test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Strongholds Coming to Xbox One on November 3!

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2015 in News & Announcements

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Crumble.

How much PvE content is in there?
  • Options
    elikenuielikenui Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Crumble, definitely.
  • Options
    zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    @Cactusjack There's the dragonflight eventin the SH zone, HE's in the stronghold zone and a short daily quest in the Stronghold zone that's all the new PVE content there is, the rest of the stronghold content is go to x campaign complete 3 quests there for shards of Adventure or go to x dungeon and for dungeoneering shards.
  • Options
    cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    Cool cool, as long as it's not just PvP then I'll be happy.
  • Options
    batdriven#5792 batdriven Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    I will happily crumble, lol
    <- not a PvP person XD
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    I will say this as a PC player who is mainly PVE not PVP there is more content and grind on the PVE side than there is on the PVP side, definitely initially, if you're in a like minded guild, . The cost of upgrading the stronghold is massive and you'll need to do PVE content before the PVP buildings become available. If you aren't in a like minded guild, I just gotta ask "Why are you in that guild?"
  • Options
    kishengajjarkishengajjar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    This is too much content way too soon. People are still getting to grips with mod 6 (some of my guild have even taken a hiatus from the game because of it).

As someone who works in the industry, I can understand the benefits of a cross platform unified code base, but dumping all of this content on us without a roadmap is as good as drowning the players. People don't know what to do anymore.

The PC and Xbox development timelines should be roadmapped to reach a convergence point by a future date...something that makes sense, gives time to players to absorb the content, and developers to refine their code. Seriously, I'm happy to talk someone through this if it helps. I do this for a living.
  • Options
    pbrand45pbrand45 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Yay new artifact weapon and offhand !
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    pbrand45 said:

In about 4 - 6 months.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Meh....
    Hate pvp.
    And given the gear upgrade path, apart from stuff we must refine the ever living out of...is unclear. Least for I'm looking for in cw gear and then this?
    Meh..
  • Options
    hipranger1hipranger1 Member Posts: 42 Arc User

Meh....

Hate pvp.

And given the gear upgrade path, apart from stuff we must refine the ever living out of...is unclear. Least for I'm looking for in cw gear and then this?

Meh..

I used to feel the same about PvP. Then I started doing it for the campaign. Got some PvP armor and suddenly I started being able to hold my own in a fight. Suddenly much more fun. And you will want PvP gear for the guild vs guild content at least.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    pbrand45 said:

Not until guild hall rank 16 :|

kreatyve said:

pbrand45 said:

In about 4 - 6 months.
    If you've got a full guild of people that consistently hit all the upgrades right on time. AD prices for upgrades are going to be whale exclusive on xbox probably too. Afaik their zax rate is 115-150:1 :|

Can't imagine what their AH prices are like but most of the good ways to make AD must look like pennies when you're looking SH upgrade prices.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Post edited by yourenext2die on
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    @hipranger1 I appreciate the kind words, but pvp always felt as if I was playing against someone else's credit card...and through observation and inspecting that seems to be how things are. I've yet to see anyone with mythic who isn't a big pvp'r. Im sure per capita they outspend the pve folks hence why cryptic is putting out pvp centric expansions. I'm just kinda bummed. Mmo's can be really fun, particularly when they have an end game and honestly neverwinter seems to think pvp is an end game. I disagree. End game = raids. Real raids. That's what would make me seek out a guild. Because presently I just stay in the guild I'm in to avoid getting spammed with invites.

You know it seemed as if neverwinter was so spot on when they released. Sure it was a bit easy mode, and Zergy, but it just needed a little tuning. The addition of complex raids. This feels like a complete about face. I suppose it's easier to set the players against themselves than making content.
    Meh..
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    This should have been a Mid-December release to at least let us have time to actually do the large amount of content (with timegates) before making our new obsolete or not as good.
  • Options
    kclowekclowe Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    The real question is why do i keep playing? Its started off as a fun PVE and soon all that will be left is PVP. I feel like i been hornswaggled here. The old bait and switch. Get me invested and loving one game only to slowly turn it into another concept all together. Wheres all the fun dungeons and skirmishes? All thats left is exploit cheats. Wheres the economy gone? The neverwinter streets are getting grimy out there. Any got some AD so a brotha can eat today?
  • Options
    treefq#6477 treefq Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Half way through november and I will be hammering on those pesky rebels. Of course the empire will need put down also...
  • Options
    Amazing how you can go from being unable to wait to log in every day, spending countless hours, and more than a few dollars...then suddenly, with a few announcements...many of us are wondering what the next mmo to hit Xbox will be. It's a shame as I really do enjoy investing in one game, and pursuing it.. Suppose I should have read the PC forums. They really are illustrative of a dying game...but figuring stuff out is fun hence my reluctance. I'm still playing, but venturing over to the PC side yesterday was a stark eye opener.
    Meh
  • Options
    dreampagehundreampagehun Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    What level of PvE can we expect? I ask because at level 70 and almost no chance of getting better gear, for me Dread Ring (LVL 72) and Icewind Dale (LVL 73) are simply out of the question. I can't complete a single quest there. I can only do Sharandar. So what can we expect with Stronghold content? LVL 74 enemies?
    Guardian Fighter | Total Item Level: 2600+
  • Options
    Actualy they're 70 on the SH map
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    A few tips for the xbox player.

Join a guild with 100 active players, or you will greatly loose interest in the game, and waste your hard won resources.
    Plus, start saving AD, blue/purple stuff starting from now. Farm and purify a hugh amount of black ice because it will provide you some purple stuff to help your guild.

And more over, stay united.

• Options
    fatpobfatpob Member Posts: 41 Arc User

Join a guild with 100 active players,

Are there many of them left, a lot of people seem to have disappeared since mod 6. The "casual" community seems dead, with very few people about anymore.
  • Options
    whiteghost#6888 whiteghost Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I see a lot of people on there all the time. I don't know what you guys are talking about.
  • Options
    uncagedwaruncagedwar Member Posts: 6 Arc User

This is too much content way too soon. People are still getting to grips with mod 6 (some of my guild have even taken a hiatus from the game because of it).

As someone who works in the industry, I can understand the benefits of a cross platform unified code base, but dumping all of this content on us without a roadmap is as good as drowning the players. People don't know what to do anymore.

The PC and Xbox development timelines should be roadmapped to reach a convergence point by a future date...something that makes sense, gives time to players to absorb the content, and developers to refine their code. Seriously, I'm happy to talk someone through this if it helps. I do this for a living.

can you walk them through fixing the economy they just trashed and load balancing the servers that seem to be getting worse by the day? please...
    While you're at it I'm pretty sure they have a huge memory leak which needs to be addressed as well oh and the complete lack of customer support is really disturbing. Anything you can do????
    Thanks man
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    You will get Mod 8 by the end of February, i guarantee it ;)