be as good as fighters recov or villains menace. its a very under whelming skill. on the plus side it does have a pretty cool animation , it throws a sword into the heart of the enemy and the size of the sword scales with the enemy, if you use it against a large boss it looks pretty cool!
  • Options
    ryoshinetteryoshinette Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 488 Arc User
    SOS blocks AP gain - that sux. Dev's couldn't fix this skill half year ago, so they just made it useless.
    Ok, once per week I see some GF with that, but imho the only reason to use it is to make lag fest in SH pvp.
    Really, when you'll see enemy OPs blocking node, turn on KV and SOS - they will kill themselvs. Tested.

reagrds
    Ryoshin GF (4.2k)
    .Suicide Squad.

• Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    the AP block isn't bad, it was a good balance.

However they capped the damage to crappy levels, cant think of a place where it would do much. even if you use the divine protector bug, its still better to use villians menance (for +% damage)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    jobsalotofworkjobsalotofwork Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 189 Arc User
    Does it still double tick steel defense? What about casting time? I occasionally screw up timing villains menace because its a long cast, and end up taking a big unexpected hit before I go invulnerable so casting time would matter to me. Granted CC immunity is usually why I want villains menace.

Thank you for the informative replies.
  • Options
    primaxal1primaxal1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    the double ticking also works with flail snail, if you have it you can almost permanently cast SoS. not that its very usefull unless you want to create some lagg