test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wraith's Shadow and Hadar's Grasp, any practical uses?

arcofortep12arcofortep12 Member Posts: 2,265 Arc User
edited October 2015 in The Nine Hells
Do you think that these two powers have any practical use? Where and how?

Also, anyone using Dust to Dust? I don't see the point since my AP generation is solid enough, I would have to remove Soul Scorch that is my biggest damage dealer for just a faster AP generation but my AP generation is already solid (?). :|
Sunrise_Knights.jpg

- All I say it's just my opinion. Peace. -
- Sunrise Knights are always recruiting active good-hearted players ;) 'Let the Sun shine!' -

Comments

• Options
    pricetagcloudpricetagcloud Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Wraith's shadow is a poor man's Hadar's Grasp. I wouldn't suggest putting points in it unless you want the clunky curse proc CC.

Hadar's Grasp is an amazing DoT and good CC. I would suggest it over Dreadtheft against single targets easily (DT would be for clearing more than one enemy).

If I'm understanding you correctly you're saying dust to dust is pointless with SS because you would be gimping your AP gain from your feat? Dust to Dust is more commonly used in trash clearing and SS is most effective against elite mobs and bosses. I would slot Dust to Dust when running with a party through weak mobs then take it off before a boss since the whole point of Dust to Dust is that when you get out of battle you get your AP, and fighting boss (especially with the dungeons we're left with) it's harder to get away from the enemy to appreciate the effect it has.

Personally, I fell back in love with WB after someone suggesting (might be you, actually) for survival. Then I use HS and HG. Dreadtheft is great, I just don't feel like risking getting it cancelled and losing dps. Really enjoying the class atm exept for the first boss in elol and lostmauth. WB does exactly jack HAMSTER against the spear of death or fireball eyes (which are also undodgeable). Really the first boss is a matter of getting the guy off his drake mount then I'm good again.
    SW: Callisto Shedevil. Soul Binder Temptation 16.1k GS
    GUILD: ~Myrmidons~

Would Love to party up with people for pretty much anything!
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    TT+WB+HG+DT in that order is by far the best damage combination to clear trash, beside allways using DtD
    Endboss it's
    TT/WC+WB+HG+SS and instead of DtD usw ACC
    Nothing will beat these encounter if casted correctly on one Elite target
    Going PVP i take most time
    WB+HG+HS or DT (against some TR autotracking or DC's or tanks)
    So HG is very common and HH is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> IMO
    WS I tried frequently but normally it doesn't perform very good
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hadar's Grasp is one of the best DPS powers we have, particularly for the Fury tree... If you're fighting a boss and you're not using it, you're doing it wrong. ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Warlock's Bargain and Hadar's Grasp are 2 of my 3 encounters I use on dragon fights or against long term boss mob battles. I also tend to use them in PvP
  • Options
    seniorhobsseniorhobs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User

Do you think that these two powers have any practical use? Where and how?

Also, anyone using Dust to Dust? I don't see the point since my AP generation is solid enough, I would have to remove Soul Scorch that is my biggest damage dealer for just a faster AP generation but my AP generation is already solid (?). :|

Dust to Dust + All Consuming Curse

Warlocks Bargain + Hadar's Grasp + Soul Scorch (spam) - In that order.

Tyranical Threat if a pack of mobs will last more than a few seconds, otherwise Immolation Spirits.

Stat Prio: Crit > Arp / Pwr

I've come to above after many hours of parsing. I've found 200k+ crits of SS to be > Dreadtheft all day long.

-Grogak