test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

RIP OP Rogues

silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PvP Discussion
Coming from a TR that has played all three paragon trees and has had major success with each of them in their own distinct play styles, I can confidently say that the TR is no where near as effective in this mod compared to previous mods. We are now one of you. Sure we can still node troll, and we're formidable adversaries in 1v1 battles, (as we should be.) but with the amount of HP that armor now grants, our burst damage is miniscule. We will no longer be 3v1ing you, one shotting you, and you now have a chance against annoying scoundrels that try to stun lock you.

I'm not complaining because it's still a fun support character to play, but it's interesting to realize that the only thing that the developers had to do to help balance this class was to give everyone else way more health.

I think whats really interesting is that no one is talking about how friggin OP the Hunter Ranger has become.. Our only saving grace against them was their health pool was usually pretty low, but now that their survivability has jumped up significantly, they are totally the new TR in PVP.
Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User

A Saboteur with First Strike and Shocking Execution can still own most people.

feel free to elaborate, because the only way I can see that logically working is if the person is below the threshold for SE to kick in it's bonus... which isn't really a normal occurance.

• azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    it is not that TR is not good anymore. it is just that the class has a higher skill cap. before you had all survivility and the dps to kill anyone. now you gotta learn and tweak the class. on PC there are very strong trs that dominate the pvp also. adapt to it, the class is balanced now.
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I agree about the HR stun, there's another current post on the subject.

I posted on the PC PvP forum a few weeks ago and asked them to rate the classes in Mod 6.

Interesting answers - here's the link:
    arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1203380/how-would-you-rank-classes-in-pvp
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • azuosed89azuosed89 Member Posts: 565 Arc User

yup, been saying this before the mod dropped. Hunter ranger will be the new tr with "crushing roots".

ironic that it seems GWF now is the one best suit to fight this threat thanks to unstoppable.
    *giggles*
    Gannicus GWF PvP
    DENIAL
  • billcosby#8199 billcosby Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Sorry your no longer a god. /sarcasm
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User

feel free to elaborate, because the only way I can see that logically working is if the person is below the threshold for SE to kick in it's bonus... which isn't really a normal occurance.

Piercing damage ignores tenacity. It can hit for over 100k HP. If you do not believe me, read the PC PVP and TR forums.
    Correct.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.

Piercing damage ignores tenacity. It can hit for over 100k HP. If you do not believe me, read the PC PVP and TR forums.
    I know that. However I've never seen a saboteur hit for over 50k (lashing blade on a very LUCKY try) and the skill only offers 75% piercing damage so our attacks are not hitting for our damages full amount.

• dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    your building your tr wrong
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • ashnnwashnnw Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Guys,

You will those 100k crits from TR guarantee it.

and when you guys get strongholds Perma TR are very elite, for Strongholds, easily the best class to hold a node for building Cattpults.

HR can perma stun, but their damage got cut down severely, in this mod they are pure controller class, although some BIS HR can push some good damge, with the right setup.
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    you guys crack me up if your tr's bad not because of the class its because of the player
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    ashnnw said:

Guys,

HR can perma stun, but their damage got cut down severely, in this mod they are pure controller class, although some BIS HR can push some good damge, with the right setup.

Well the HR fanboys claim the HR to be number one in DPS this mod. I have yet to see it in Dungeon runs. *Rolls eyes*

Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    lol yea it's only in pvp cos they only get a couple of enemies at a time coming at them.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • dylos#2661 dylos Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Hr should not get nurf they are far from being op.i would trade my stum lock anytime to have the dps and deflec of mod5.

Hr should not get nurf they are far from being op.i would trade my stum lock anytime to have the dps and deflec of mod5.

you DO have the DPS and deflect of mod5.. the difference is everyone else has more HP so it's not as lethal.

However, a good HR can root someone continuously over and over until dead with very little resistance.

• dylos#2661 dylos Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Yes but when it comes to fighting gwf, gf and paladin or heals the hr is week but i guess its the games way of balancing each class.thease are all 1v1 examples.if im runing with my grp yes the hr is OP.A great support class.
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    You don't appear to know how to play the HR class? Every HR I have played against has been at the top of the leaderboard/most kills. That's going against GWF/GF/OP/TR everything. That is because they are OVERPOWERED.