test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Helpful hint for the developers to save the game

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3pe0tr/recent_changes_to_destinys_economy_have_lowered/

This was looking at destiny but the basis of the argument and thoughts are valid for neverwinter as well.

I still login to get my key from vip, but my draw is low right now. I feel lied to and hesitant to do anything thinking it will change. They got people to get vip with all the perks then nerfed some of the benefits, they gave a 2rp then cut costs of the gmop a day later, and then even this weekend not a huge one, but they give you a 50% blood ruby coupon at level 70. Well this weekend when I hit 70, I couldn't even use it because the tymora event was giving favors with that purchase so could even apply the coupon.

Arc/pw are strangling the game to maximize profits, but they are losing income because they are driving people away because they are taking away to much and people don't feel like they are getting anything and being lied to left and right.

Comments

• brick1176brick1176 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    yep, unfortunately I would have to agree the dollar limits fore-thought. to bad they went with the few players that are happy model instead of many happy players model. imo the latter of the two has better profits over given time.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    That's what happens when business gets in the way of business if you know what I mean.

They forget too easily that you need to keep customers happy if they are going to stay with you. Many an online & high street retailer/service operator has died through putting immediate profits ahead of long term gain.

I do like the game and I like a lot of the new content but you simply cannot make changes to things that people rely on without sufficient notification. It creates disappointment and distrust.

Imagine if:
    They gave 3 months notice of the Leadership changes - those with it would've maximised earnings for that period & those just starting up wouldn't have bothered (saving them investment)

They lowered the price of Marks on the same day as double refinement started - players would've loved them for it.

They really lived up to their statement that time should equal income and awarded AD for campaign tasks & all other forms of time consuming in-game events so players wouldn't have to decide between earning AD and earning boons etc.

Gave monthly updates of all outstanding issues & what the time frame for addressing them is - this would give players the ability to scan the list, see if a certain issue is on there & whether or not they can expect an upcoming resolution.

This is such a basic necessity that I cannot understand why they are not doing it already. So much of the complaining on this forum is a direct result of the deafening silence from the developers.

These are simple things - easy to do, players would be much happier and best of all, it costs nothing!

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    It's the way of the world these days. Bunch of fools trying to make quarterly numbers so they can get theirs :disappointed: Then mentality of the ghetto, and corporate America are stunningly similar...
  • ketthooverketthoover Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Happy players refer friends and bring more players. Over the summer I talked up neverwinter and got other friends to play. Today in the state the game is, I would feel bad if I convinced a friend to join just to have them get burned like me.

i really hope they straighten this out. Like the leadership nerf, you know why people were able to build armies? Arc/pw allowed people to have up to like 50 toons, why? To sell character slots. I have 8 toons one of each type, i didn't expand my slots until EE dropped when they had the sale. Anyways, people can't play 50 characters, I can't keep up with just focusing on 2. Leadership didn't profit that much ad unless you had the army so why not just limit the number of character slots? People would be mad because of the slots they bought that became obsolete. Well they are upset because of the profession assets they bought that became obsolete and now the useless slots that became obsolete.

Really do have to wonder about the leadership and decision makers. You have a prime outlet for a mmo one a main stream console with little to no competion. Players need to be drawn in not runout.
  • zak3056zak3056 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

They lowered the price of Marks on the same day as double refinement started - players would've loved them for it.

Outside looking in, one of their apparent goals here is to drain AD out of the economy so they can fix whatever it is they think needs fixing. Double RP obviously was in support of this, and cutting the sinks for it would have worked in complete opposition to the goal.

• sharpassassin1sharpassassin1 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

Imagine if:

The biggest issue creating distrust within the community is the lack of transparency when these decisions are being made while knowing the impact it will have on people's accounts....as Zak pointed out, it's fairly obvious that conveniently dropping the price of GMOP after DR was intended to drain the market of AD's. You simply can't convince me otherwise...
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    yep and it leaves a sour taste - this is exactly the kind of thing that makes people distrust what the company may do next and so refuse to invest more real currency.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I liked reading this book on the subject:
    http://www.amazon.com/Free-Play-Making-Money-Games/dp/0321919017

All devs should read something like that if they want to make money through F2P.
    An all F2P players need to read this to get more control over they addictions. :smile:
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    I agree with the concerns people have about the game, lack of communication/ information from devs, I spent big $ on the game, stepped back from doing so till things change, like GUI changes on Xbox. Still have a lot zen in my account. Still waiting for some things to release. Feywild pack(long overdue, isn't it) unicorns same...
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(