test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

change to account bound and....

certain items, because of their rarity and respective aspect, should be bound to account instead of bound to character. Everything from vault of piety should be account bound instead of character bound.

Also, there should be a way to un-bind items.

Comments

• Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    Not sure what you are talking about. Most items in the Vault of Piety are not bound at all. The ones that are, are already bound to account (coffers). Making the other Vault of Piety items account bound would not be good. I'll take unbound any day.

The currencies/seals are a different animal and need to be bound since they cannot be traded or switched between characters in any of the other ways to earn them. So, it should be the same if they come from the Vault or from a dungeon.
  • Options
    Anything equipped is bound to character, no matter where you get it. I can't think of anything in the Vault that behaves differently from iitems acquired other ways.

You still did not give a example of an item in the vault. That might help me understand.

I wasn't talking about items bought with seals, I was talking about getting seals from the Vault. The are a currency and need to be bound to the character as all currencies are.
  • Options
    Here is your explanation: He uses his prayer coins to buy items from the vault of Piety, but a lot of those items are bound to character. Op wants items to be bound to account instead of character, that way he can move them between his various characters, instead of the items being stuck on one single character. Items bound to account give players more flexability while still keeping the items out of the Auction House and preventing the market from being affected.
  • Options

Here is your explanation: He uses his prayer coins to buy items from the vault of Piety, but a lot of those items are bound to character. Op wants items to be bound to account instead of character, that way he can move them between his various characters, instead of the items being stuck on one single character. Items bound to account give players more flexability while still keeping the items out of the Auction House and preventing the market from being affected.

"but a lot of those items are bound to character"

Name one item in the Vault other than the Seals that is bound to character. He didn't and you will not be able too, because there are none. That has been my point, it hasn't changed.

Here is a list of everything in the Vault.

There are: Tab 1 5 items
    Elixir of Fate-Not bound
    Blessed professions-Not bound
    3 coffers- Bound to account

Next tab: 20 items
    3Types of seals- Bound to character (Currency items are always this way)
    5 various Elixirs- Not bound
    Celestial Grace Dye- Not bound
    White Horse- Not bound but binds on equip
    8 Weapons- Not bound but binds on equip
    Snowswift Horse- Not bound binds on equip
    Angel of protection- Not bound binds on equip

So as i said, I don't understand the point of the thread or the issue. I would love for someone to clarify or show me my mistake.

• Options
    ajax0101ajax0101 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I believe vault items in this discussion are a bit of a rabbit hole. An example of a bound to account instead of character item that would be useful would be artifacts and artifact equitment like neck and waist. This would help bring down the costs of workig up alts and encourage people to try out other classes.
  • Options
    ajax0101 said:

I believe vault items in this discussion are a bit of a rabbit hole. An example of a bound to account instead of character item that would be useful would be artifacts and artifact equitment like neck and waist. This would help bring down the costs of workig up alts and encourage people to try out other classes.

I agree 100% with that. I believe everything (drops and chest loot) except character specific rewards (Quest/leveling rewards and the like) should be unbound or bound to account. Won't happen, but I believe it should.

The OP specifically mentions the Vault of Piety and that made no sense to me. I thought maybe they were just having trouble moving items from one character to another and thought they were character bound (cannot use mail, must use shared bank stash) and was hoping an example would clarify.

• Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Maybe he meant Vault of Nine?
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options

Maybe he meant Vault of Nine?

Possibly, but that would not make sense either. Vault of Nine rewards are account wide unlocks (sigils), so every character can claim one anyway.
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    zephyriah said:

Possibly, but that would not make sense either. Vault of Nine rewards are account wide unlocks (sigils), so every character can claim one anyway.

Yes, but you have to level them up separately for each character.

Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    beastpro#5299 beastpro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Wish my Companion upgrade tokens could be moved to another toon. I know this has been in a separate thread before, but I really really wish I could move them lol. 60 on one toon and 30 on each of my other two toons -____-
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

Wish my Companion upgrade tokens could be moved to another toon. I know this has been in a separate thread before, but I really really wish I could move them lol. 60 on one toon and 30 on each of my other two toons -____-

^^^^^ This
  • Options
    iyodahiyodah Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    I wish I had ANY companion upgrade tokens. Unless I'm incorrect in thinking I could have gained any from opening the hundreds of companion kits I've gotten from lock boxes.
  • Options
    beastpro#5299 beastpro Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    Opened another companion box on my freshly made 4th toon last night....another 30 tokens GAH! Now I have 60 on one, and 30 on 3 others lol. PLEASE allow these to be ACCOUNT bound
  • Options
    manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I have 2 Pig companions bound to the same character, even when i've never even used 1 of them. IMO they should change everything that Binds on Pickup to Account binding, i mean, you won't be selling it anyway and the Elemental Alliance, Raid, and so on armors already work like this.