test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds xbox party/guild/dragon greed

So having looked into the strongholds patch notes for pc I couldn't help but notice that the main pve content of strongholds is designed for guilds of 40. 4 dragons each (so recommended 10 guild members on each dragon)

It will be very interesting to see how this is integrated into xbox. I am yet to see many guilds that have actually 20 ACTIVE members not including alts that are all active at the same time. Let alone 40. Add in the fact that the xbox party chat only allows 10 people in at a time, and the in game chat is difficult to type without keyboards. I can't see many guilds being able to run the content effectively in its current pc state. Since it requires teamwork to split up the 40 members so there is a balance on each dragon how is the guild supposed to coordinate when you can only fit 10 people into one xbox party?

Comments

• Options
    deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    And that's if they have 40. The patch notes say that smaller guilds are still able to participate in the dragon greed event since you get rewards based on how many dragons you kill (greater than 1!!) So that's a minimum of 20 guild members you need to be able to run this event efficiently (and that's if you can manage to split up the party chat into 2 separate partys)
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    You can down 4 dragon with 25 people if you are correctly stuffed and well coordonated.

So i suggest you trying to kill 2 dragons and train on each dragon before trying a 4 dragons run. It's all about training.
  • Options
    kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    So are we stuck with 10person chat parties? Is this a permant Xbox limitation?
    Also, m$ is releasing a chat pad to snap into the controller next week. Looks kinda like a blackberry(rip) keyboard. Not sure how much that will help, but I'll probably pick one up.
  • Options
    deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    10 person chat is the current max, and there has been no indication that it would change anytime soon. Especially considering it was the same on X360. If you feel that you need to be talking to 19 other people, or 39 other people at once, maybe invest in team speak. OR maybe just have different parties and dictate a "leader" of each party who will indicate to others what to do/where to go.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    On PC every guild use another system ( TS, Raidcall, mumble). Nobody use ingame voice chat...
  • Options
    kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Wow, team speak is still around? That was the go to, back in the EQ days, with 72 man raids.
  • Options
    meliboo#4082 meliboo Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Yes, I use teamspeak when playing Minecraft with friends. The in game speak is really bad in Minecraft haha
  • Options
    amafia313amafia313 Member Posts: 270 Arc User
    I could've sworn xbox party chat has a maximum of 8 ppl
  • Options
    deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
  • Options
    bkt5789bkt5789 Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Xbox one party chat is incredibly unstable when you have more than 6 people in a party.
  • Options
    My point is that the content is forcing smaller guilds into recruiting. My guild has 15 active members at different times. Enough to run 2 groups but have everyone in the same party chat. Suddenly every guild is expected to have 40 members? The 20 v 20 pvp if you don't have 20 members it auto fills the remaining slots. Why not allow this with the dragon greed event?
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Because we don't want to be forced to play with you..
  • Options
    drexcidrexci Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    The guild i'm in has maybe between 1-3 people on during the day and around 3-7 on during the night time. There is no way we're getting this content done at all. i'm not too fussed thought battlefront and fallout out soon, going to jump on them and then see what underdark does differently.
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    amafia313 said:

I could've sworn xbox party chat has a maximum of 8 ppl

Now 12 ppl coin join an Xbox party
  • Options
    You can have 12 people max in a party so in theory 40 players means 4 separate chats.

I think the issue is that the xbox community is different to the pc community. It should be treated different. Pc you can have 40+ members in one chat in team speak. You can then split the chat up into different groups and can organise the guild easier. Xbox you have 12 max in a chat. Rarely do people use the in guild chat typing because its a nightmare to use in/out of combat as we found during tiamat. So it's going to be so much harder organising the guilds for this event when you can't communicate with the whole guild at once.

Pc is typically what I would call megaguilds. It's well made for this sort of mass group raid. But xbox the community base is different and typically guilds are founded based on friends and some small recruiting. The 12 max reflects this.

It's time that the xbox one and pc versions were treated differently to reflect the difference in community
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Sounds like it's time for guilds to take the issue of time zones more seriously. People from the same time zone usually play at roughly the same time but at the moment this isn't much of an issue as long as you have enough for a dungeon or pvp match.

Trying to get to a situation where 40+ are on at the same time, guilds will have to recruit regionally. The ones focusing on certain languages already do it (e.g. French).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    criss818criss818 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Use Skype instead of party chat.
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Sounds like it's time for guilds to take the issue of time zones more seriously. People from the same time zone usually play at roughly the same time but at the moment this isn't much of an issue as long as you have enough for a dungeon or pvp match.

Trying to get to a situation where 40+ are on at the same time, guilds will have to recruit regionally. The ones focusing on certain languages already do it (e.g. French).

Never happen, the history of Live and its global reach means most players have international friends spread across several time zones, there is no way folk would prioritise playing only with guys in their timezone, maybe the mega guilds might but most hook up because they have been friends for years in many cases.
    As another poster stated its time Arc realised this community is very different from the PC one.