test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Arcane Singularity

pairo94pairo94 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Well , everyone knows that now Arcane Singularity is useless due to the massive CC resist the mobs have.
Devs please let it be useful again , is pretty ridicolous at the moment , it can be useful again if you change 2 simple things:

Re-raise the target cap at least to 10-15 (optional but very very needed)

The mobs that are not CC immune (obviusly) WILL BE sucked into Singularity independently from CC resist

Thanks in advance :disappointed:

Comments

• deceondarkbladedeceondarkblade Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I think nerfing Sing was their way of fixing all the Sing artifacts you used to see just wandering around the different zones. To get rid of them? Make it some people won't use it anymore. In that vein, they'll never make it useful again because they have no fracking idea how to fix that bug ;-)
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    Still useful if someone uses oppressive force, lol. Just kidding. I wish they could make the action time shorter, a bit more targets is also welcome.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    opressive force can do the same job if monsters are near to each other.OF many times not only help me gather the mobs are dazed enough time to cast all the control rotation conduit-terrain steal time.
  • pairo94pairo94 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Yeah of course Oppressive Force has it's utility , but now a CW doesn't have a Daily or a skill that can group toghether a pack of mobs like the HR can do , this is frustrating >.<
  • beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    pairo94 said:

Yeah of course Oppressive Force has it's utility , but now a CW doesn't have a Daily or a skill that can group toghether a pack of mobs like the HR can do , this is frustrating >.<</p>

FI FYI

pairo94 said:

Yeah of course Oppressive Force has it's utility , but now a CW doesn't have a Daily or a skill that can group toghether a pack of mobs like the HR can do , this is frustrating >.<</p>

FI FYI
    (forgot FI lol)...Yes Furious Immolation is good for group a pack of mobs but is only for MoFs , not a global daily , Singularity needs to return the good group daily it was , or at least it has to work like Furious Immolation IMO
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I'd like to see Sing buffed a bit, maybe not to the point it seems it was, but it'd be nice to have it as an option.
    edited November 2015
    Singularity simply MUST group mobs even if they have control resistance , like Cordon of Arrows does , every time you use Sing mobs stay almost in the same place without fall into it , it's pointless!
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I'm against re-buff Arcane Singularity, but agree buff Furious Immolation / Maelstrom of Chaos.

Reason:
    Low level power must be used by low level characters. The great error of SW is just this (high level characters using low level powers).

Furious Immolation: rise control cap, give control bonus INT and/or more % plus control stat (to balance with CC immunity of mobs), rise damage (bonus plus no chill stacks or Rimefire in foe)

Maelstrom of Chaos: rise range and area (bonus plus Far Spell feat), rise stun time (bonus plus Arcane Mastery), give bonus damage at Arcane Mastery

It balance use of AoE powers in CW, and can't be exploid in pvp.
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I disagree with you, @flambridge. A great design is exactly that. Allowing every power in the game to be end-game viable. What's wrong with low level powers not being completely forgotten? Doesn't this increase diversity? Buffing Maelstrom is good, Furious Immolation is in a good place, you just need control strength to make it viable.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2015

I'm against re-buff Arcane Singularity, but agree buff Furious Immolation / Maelstrom of Chaos.

Reason:
    Low level power must be used by low level characters. The great error of SW is just this (high level characters using low level powers).

Furious Immolation: rise control cap, give control bonus INT and/or more % plus control stat (to balance with CC immunity of mobs), rise damage (bonus plus no chill stacks or Rimefire in foe)

Maelstrom of Chaos: rise range and area (bonus plus Far Spell feat), rise stun time (bonus plus Arcane Mastery), give bonus damage at Arcane Mastery

It balance use of AoE powers in CW, and can't be exploid in pvp.

Maelstrom can stay terrible unless they make it center on a targeted mob.

Not sure why the unlock level should have anything to do with how good a power is. We would all be better of if more rotations were viable. Replacing imprisonment with a real power would help too.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User

What's wrong with low level powers not being completely forgotten? Doesn't this increase diversity?

Wrong because it "break character evolution".
    If low level power is more useful than high level power, be nosense get another powers.
    (It is the true of SW, Dreadtheft >>>>>>>> any another SW powers or feats.)

Im not sayng "make all low level powers useless", but high level powers need be more strongest than low level powers.
    urabask said:

Maelstrom can stay terrible unless they make it center on a targeted mob.

Not sure why the unlock level should have anything to do with how good a power is. We would all be better of if more rotations were viable. Replacing imprisonment with a real power would help too.

I agree, for it noone use this power.
    Ice Knife or Oppressive Force is much beater than, no reason to get Maelstrom of Chaos.
    And Imprisonment looks like "level 5 power" (high cooldown, high use time, useless in most situations). Its an really "level 70 power"? No way.
  • romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User

Im not sayng "make all low level powers useless", but high level powers need be more strongest than low level powers.

But why does it have to be like that? Is it because you are used to that system from other games? Because I don't see how it breaks character progression.