test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Encounters even more broken now?

theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
I guess most of us have noticed that Hindering Strike fail to function alot, and now - after the EE update - i've also noticed that Constricting Arrow fails alot. Maybe 4 times out of 10. You get the beginning of the animation, but the encounter doesn't work. Needless to say, it totally ruins the encounter rotation, especially if you're a trapper.

Have anyone else noticed this?
HR - "The Ungodly"
DC - "The Unholy"
Guild: Ruthless

Comments

• davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I have not noticed this. Might be because I don't stick around to notice. Always on the move.

May be the animation never appears. Not sure. What I have noticed is the increase of immunity with adds.

Was in eLoL yesterday and what you mention might of been my issue with the first boss.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I think it is to do with dodge, dodge seems to mess up a lot of the Encounters (Fox`s Shift seems to be the worst effected with testing).
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    Confirmed, Fox did create some mayhem, enough I had to quit the game.

The animation issue remains, regardless. For example, while moving forward, try rapidly changing from bow to swords. At first the sound effect of the change works, then doesn't, then the animation change stops working. So... If we are in a fight and rapidly cycling through our rotations, this issue occurs. Because of it, a moderately fast moving boss may have a clean shot at you.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    seems like constricting takes a tick longer to execute, and if you dodge before it's done then it won't take effect. but you will still be able to use the encounter.

i have not noticed a problem with fox shift, but it seems like fox cunning flashes the animation but doesn't effect. again maybe i am moving too fast but you would think once the green fox head pops up you are good to go.

sometimes when i switch from melee to ranged, my next encounter shows the melee version of the animation. or vice versa. i have not noticed if the effect is correct or not, but i think it is.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • guarana76guarana76 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I got the same problem here. When I move and make the rotations too fast, one of them might not work properly. Roots that do not appear, fox cunning that does not activate (this one I notice when i change to melee and powers are not ready). On the other hand, the cool down problem seems to be way better now.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Yeah unfortunately dodge throws a spanner in the works by causing powers to glitch out or just not fire off. The annoying part is when the power clearly fires off on the screen but you know it did not work.

Although I have never really had a problem with Hindering Strike, I always use it straight after Fox`s Shift and the roots always seem to work for me.

The one that does not seem to work for me is Hindering Shot, this does not seem to put weak roots on enemies for me and there is never any tick damage from it.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    guarana76 said:

I got the same problem here. When I move and make the rotations too fast, one of them might not work properly. Roots that do not appear, fox cunning that does not activate (this one I notice when i change to melee and powers are not ready). On the other hand, the cool down problem seems to be way better now.

I've noticed that Fox Cunning has started to fail for me too, so now there's three encounters that often fails for me. Before i could just go through my rotation rapidly without hick-ups, but now i constantly have to keep one eye on the encounters to see if they fail or not.
    This has become unbearable. To fail the rotation this often makes me very vulnerable.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless