test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Auction house prices are too steep.

Hi all, Auction house sales on the Xbox One are ridiculously high, no one in their right mind would pay 50000 shards for a helmet with plus one smite, so hence forth any decent gear I find shall be auctioned at very low prices, e.g helmet with plus one smite 200 shards. I'm doing this so hopefully others shall follow suit and the auction house can be incorporated back into normal game play and everyone shall profit.....

Many thanks for listening to the rant.

Drac.

Comments

• Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Lucky you, on the PC version T2 helmet cost 1 million
  • Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Just like the real world...supply and demand.
  • Options
    So long as someone buys it, I shall still get the diamonds....... and people are more likely to buy mine than anyone else's...
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    undercut undercut undercut, that's the way to make the money quickly and efficiently. Granted if you hold out for 5 days, you MIGHT get more, but for a quick turn around..undercut undercut undercut.
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I agree with "Undercut" as the main part of the solution to sell quickly.
    There is also "Look at the time on the market for the lowest priced positions".
    So, for popular items, you don't need to undercut all of the cheapest items, just the ones which has been there for 6-12 hours or so.
    And you should always use the default 5 days auction duration, unless you are hoping that people would start bidding on your items.

P.S. I have no idea what the OP talks about. What is the "shards"?
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    royxlxblood#2888 royxlxblood Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ya there needs to be a max price on items that have a buyout price.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User

Ya there needs to be a max price on items that have a buyout price.

Confused!!! You don't consider the buyout price a max price?

Or are you saying that Cryptic and not the players should set the highest buyout price allowed for an item? If this, bad idea. If the price is too high, it won't sell and the price will come down. If Cryptic starts setting limits, players will post at those limits and the supply and demand principal could be impacted.
  • Options
    deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    AH prices are too LOW! I have a good bit of AD and I like selling stuff at their proper value. But all the prices are SSOO LOW, how is anyone like me supposed to make more AD?!?!
  • Options
    ajax0101ajax0101 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Any gear you find is bound. Good luck selling it. But feel free to sell low I will gladly sell it for what the market decides is the right price
  • Options
    rroadwarrior#3554 rroadwarrior Member Posts: 5 New User
    edited October 2015
    Since this is an "Auction House", you have the right to sell your product for whatever price you want. Hence the term, "Auction House". Their really is no need to discuss this any further. To start putting any restrictions on this, would change the name to, "Price Fixing House".
  • Options
    finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User

Since this is an "Auction House", you have the right to sell your product for whatever price you want. Hence the term, "Auction House". Their really is no need to discuss this any further. To start putting any restrictions on this, would change the name to, "Price Fixing House".

You made me lol and i agree with you.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

• Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

Hi all, Auction house sales on the Xbox One are ridiculously high, no one in their right mind would pay 50000 shards for a helmet with plus one smite, so hence forth any decent gear I find shall be auctioned at very low prices, e.g helmet with plus one smite 200 shards. I'm doing this so hopefully others shall follow suit and the auction house can be incorporated back into normal game play and everyone shall profit.....

Many thanks for listening to the rant.

Drac.

I really do not mean to sound rude but quite honestly that is one of the silliest things I have seen in a while. You are quite literally making the richer even more rich, why would you ever want to do that? All you are going to do is cause someone who does not actually need it, to buy it and resell it for a much higher price.

Tell you what I will buy every single item you want to list for crazy low prices, you would not even need to use the AH :)

But on a serious note you doing that will have no effect what-so-ever and no-one will follow suit and lose out on valuable AD.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    sh00termcl0vinsh00termcl0vin Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Someone needs to give TC a class on economics. This isn't corporations selling competing products, it's an open market environment. If you sell low someone else will just buy yours and sell it at an inflated price to make a profit.

The only way to substantially impact a market like this is to flood it with the same item for the same price. This either requires you to have a very substantial supply of "+1 smiting item " in reserve and posting them at periodic intervals, (every hour or so) in order to "corner the market" and prevent resales, or coordinating with others to do the same.

TLDR
    Won't work, not enough supply.