test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Framerate Problems - OPEN WORLD

kranorzorkranorzor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Hello there, i have performance issues since last maintenance and patch, my fps in all areas (outside) vary from 20 to max 30 fps before 60-80.
Someone has fps problems in open world enviroment?
In instance i got 60 to 100 fps, problems are only outside.
This is a brand new system, clean install, all others games are running flawlessly (60 + games tested).

Thanks!

OS. Windows 10
GPU: 980 ti SLI x2
CPU: 5960x
Ram: 32 GB

Comments

• rivodus07rivodus07 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Your lucky the game even works!

Neverwinter crashes to desktop everytime i go into battle for me.
  • kranorzorkranorzor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I can only say that i have another system with a 970 gtx 4790k and it's working good (not latest nvidia driver)
    The engine is not optimized at all and you see it especially with high end rigs with low usage of gpu 15 -20%.

I'm sorry for you mate, if you have a gsync monitor with the latest driver 358.50 can cause crash or huge fps drop and crash, downgrade the driver to the previous version.

Latest nvidia driver on some gpu cause lot of problems right now (not only gsync), waiting for a new driver to come out and see if it's the driver that is causing problems in my case, or a neverwinter update.
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    I noticed that nvidia is coming out with a number of update on drivers.. every time I have an issue, a new update popups after a few days.
    My guess is that it will happen in this case too..

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

• kranorzorkranorzor Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    l3thin4th said:

I noticed that nvidia is coming out with a number of update on drivers.. every time I have an issue, a new update popups after a few days.

I think it's the driver in my case so i'm waiting for a fix or a new one to see :smile:
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    kranorzor said:

l3thin4th said:

I think it's the driver in my case so i'm waiting for a fix or a new one to see :smile:
    Is the quote below of any help?

These are the facts I've learned since I built my system... (3) 144Hz monitors in surround (5970x1080) and TriSLI 980s. Ran that setup for about a year.

Any shader that is translucent like the slime mount/ghost horse/slime monster in Clock Tower quest "WHILE in FULLSCREEN MODE" will bring FPS to it's knees (5FPS for example.) It doesn't matter if single card or SLI, doesn't matter in what resolution.

Taking the above in consideration and putting the game in Windowed Maximized all the above goes away and I have butter smooth gameplay even when translucent objects are on the screen.

I now gave up on Surround gaming (too much of a hassle getting all the games to work right) and just play on a single WQHD Asus Rog 2560x1440 with Gsync and still the above holds true and play in Windowed Maximized mode.

This has been my experience with NW anyhow... I'm running 353.62 drivers as all the newer ones have SUCKED!

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits