test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Black Ice Set

dynethordynethor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
I don't understand why the Black Ice set (belt, cloack and beholder) is so hard to obtain (500k of black ice is very huge to gather) and the set bonus is so bad, especially compared to the lostmauth set: i think the set should be empowered or the cost of the belt and cloack should be reduced.

Comments

• Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I went for the Valindra set because

A.) I had the matching artifact already and
    B.) I love me some control bonus!

Curse those Lostmauthies.
    Post edited by theycallmetomu on
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

but everyone wants DPS, and the set offers you that.

In a game in which 3/5's of your party will likely be DPS (if not more), the DPS set is the most popular set. In other news, the moon circled the Earth today.

I wish there was more variety, but when you combine a instant kill bug (now fixed of course...I think lol), a DPS-centric set bonus and DPS centric stats....with a game in which DPS is king.....well, sold.
  • Options
    horofoxhorofox Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Don't like it - don't try to obtain it.
    It's not like anyone is at loss if that set just exists. Mad cost, meh bonus => no one uses it, no balance problems, still +1 variety, everyone happy.
  • Options
    theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Yeah, that much is true.
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes, my 2 DCs and 1 of my GF have lathander's sets, my Devotion OP has Imperial Dragon set and my Protection OP has Tiamat set. So I go for the variety idea too. My other characters I have not bothered to buy for them yet.
  • Options
    karlodunkarlodun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    OK, I beleaved, that this set will be good, due to the stat bonus.... I have it now.... and it sucks....
    Can I have my money back? I have bought the purple pick for real money, and I want it back... now.... or I want to hear, how the devs are supposed to fix it.
    Why? It's a bridge of a contract, if you sell something, to obtain something, that will not work as intended, while something else works much better, then inteded....
    If there will be no reaction to this, I will try to get my lawyer to check on this.... a PM would also be nice.
  • Options
    karlodunkarlodun Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 69 Arc User
    I have compared my damage output to other Warlocks with similar gear. Those, who have the Lostmouth set deal up to 23 fold of damage during one dungeon run.
    Excluding deviations, caused by my playstyle, different powers used and different companions - these deviations would never result in such difference.
    After brief research on the internet I found out, that you alrady "fixed" the lostmouth set. This would mean that it is working like intended. The DPS deviation would however mean, that the Black Ice Set is broken.
    I know you cannot return the time I have spend to mine and to refine all the ice, and it is fine. However you used the Black Ice Set as a marketing strategy to Sell me the Hammerstone Runeforge Kit, which I have accuired. Since my set is broken, and I don't see any intention of your development team to fix it - it is a case of unfair business.
    I have already consulted my lawyer, prosecution in the court would be possible, however it should be used as last instance.
    I like the game, and I do not want my money back, since it is meant to support the game maintanance and development. However I could have used the ZEN to buy something else.
    I intend to stay your customer for the future, and yes - I still want to support you financially (a six month extension of VIP is planned for next month). However I don't like it, if someone sells me stuff, which is not working.
    I am pretty sure, a solution to this issue can be found soon. A copy of this message will go to my lawyer to ensure, he is informed.
    Best regards - Karlodun.

PS: According to US/EU and International Law, there is no need for someone to perform research in the forums to check if the sold item or service will work/perform like stated by official supplier.

PPS: Mods, pls... don't tell me, that internal Game rules are above the official law, first check this:
    §15 U.S. Code § 45.