test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Golem in the event, how many time will i have to do it?

destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
Seriously this is getting ridiculous... 78 times... thats a freaking lot, and still no Golem... While i see people parading with them all the time... Am i that unlucky or there some special trick? I am getting rank 5 enchantements and other nice enough stuff to justify doing the event, and its not a bad event, its quick, not hard, ennemies don't bug like the other one for the blue fire weapons and such (that one i got tired of it after like 15 times...)

But still... 78 times... can i expect by a 100 i will have finally get it??

Comments

• bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    I haven't logged on yet today so I don't exactly know what event you're referring to. I'll be home soon and hopefully it's a COD (I like to get weapon transmutes from them).
    If so, most likely, (and, as always, I could be wrong but...) the people you see with the mounts used a "trick" to get it.
    When you enter certain events/instances, you can look in you Journal and it will show you the reward you will receive. If people want the mount and do not see it as their reward, they will either leave and try again later or will leave instance and re-enter in order to "reset" the reward.

Maybe o/. :)
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    One meeeeeelllleeeeeeoooonnnnnn times..

-I'm sorry man, rng hates me too.
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Thats a skirmish event... Call to Arms where you beat a Giant at the end. So more or less i can see right away if ill unlock the Golem or not and if not, all i have to do is just quit and reload one? Its all legal to do that? I mean i won't be penalized for quiting or anything? (Sorry im a shooter type of guy lol)

Cause i mean i wanna be fair play and all... but at some point its ridiculous to not get it. I even manage to finish first once and im a tank... :open_mouth: not like im not trying.
    Bare in mind, as I said I could be wrong in what peeps are doing but, as far as I've seen it discussed on these forums, looking in Journal to see reward is not a "glitch" and so is not "punishable". With that in mind, it can be argued that leaving an instance and re-entering is "bad form" since the rest of the group may or may not need to wait for you to be ready.
  • dreadvenemousdreadvenemous Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    I've gotten 4 of the golems so far. I gave one to a buddy and two to my guild. If I get any more, I'll save them and sell them on the AH after they become scarce. Just to put things in perspective, if you don't get one from the skirmish, they're selling for less than 30k right now.
    hum yeah well doing this seem to work to change the rewards... I feel cheap doing so but at some point its only a 3 days event and i have done it fully 80 times now, wich is way too much ... im kinda annoyed by it now, even tough its not a bad event like i said. But doing the same stuff all over again and again is just way too annoying.

I mean if the Golem was like uber strong and really a game changing, i could see it being that rare, but some people said its not even that good... so cmon now. Its purely esthetical...

I've gotten 4 of the golems so far. I gave one to a buddy and two to my guild. If I get any more, I'll save them and sell them on the AH after they become scarce. Just to put things in perspective, if you don't get one from the skirmish, they're selling for less than 30k right now.

Hum yeah i would like to get him trough the event, just because... well because... 81 times now !!!! LOL

But i may have a look and get one from the AH tough soon if it does not give me one... even doing the journal thing is mind numbling...

actually ... wow, i was doing the journal thing... got tired... bough one on the AH... decided to do one last for the form... look at journal...enchantement rank 4...

Bah... i decide to do it anyway... and what happen?? Golem at the end... so basically you can't see if you gonna get it it seem...

So now i have 2... lol but i paid 25K ... so well... not like it broke me...
    Since I tried to give you good advice, you should give one of the golems to me.
    Just a thought.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    where does it show up in your journal? I don't see it in there.
    bagoat said:

Since I tried to give you good advice, you should give one of the golems to me.

Just a thought.

Since the advice was wrong tough, i guess ill keep it :pensive:

Lol in all seriousness, i hope you where joking, those damn thing are hard to come buy, at least trying to get them the normal way. I will admit i was surprise to see one go for 25K on the AH, its not too expensive, so if you want to get one... But I currently only have 96K AD , im not rolling on money to be honest. I started NW kinda late, and it showed sadly, when they made the update with the expension, i was just a little over my level 60, so i never had time to farm anything ... my leadership is still only Lev 15, its tough to balance advancing it and making AD at the same time (as making AD usually give less XP in the profession)

Anyway sorry ill keep it but thanks for having tried on the advice.

Thefire : You have to go on the quest to see the possible rewards, but as i said the Golem actually does not appear... cause i would had seen it.

• vapezuluvapezulu Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Did it 60+ times with my lvl 70 GF with no luck.
    Switched to my lvl 8 pally and got one on the first attempt. Talk about dumb luck.
  • badmrfrostyxxxbadmrfrostyxxx Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Got it on my 2nd try, gotta love RNG :smiley:

Got it on my 2nd try, gotta love RNG :smiley:

Now that i have 2 of them i feel relive, i do the event when i want, at the rythme i want, and have more fun. But really as much as i am pissed of having tried so much due to the fact its only 25 000, i am kinda glad tough that i got that much enchantements and all, really helped during double refine...
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    destrowod said:

Thats a skirmish event... Call to Arms where you beat a Giant at the end. So more or less i can see right away if ill unlock the Golem or not and if not, all i have to do is just quit and reload one? Its all legal to do that? I mean i won't be penalized for quiting or anything? (Sorry im a shooter type of guy lol)

Cause i mean i wanna be fair play and all... but at some point its ridiculous to not get it. I even manage to finish first once and im a tank... :open_mouth: not like im not trying.

someone told me that the golem drops on average about 250 skirmish times u need to do

Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
    Wow 250 times... thats WAAAAYYY too much, thats beyond ridiculous. Thanksfully it was under 100 for me. Thats a mystery to me it sell for only 25 to 30K...
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    destrowod said:

Wow 250 times... thats WAAAAYYY too much, thats beyond ridiculous. Thanksfully it was under 100 for me. Thats a mystery to me it sell for only 25 to 30K...

well that's what i heard base on other ppl feedback when i send them a tell, i was grinding the skirmish for AD since toons that is above lv 62 can't participate in skirmish and only dungeon

Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • ideathlyomenideathlyomen Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I did it enough for the gwf greatsword and paladin shield and mace, got one golem on both characters.
    GWF - Morthos Lvl 70 (Main)
    OP - Hodor Lvl 70
  • fastandfrivolousfastandfrivolous Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Got golem on 9th time through. Straight to auction so I can scrape up enough AD to get one more GMOP while the refining event is still on ;)
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    I had like approx 140 runs on my main, got me 5 golems.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • treefq#6477 treefq Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Wow. I only got one and it was last night about 30 min before I was calling it quits. But now my ice wizard has a cool storyline pet
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Ha I wish I could show you guys how the RNG has been awful for me since day 1. I have 1300-1400hrs gameplay time now and done so many CTA events, I have never seen a Companion drop from any CTA event, I also have never ever seen an Artefact of any kind drop from anywhere.

I think probably 300-400 lockboxes and nothing better than a rank 7 rune (maybe 1 or 2 rank 8`s)... hmmmm Artefact off-hand power I needed was the last one to unlock etc etc... I could go on all day ha ha :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    The golem is picky.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Ha ha quality :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe