test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Couple of things with the space hamster

1. Thank you! I don't want this post to seem ungrateful, so before I mention anything else I want to say it was a very cool contest, and I'm thrilled that I was one of the winners. I am large and I now carry nature's favor with me wherever I go! I sincerely hope you do more contests like these in the future. However, I've noticed a couple of things with my buddy Boo...

2. As of now, the hamster graphic isn't showing up when you use it. When I activate, it looks like my character is just rubbing his two hands together while channeling. Either it's bugged to not show, or Boo decided he didn't want to be giant anymore and is just the extra miniature space hamster. The out of combat heal and regen seem to be working fine though.

3. I wasn't on for very long last night, so I was only able to check twice to make sure it wasn't working......because of the 10 minute cooldown. If we can only use it out of combat, and we have to channel for a length of time to even get it to work, why is there such a long refresh timer? How can I show off this amazing space hamster to my friends when I have to wait 10 minutes every time before I can bring him out again? How can Boo ever go for the eyes?!

4. I was surprised to see it's character bound, and not account. Since we were only able to enter the contest with one character (and disqualified if we entered multiple characters across the same account) I was assuming that the hamster would at least be account bound, and possibly not even bound at all (for those who weren't lucky enough to win, but have a pile of AD to spend like the mystic Phoera's). I guess I understand that it was a reward for that specific character, and is a such a rare item that you don't want it to change hands. But, if that's the case it leads me to......

5. An uncommon item????? How can the minature giant space hamster only be uncommon (green)? An item of this magnitude should obviously be legendary, or rare at a minimum! It's not equipped like an artifact, but goes into your potion tray, so it's not like it has an effect on item score or anything. Boo is outraged! See his fury! It's small, so look close. Trust me, it's there.

Thanks again! Very excited to be one of the winners!

Comments

• worldoffred#4084 worldoffred Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    My only gripe is that the hamster is character bound since my DC that leveled to 70 doesn't really benefit from the hamster's effects. It's still cool that they had a contest for a unique item but an account bound item would have helped my other characters more.
  • cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Regarding number 2 - it does show up when I use it and other people can see it (though they say they can't hear it squeak, but I'm not sure if they're just not listening for it). Have no idea what could be wrong with yours.

My issue is the channelling bar, it gets in the way of Boo!
  • axemthegreataxemthegreat Member Posts: 31 Arc User

Regarding number 2 - it does show up when I use it and other people can see it (though they say they can't hear it squeak, but I'm not sure if they're just not listening for it). Have no idea what could be wrong with yours.

Thanks. I'll check again tonight. I only logged in to collect my VIP rewards last night and saw that I was one of the lucky winners, so I had to try him out. I was in the busier section of CK in IWD so lag could have been a possibility. I only got to try twice because of the cooldown and I wasn't staying on long enough to mess around with it.

• randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Will there be an official post with all the winners?
    Or is it just in-game mail only winners receive?
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • axemthegreataxemthegreat Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    You don't get anything in game. You'll get a message on Xbox Live saying congrats, and that the item will appear in your inventory later. If you missed the XBL message there isn't any other notification other than a hamster showing up in one of your bags. =)
  • thurstonhowellthurstonhowell Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Not sure why no one can hear yours. Mine makes lots of noise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IF770YbDmQ
    Bourbon - OP/GWF/SW/CW [The Legendary Outlaws]
  • cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    I can hear mine. Other people can't.
  • acridbird74acridbird74 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I got a Boo! Thank you to the developers and everyone for the giveaway! It is a treasure and I've been using him often since I got him. I absolutely love the additional 500 regeneration, and the extra heals. It is a great gift to have and I find my health goes up so fast now when out of combat. No pots or fires needed any more when resting.

I thought I could see Boo ... and I can definitely hear him, but only when wearing my headset.

To me it makes sense to have Boo character bound because it was initially a reward for the first 70 characters to 70. The developers listened to feedback that there would be exploits, and they changed the rules to make it a drawing with entries. That was very cool of them to do that.

Also, the contest rules included the Boo tooltip, which clearly stated that Boo was bind on pickup.

You were correct on the rule that clearly said only one character per account would be allowed. But the bind on pickup rule was there too. Sorry you didn't get it on the character you wanted, though.
    Aelwyn | SS Renegade CW | Lv 70 | ilvl 3029

Eos Sindhalyn | Annointed haste DC | Lv 70 | ilvl 2500

Lily Firegrass | buffbot Iron Vanguard GF | Lv 70 | ilvl 2685

Guild: The Misfit Toys - We are recruiting active players
  • eviana13eviana13 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hi all! This news is new to me. I have haven't had problem with my Boo! He so adorable and I can see and hear him and so can other adventurers! I still can't believe I won this little guy. He's a life saver.. Literally! Thank you again developers for the awesome gift!
    Post edited by eviana13 on
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    I'd love to see and hear him but I didn't win one, next time hopefully.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    It's not fair! I didn't even know there was a contest. It's not fair. I want a space hamster too! It's not fair.

/growsup

Never mind. I'm mature now. GRATZ to the winners!!! \o/

What did the winners name theirs? It's a shame others can't see what we name our companions.
  • acridbird74acridbird74 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Well, it isn't really a companion. It's an equipped item in one of your potion slots. So, I didn't get a chance to name it. But I do pet it!
    Aelwyn | SS Renegade CW | Lv 70 | ilvl 3029

Eos Sindhalyn | Annointed haste DC | Lv 70 | ilvl 2500

Lily Firegrass | buffbot Iron Vanguard GF | Lv 70 | ilvl 2685

Guild: The Misfit Toys - We are recruiting active players
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    As an idea next time maybe devs could give everyone who participated some prize (e.g. a "trial" version of Boo which expires after 7 days).
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • friedricearonifriedricearoni Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    bagoat said:

What did the winners name theirs? It's a shame others can't see what we name our companions.

I named mine Chopsticks Serenity Wolfe, but I just call her Chopsticks (yes, she has a full name #dontjudgeme). I love her and she's awesome! The +500 regen is nice too.

Oh and so far I haven't had any issues with mine. I hear her squeak and see her when I pet her every 10 minutes. I do agree that I found it strange that she was a green uncommon item, considering that there are only 70 in existence...but that's merely an observation rather than a complaint. I'm just super excited and happy I won one!

twitch.tv/thefriedricearoni
    Promoted Neverwinter Streamer <3
    author/editor on fraghero.com
    twitter.com/friedricearoni