test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who Is looking forward to Strongholds!?

I can't wait for strongholds to start! It's been so awesome to see Cryptic release all these expansions for Neverwinter! I can't wait to see the Stronghold Siege on Xbox! Comment below and share your enthusiasm!

Comments

• nullvaluepointnullvaluepoint Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    An expansion that adds content for an imbalanced part of the game? What could possibly go wrong?
  • codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    I am pretty stoked! I'm looking forward to the new armor. And the whole idea of this mod is amazing.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'm ambivalent about it. Any new content is always welcome but I'm concerned about it creating an even greater divide between the organised, well financed players/guilds and everyone else (the 90%+).

A noticeable increase in inequality would turn off many casuals meaning a reduction in general player base. This would in turn negatively affect the BiS players by reducing a cash stream for their AH sales & new recruits pool.

I would be very happy to see some kind of tiering structure in Strongholds that prevents nub guilds coming up against the likes of Houdini and Asylum who quite simply would roll over them like a 40 ton truck.

It's not that hard to protect the interests & enjoyment for players of all levels, it just needs to be thought through and treated as a priority concern.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • nickinightnickinight Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    At first, I wasn't really looking forward to it as my guild consists of very few active people... but having spoken with some other friends, they joined the guild and convinced me that it isn't all bad. After all, there's loads of PvE content, despite PvP, probably being the best way to earn necessary items for the stronghold and currency for new armour.

I'm still a little "eh" about it, but Mod 8, Underdark, is certainly something I'm looking forward to.
    Lvl 70 HR Mistress Fleur | Lvl 70 TR Countess Myra
    1. "Cleric: Protect at all costs.
    2. Rest of Group: Expendable."
    GT= NikkiNight (Looking for new peeps to run ANY dungeons/skirmishes with. GS irrelevant)
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Meh..
    But the next one looks good. I haven't seen much about the pve. No interest in pvp. Haven't joined a guild mainly due to the communication system on Xbox.
    NW was my first mmo since EQ, that's pre-wow EQ, meaning 72 - 54 man raids, depending on the expansion. To be honest, I really miss those raids. That is endgame, not pvp.
    ...at least the mounts look cool.
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    This has got to be a sarcastic post right? I mean, there are SO many issues with the game. Many of which came with the release of MOD6, some that are still lingering from MOD5. But you actually think it is a good idea for us to get another MOD? This will just add even more issues, and make this game even more unplayable.

So, I sure hope this was a sarcastic post. If not, kudos to you for having hope in a broken game. Kudos to you.
  • pbrand45pbrand45 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    I'm looking forward to it, just about done with boons and need different dallies. I'm mainly pve and stronghold is mostly pve so it is welcomed. An increase in number of seal drops would be good to if they don't remove it from patch.
  • popezen01popezen01 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    meh fix the fact that people can solo everything in pve but get crushed in dungeons and skirms leaving you with absolutely nothing to do.
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    You can solo Motherload in IWD? I can't even do that. lol
  • spencer430#6694 spencer430 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    There are some issues with the game that have been noticed by the developers, but they are working on fixing them. Lol fixing code isn't a one day thing. If fixing code was that easy they would be coming out with expansions every 2 or 3 weeks. I haven't been having to much trouble with dungeons, but I have an awesome guild to back me up. I think its safe to say Neverwinter isn't meant to be played by yourself. I mean hell, you're queing up for dungeons and pvp on a constant basis. I think Neverwinter is encouraging people to find groups to play with, make friends, and join guilds, things of that sort :). If you'd like to join an awesome guild. Click on the link to go to our facebook page and a leader will get in contact with you :). https://www.facebook.com/groups/RaidersofRotheValley/
    Post edited by spencer430#6694 on
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Sent the guild leader a message...hope to destroy dungeons together real soon

...and I do realize this was not the forum for this comment

:::ducks:::
  • spencer430#6694 spencer430 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Awesome brother!
  • stercesderisedstercesderised Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Legacy is looking fw to SH, even though we're a smaller guild. Got a group of cool people who have been together since April, now with content to work through and to build together. Granted, the build will be long and grindy (like everything else is in this game), but we'll get there without sacrificing our integrity or enjoyment of the game

Can't wait!