test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lostmouth set and warlocks

deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
Is anyone on xbox that does not run the puppet build using the lostmouth set? Iv been debating it for some time. Every other class says it boosts your damage by over 10-20%. But from the pc forums I'm still sceptical.

Dreadtheft - only proc the lostmouth set on the initial hit. That's 10 seconds casting and no proc. Warlock's bargain - same. First hit only. Tyranical threat - can't crit splash damage. That's 3 of my 4 main skill rotations.

So in theory the warlock not running damnation puppets I cannot see the use for this set. The only skill that may benefit is harrowstorm, since the first hit crit they all proc the set bonus. And soulscorch crits a lot.

Has anyone tested this on xbox and seen any reason to run the set on a warlock fury? The stats on the belt put me off it to be honest. The str/dex stats have no use on a warlock so unless the set proc like crazy in theory the dps shouldn't be worth the price of the set and the stats of the belt

Comments

• xredscorpionxxredscorpionx Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    No Pity, No Mercy is currently a big part of my build. Would using NPNM conflict with using the Lostmauth set? Will the set bonus trigger while I'm in my combat advantage damage phase?
    Universe
  • lucivictuslucivictus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I don't use it, and the only time I don't get top DPS in TotS is when a well built GWF w/ the set has a good run.

LOL @ SW have low DPS. Check your build. The only thing I will say is SWs have a couple of tough humps to get over before they live up to their potential. It was the same in mod4/5 and it holds true in 6. Our role has changed just bit in Mod 6, but once you figure out your role, it is very rewarding.
  • deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    So against my better judgment I decided to get the lostmouth set for 2 reasons. 1) it seems that EVERY dps class uses it even if they dont need the stats. Whilst it might not be as important a set as other classes its still good. 2) pvp it is the go to set and so I'd need it at some point anyway.

My initial findings: 1) tyranical threat when casting on 2 mobs causes orange 0s to appear on the screen where TT cannot crit. Rather annoying making it hard to tell how much damage you deal. 2) dreadtheft and warlock bargain only proc the set bonus on the initial hit if it crits. The remaining ticks don't proc the set even if they crit. 3) skills like soul scorch, hallowstorm, fiery bolt and immolation spirits that seem to crit frequently proc the set like crazy and the damage using these skills goes up by miles.

Il run a crypts later on with my guild to see how much damage iv gained or lost from switching to the set.
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I have been using the set for a while as a damnation warlock. Started to get concerned about all the 0's and tested on dummies and procing lostmauth vengeance with soul scorch while under Tyrannical Threat seemed to actually negate the splash damage of TT from SS not just the extra Lostmauth Vengeance damage. I ran a few runs with and without the set, actually finding very little difference in overall dps but need a better group and more consistent runs to get a better feel. Ultimately my feeling is that the set helps some when using certain sets of skills but avoiding TT doesn't make sense in a T2. I need to test more and find out why sometimes it seems like using the set and TT ends up completely negating splash damage.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • tgwolftgwolf Member Posts: 501 Arc User
    ftryda said:

I have been using the set for a while as a damnation warlock. Started to get concerned about all the 0's and tested on dummies and procing lostmauth vengeance with soul scorch while under Tyrannical Threat seemed to actually negate the splash damage of TT from SS not just the extra Lostmauth Vengeance damage. I ran a few runs with and without the set, actually finding very little difference in overall dps but need a better group and more consistent runs to get a better feel. Ultimately my feeling is that the set helps some when using certain sets of skills but avoiding TT doesn't make sense in a T2. I need to test more and find out why sometimes it seems like using the set and TT ends up completely negating splash damage.

A lot of different effects negate damage with SW Powers and I'm 99% sure it isn't intentional.

I did a test by casting DT on a dummy with no feats equipped or curses used to try to negate any DoT effects to determine how it procs. and I did figure out that it does only proc. on crits. from the main damage, not just the first hit. This is 6 ticks over 6 seconds I believe. However sometimes it did not proc. on the crit. and I can't figure out why.

With TT active most of the shared damage seemed to work but it didn't work from the lostmauth damage. I gradually added DoT effect feats and companions and from what I can tell, the game cannot handle calculation of the damage sharing after a certain point anymore. This increases the more the damage is forced to bounce between enemies and the more TT are in effect.

I did the same test with other variables/sets and got much more pleasing results.

The fact remains that a lot of factors that are a part of the SW contradict and negate themselves and below 3kiLvL SW can't do much of anything unless SB at max sparks or Damnation HB.

Life steal also has the issue of proc'ing mainly off DoT effects rather than the main damage except for HoB at melee range. This causes main damage to not proc. it and results in far too low returns.