test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hunter ranger pvp OP

finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
Srsly, why can hunter rangers stun me every 0.5 second for 1+ second? This should be nerfed in pvp. It's annoying and unplayable like this.
Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

¨˜ˆ”°¹~•-.„¸ρℓαуιиg иєνєяωιитєя ѕιи¢є 2015¸„.-•~¹°”ˆ˜¨

Comments

• s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    u can equip elven battle for ur armor which helps a lot tho does not work everytime, and if you are running a tr, impossible to catch is 1 of ur main counter u can equp to get out of hr infinite stun lock

lots of pally is using the eln battle in pvp which base on the feed back i receive from them in the game, it helps them a lot. hope that helps
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • ceemaus2020ceemaus2020 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    the enchant is broken and you sacrifice alot of things to use it. I feel like the best remedy is nerfing the micro stuns. At least then the fight is fair.
  • ceemaus2020ceemaus2020 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I have been in many 1v1s vs hrs with the microstun ability and its humiliating watching them not let you get a single attack off. Its not like im undergeared im 3100 item lvl most the ones I have 1v1ed that beat me arent even 2500. One other thing is trs that still able to permastealth and throw daggers from stealth being widdled down slowly and never being able to hit your target is trash. If they would fix this mentality the fights would be fair.
  • silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
    I love how everyone screams for a nerf in regards to HR rooting without considering the actual reason behind the perma roots.

foxes cunning needs to be toned down, along with that feat that decreases cooldown on shift.

this would balance the HR without decreasing it's potential. There is no reason that they should be able to spam 6 encounters back to back endlessly without a cooldown. Why this hasn't been touched on yet blows my mind.
    Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)
  • snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User

I love how everyone screams for a nerf in regards to HR rooting without considering the actual reason behind the perma roots.

foxes cunning needs to be toned down, along with that feat that decreases cooldown on shift.

this would balance the HR without decreasing it's potential. There is no reason that they should be able to spam 6 encounters back to back endlessly without a cooldown. Why this hasn't been touched on yet blows my mind.

QFT
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • haloclownhaloclown Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Keep the microstuns but get rid of the unlimited encounter <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. Make each encounter do only 10% of their cool downs so they actually HAVE to wait to do another encounter and not be able to perma daze
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User

QFT
    totally agree
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    No that would be unfair since their at-will powers dont do much damage. The stunning/dazing should be nerfed a lil bit in pvp only.
    Warlock- Lv80. || Rogue - Lv80. || Wizard - Lv80. || Paladin - Lv80. || Cleric - Lv80. || Ranger - Lv70. || Barbarian - Lv70. || Fighter - Lv70.

• dylos#2661 dylos Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Hr should not get nurf we are the most squishi class.i would trade my stun lock anytime 4 the dps n deflec of mod5.if they nurf our roots they should nurf the staking of multiple hr at the same time.if thats even posible.
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Well in a month Strongholds is coming, and with that, probably some new "tweaks" that will put another class at an advantage...
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    There is a nerf coming but it's the wrong one from what I hear from PC. They are keeping the stuns 'as is' and reducing the HR damage.

Completely the wrong way round - they should nerf the stuns/roots and increase the damage. That would put them on a level with everyone else.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • dylos#2661 dylos Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Tr have itc invis and you can run a oghmas token and are less squishi then hr.when i fight the rogues in my guil Berserk my chances of wining are low.and yes they should not nurf the litle dps we have left take my stuns.
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    TR's are not a problem in PvP any longer. There are plenty of way to kill them now. The HR's on the other hand are exactly how the TR's WERE in the last MOD....nearly unkillable. Its true, and all the HR's can say it not, but it is.

However, just like with the TR, a fix will probably not happen until they release the next MOD. Which just so happens is coming VERY soon. So enjoy your time being relevant HR's...its about to end.
    lol this cracks me up.... most squishy class in the game ....lmao the hr is the most powerful class in the game right now and there is no nerf coming to them .... the cw took the biggest hit we are the squishiest and we figured out how to keep our class in the game .... and tr are not a thing of the past it just takes a little more skill to be a good tr now rather than just spamming an at will and death rains down .....
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    if your a pve player its simple stay out of pvp or.... take the beating till u get pvp gear and stop whining ;)
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
  • finalfantasyac7finalfantasyac7 Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    I've been playing pvp from lv 10 to 70 with my paladin. The perma stun/daze/etc is freaking annoying and should be nerfed 50%. It doesn't matter if its 1v5 paladin or 5v5, you still get stunned/dazed until you die.

Yes, i could buy the elven battle enchant that enchant is piece of sh*t unless you have the rank 12 one and currently not possible to buy one because it's freaking expensive and with the awesome nerf of earning diamonds, this game has become more boring than ever. Devs expect me to buy zen? Ha ! not in 1000K years. The value of zen is not worth the money anymore because 1 zen for 150 ad = not worth the money.

Just give hunters more dps and defense and nerf the stunning/dazing/etc.

• anagramofevilanagramofevil Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    dreadkiss said:

if your a pve player its simple stay out of pvp or.... take the beating till u get pvp gear and stop whining ;)

Full PvP Burning armor set doesn't mitigate HR infinite stunlock. If your class doesn't have an ability for CC immunity, you will just be stunlocked until dead.

Also, everyone is a "PvE player" - you have to PvE to gear for PvP. Unless you want to drop several thousand dollars on the game to skip all of the PvE grinding.
    The stun situation is a bit much tbh but I believe all classes have them to some degree or another.

matches often turn into a case of who has the most stuns which does take the fun out of things somewhat.

• yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User

One other thing is trs that still able to permastealth and throw daggers from stealth being widdled down slowly and never being able to hit your target is trash. If they would fix this mentality the fights would be fair.

