test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rise of Tiamat Needs Some Adjusting (on XBox)?

agamerx360agamerx360 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I come to find that there is rarely more than 1 instance (i.e. less than 25 people even bothering) and many of those aren't geared to be able to do enough damage in the time allotted (most are 1800 to 2200).

Way too many failed attempts to count this past week. Not a single win. And the outlook is getting bleaker and bleaker as less and less people are bothering to show up to try.

I sort of understand why. Other than the 100+ Linu's Favors that I need for the last two boons, there really isn't any reason to do this encounter. The drops, as rare as they are, just aren't tempting for well geared characters (it is a T1 event).

End result is no incentive for high-geared people to bother with it, and the lower geared people aren't able to contribute enough in the time allotted.

That leaves trading Coffers/Dragon Empire Treasure for Linu's Favors? That is going to be a long, long grind. Can't really justify grinding for a year (or more) for such a small stat increase. And, with the adjusted AD generation options now, buying that many coffers (like 10,000?) just isn't going to be feasible.

So, my question is how are people to get those last boons? Realistically? Killing Tiamat 100+ times was a long enough prospect, but that was assuming it could be beaten a couple times a day.

If there aren't going to be any other ways to get Linu's Favors, perhaps Tiamat needs to be adjusted so that 1800~2200 gear score people can actually contribute to it (it is supposed to be T1 after all), rebrand it as a T2 event (min 2300 gear score to get in?), extend the time, or add something to the drop list that will entice higher gear score people to join in on the "fun". Otherwise, Tiamat will win by default every hour, when no one bothers to show up any more.

Note: have the devs check the recent win/loss numbers, as well as total number of instances spawned each hour. Stats won't lie. Tiamat is getting bored.

Comments

• ddem0n888ddem0n888 Member Posts: 449 Arc User
    Tiamat seems to be all over the place since Mod 6. I ran it a few times over the weekend. No wins (apart from one where we killed the last head with 5 seconds to go and the animation screwed us!) but a few very heavy losses. One was sooooo bad. We actually had to zerg the summoners at the beginning because none were going down. It was into 15 mins before we took Severin. By the time we got to the first dragon head run there were only about 5-10 left in there....Needless to say it didn't go well. Not been back in since.

I only want favors for the last two boons but I think I'll just leave it. The mild stat increase isn't worth all that hassle.
    Guild - Excalibur
  • wanderingkyngwanderingkyng Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    You're right about the problem. There just aren't many people running it right now, and those who are trying are less than prepared. I'd recommend putting those boons on the back-burner for a few weeks, but remember people's gear is just going to get better and better - and Tiamat is still a pushover with the right organization. Once more people start farming him it'll snowball and people will start crushing it again. I don't think he needs a nerf:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/3nefyo/legendary_outlaws_beat_tiamat_in_two_phases/
  • theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I'm a pretty decent HR Trapper with a "GS" of 2500. Since mod6 with the raised difficulty and the change of Lifesteal, i pretty much avoid WoD. I'm not saying it's too difficult now, but tedious even to fight the "easy" mobs who can 2 hit you. So i wouldn't even think of entering Tiamat now. Getting the last boon is out of question for me.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    There are not 1.6 Million players, at least not anymore. That article meant that 1.6 million people had downloaded the game. Which it does not subtract those who have deleted the game from their hard drive, which is probably about 1.59+ million people.
  • majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    Developers are way too busy removing content to fix still existing content. The few runs of tiamat I have attempted since mod 6 have all been atrocious, like black head can't get down to 50% in 2 minutes atrocious.
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I need 5,000 coffers...or a good 25 players x 50.

It is reachable...no?

I just have 1 boon left in Sharandar...be done Monday and 1 boon left in IWD...be done October 28th.

As for WOD...pre-MOD 6, I hastily spent 30 Linu's I wish hadn't and that's why I am in this situation.

I did notice if you farmed HE and dragons, they do award more coffers...at least that's my experience.
  • salacious66salacious66 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It seems to be getting worse in terms of success chances. I have beaten Tiamat about 5 times since Mod6 but none of those in the last week and half.

Lack of RI amongst the participants seems to be the main problem - 2600+GS SW with 2000 ARP - I think you have to actually try to get it that low.......DPS classes with 3-4k ARP and slotting R8 radiants so they can hit those heads with a more powerful sponge!

Closest I've had recently we had 3 1/2 runs at the heads but basically had them all to 25% when the timer ran out so well short of DPS with meaningful RI.

In my usual playtime (UK say 8-11pm weekdays) there seems to be 3 or 4 instances of Tiamat so I don't rate the chances of success much but I'll be back there tonight for 2 or 3 goes.
    Post edited by salacious66 on
  • agamerx360agamerx360 Member Posts: 6 Arc User

I just have 1 boon left in Sharandar...be done Monday and 1 boon left in IWD...be done October 28th.

I am hoping that is the case for many others as well, and that soon those people will be heading back to WoD?

As for WOD...pre-MOD 6, I hastily spent 30 Linu's I wish hadn't and that's why I am in this situation.

I am in the same boat. Can't remember what it was I wasted my Linu's on, but it has since been replaced and salvaged. Sigh. What a waste.

I did notice if you farmed HE and dragons, they do award more coffers...at least that's my experience.

Also, you can get your daily Dragon Empire Treasure from the ToD campaign (if you invested/wasted at least 1 Linu's on "Prevent Tiamat's Return".
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I do think they need to nerf Tiamat. People talk optimistically about people gearing up better. I'm not seeing it. they can't make it thru the dungeons cause their gear isn't good enough, they can't make it thru the campaign cause there gear isn't good enough, they can't buy it.. this game desperately needs some middle ground for the casuals to gear up better. the t1 isn't normal level.. it's crushing. and t2 is super crushing. they need a normal level there should be more tiers in difficulty with some good award and Sharandar needs to not reward level 60 gear. Everything the OP said about Tiamat I totally agree with and have experienced first hand.