test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Individual loot level

therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
Hi,
not sure if this is the right forum for my request, but if not, maybe a mod can be so nice and move it to the right place, thank you. :-) Now to my request:

As it happens to everyone of us sooner or later, my character is so advanced, that I do not care at all anymore about green loot. It is not even worth the identity scroll for using it to refine my gear. However, I have to deal with this green HAMSTER all the time in dungeons, skirmishes, literally every time I am in a party: someone picks it up and everybody can "need or greed" on the item. It always ends up for me in hitting the Shift-3 combo many, many times and most time my screen is full of hints who got the item and that I have passed. (Thet these hint windows can not be moved in the UI setup is another topic btw...)

Now you might say, that the party leader has the option to change the loot item level, but there are two problems: first, this does not work when you come from a queue. The context menu item is there, but the upcoming dialog has only greyed out (disabled) controls and a tooltip tells you that changing this setting is not possible in queued partys. Second, this setting would be party-wide. Some members may still be interested in the green items, so it would be bad for them to change this threshold for all party members.

My request is to make this threshold an option for each character individually. If someone in the party picks up a green item, only those can "need or greed" who have set a fitting threshold level for themselves. This should not effect the option to pick up an item below my individual threshold, just the "need or greed" choice is not displayed if someone in the team else picks the item up.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    +1
  • Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    Yeah pretty good suggestion.I hope they implement this system.I am afraid to fill 2-3 man guild runs with random people because people start to get into arguments because of this exact reason so people's free fun time becomes keyboard rage show
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    An individual loot threshold would be great.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    Agreed.
    But do remember that some resources are green. As well as RP rank 4, for example.

PS: the right section is player feedback.

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    personally I don't mind having the pass multiple times I just wish they'd make it so you couldn't pick up items until after the fight was over.
  • Options
    vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    snotty said:

personally I don't mind having the pass multiple times I just wish they'd make it so you couldn't pick up items until after the fight was over.

This would not work, because folks who are not interested in loot or who are going for a speed run, immediately run to the next fight, putting folks back in combat before you can pick anything up.

What I would suggest is a categorized system with Gear, RP and All Else. You can set the level for each category. So people who are not interested in green gear, but want green RP (gems, stones, etc.) and don't want Treasures can set Gear to blue, RP to green and All Else to White. Then if something is picked up, then the person only rolls on the items that fit their category.

As new categories are added, then the interface is updated to allow for the new stuff. All items in the game are already categorized, so there would not need to be any new information added to items, just use the existing categories.
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Would be great to see a rule for unidentified items. Like: Autom. pass on unidentified item:
    1) Green
    2) All

or even pass on all type of green/all items coz there is no more purple drop, and peridots/artifact drops are personal, so no worries here I think.