A TR can only throw a measly 3 daggers before the fourth one pulls them out of stealth, we're going through weak striking encounters just to get our stealth meter back up. There is no such thing as permanent stealth.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • anagramofevilanagramofevil Member Posts: 22 Arc User

A TR can only throw a measly 3 daggers before the fourth one pulls them out of stealth, we're going through weak striking encounters just to get our stealth meter back up. There is no such thing as permanent stealth.

You're just making excuses again - and using terms like "weak" to make it sound like you're making some big trade-off. Who gives a fvck if your encounters do less damage than Lashing Blade if your foes can never retaliate?

With the right build and rotations, a TR can have effectively permanent stealth during PvP combat. I've had TRs whittle me down while staying invisible the entire time. Sure, I've found them a bunch of times, but they always ITC and run/re-stealth, then rinse/repeat for more whittling.

It's just as broken/overpowered as an HR's infinite dazing root stunlock. Or double-paladins + haste cleric making their entire team invulnerable for the whole match.

It's obvious that the decision-makers at Cryptic don't actually play their own game, nor give two sh!ts about PvP balance, so I don't know why I bother posting (or even continue to play this broken grind masquerading as a game).
  • deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    An "invisible" TR can still be seen, you just need to look a little bit harder.
    edited October 2015

You're just making excuses again - and using terms like "weak" to make it sound like you're making some big trade-off. Who gives a fvck if your encounters do less damage than Lashing Blade if your foes can never retaliate?

With the right build and rotations, a TR can have effectively permanent stealth during PvP combat. I've had TRs whittle me down while staying invisible the entire time. Sure, I've found them a bunch of times, but they always ITC and run/re-stealth, then rinse/repeat for more whittling.

It's just as broken/overpowered as an HR's infinite dazing root stunlock. Or double-paladins + haste cleric making their entire team invulnerable for the whole match.

It's obvious that the decision-makers at Cryptic don't actually play their own game, nor give two sh!ts about PvP balance, so I don't know why I bother posting (or even continue to play this broken grind masquerading as a game).
    You're still following me around? If anything you're the one making excuses, for dying. What is your GT? I want to know every time I kill you in IWD or Dom. I want to make an example out of you and I promise you I don't need to run perma encounters to do it. :)

Post edited by yourenext2die on
  • meliboo#4082 meliboo Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    As a HR...I love how OP we are in PvP lol. But I do admit that for balance purposes, we should not be able to perma stun or anything like that.
  • alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    They nerf our encounter power cds HRs will suck. Shouldn't be able to be impossible to catch TRs. Shouldn't be perma stun HRs either honestly. Eleven battle will help if it's not bugged. What's unfair is how a fully geared HR can loose to GWF or SW in dungeons the only two classes I can't beat if they are good reguardless of there gear. There are so many things wrong with all the classes it's unreal.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
    I talked to a dev recently regarding the deadly reaction with Elven Battle (all ranks) to Thorned Roots and the infinite bleeding and they are aware of it, have been able to reproduce it in testing, and are implementing a plan to correct it. So I am currently building up an Elven for the coming change. It's not the enchantment itself that's broken, it's on the HR's side. Negation is the best for all around PVP, but for legit 1V1 scenarios, I plan to switch over to a Tran Elven against an HR or CW and use the Negation against a GWF etc. The time to wait for a fix is unknown so you can take your time building/acquiring an Elven. I would recommend building both depending on your class and setup.
  • armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I am a HR Pathfinder level 70 can someone tell me when you get this "HR's infinite dazing root stunlock encounter " ....lol

Spamming encounters is what we do and have always done since we reached level 60 in the first Mod so now you want to "nerf" our cooldowns and take away the way a HR plays since day 1 after level 60 ????

I endured a lot of TR, CW and SW killing me in this same helpless manner since day one but rather than whine I figured out a way to compete

Every Class has weak spots
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User

I talked to a dev recently regarding the deadly reaction with Elven Battle (all ranks) to Thorned Roots and the infinite bleeding and they are aware of it, have been able to reproduce it in testing, and are implementing a plan to correct it. So I am currently building up an Elven for the coming change. It's not the enchantment itself that's broken, it's on the HR's side. Negation is the best for all around PVP, but for legit 1V1 scenarios, I plan to switch over to a Tran Elven against an HR or CW and use the Negation against a GWF etc. The time to wait for a fix is unknown so you can take your time building/acquiring an Elven. I would recommend building both depending on your class and setup.

Good insight as to this regarding the Elven Battle enchant it also limits my Into the Fray Buff encounter to one second lol. Making my major team buff utterly useless.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    armwald said:

I am a HR Pathfinder level 70 can someone tell me when you get this "HR's infinite dazing root stunlock encounter " ....lol

Spamming encounters is what we do and have always done since we reached level 60 in the first Mod so now you want to "nerf" our cooldowns and take away the way a HR plays since day 1 after level 60 ????

I endured a lot of TR, CW and SW killing me in this same helpless manner since day one but rather than whine I figured out a way to compete

Every Class has weak spots

Yeah that's what TR's used to say. No serious player wants to nerf the HR colldowns - they want to nerf the permastun. Telling people to stop whining is belittling the opinions of the vast majority (inc a lot of HRs) who say "no class should be able to permastun".

Perma anything is terrible. Maybe as a counter to HR's they should introduce:

Perma-shields for CW & OP
    Perma-ITC for TR
    Perma-Guard for GF
    Perma-Unstoppable for GWF

I think you can see the ridiculousness of a class having a primary ability on permanently when you think of other classes having it too (i.e. not looking at it selfishly).

Speaking of which, perma-bubble when an OP teams with a DC in PvP could also do with a nerf (and yes I also play OP).