test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's the point in GF now?

chaosbringer007chaosbringer007 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Slow, shield is useless... What is the point of a GF now? Aggro, they find you, you die 1 hit...

Comments

• Options
    codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    The DC should have his/her eye on you the whole time of your running dungeons.
  • Options
    chaosbringer007chaosbringer007 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hardly anyone played DC now lol
  • Options
    codher0codher0 Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    Why do you say that? I see them everywhere especially in pvp
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    My DC is built for dps and is v.useful in pvp but I doubt I'll get much welcome in dungeons due to class snobbery.

I usually kill an equal IL of most dps classes in pvp due to the DC armour class & buff/debuff mechanics of my skills but you know what most dungeon pugs are like, 90% of them are just too ignorant to understand this fact.

I've seen GF's are mostly switching to a dps role too - especially in pvp. They've definitely had a buff and are probably the most dangerous class for me in a 1v1 (assuming they're built correctly).

I think if you reorient your character to an armoured dps build - going for ArP / Crit instead of the old Power/Defence, you may be surprised by how much fun you'll have ;)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    apathy408apathy408 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Guardian fighter is still very very relevant. Unlike the paladin I take your damage all the time. Not when I decide to pop a daily. Slower yes but nothing that can't be solved with a few boons and dark enchants in utility slots. To be perfectly honest I feel like the shield works better on a gf also but maybe that's just because most Paladins I've seen still don't understand their class. Regardless I choose to hope that one day the gf will get a temporary hp move. When that day comes I shall make you post a thread called "what's the point in the op now?"
  • Options
    rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    I stacking ap for dmg immunity and deflect where i can, holding out really well, and i just use a lesser negation atm. Also no one even GF can exspect to stand in red anymore, so dodge if you can on bosses.

At anyrate im still loving GF hehe
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    What's the Point? Buff Bot Meat Shield. Has this changed in you opinion of us Guardian Fighters? I am only geared with alliance gear and my group is running eCC and eToS no problem. "I" pull every mob, kite to a huddle and sit /stab / slam. Easy. I keep them alive they keep me alive. If you have a hero in the group pulling mob this becomes harder due to our speed and getting into position shield down with KV on. Also Its not the shield that's slow its the player knowing where to position themselves. I drive my healer crazy with the movement I have in encounters with ITF on. He asks why I move so much? The answer is we are all still alive aren't we? I love the difficulty we face now in dungeons, finally a challenge! Good Luck and Guard on!

Full Metal Witch
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I you guys wanna know what's the point of a GF in the group I'll say only one thing - ITF.

If you don't understand what this buff gives to the party (each member of the party) than you're missing quite a lot of advantage that you could have.

Well geared GF will not only protect your asses from being killed, it will also boost your performance immensely via ITF.

I don't really get the "slow" thing. Who cares the GF is the slowest? I mean really? it's not a F1/NASCAR race if we want speed and gallop through the dungeon we would all be TR's right? Oh and BTW, did I mention that Into The Fray also boosts your movement speed? So there goes the argument.

So yeah...GF, even if in a few departments totally outclassed by (OP) OP, is still a great tank and party buffer.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    xrollxtidexxrollxtidex Member Posts: 124 Arc User

Slow, shield is useless... What is the point of a GF now? Aggro, they find you, you die 1 hit...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8dVw4l_kpQ
    Roll Tide : Guardian Fighter
    ASYLUM
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Yep that's what I meant. I'm glad I'm not one of the victims on there - lol!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    That video was awesome. Only rocking a Full Grim set thus far and finding a lot of people run from us now. Only falling in a 1 v 3,4,5 encounter the mechanics are so simple me as a GF and its just so satisfying dropping an anvil on head after being stun spammed for 15 seconds.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    zman81420 said:

That video was awesome. Only rocking a Full Grim set thus far and finding a lot of people run from us now. Only falling in a 1 v 3,4,5 encounter the mechanics are so simple me as a GF and its just so satisfying dropping an anvil on head after being stun spammed for 15 seconds.

Thank you. What is exciting (or scary depending on viewpoint) is that in that video I am only in blue level 15 artifact equipment and all 4 of my artifacts are only level 60 epics. I've been waiting... desperately waiting.. for double RP. I have been saving for the past 2 months. And soon... very soon the monster will start to emerge.

I have enough on me to:
    -take my perfect negation to trans (10>12)
    -my greater vorpal to perfect (9>10)
    -take my main to legendary (15>60)
    -take my neck to legendary (15>60)
    -take my belt to legendary (15>60)
    -my off hand to at least epic but probably higher (15>~35)
    -my wheel from epic to mythic (60>140)
    -my lantern from epic to mythic (60>140)
    -my horn from epic to legendary (60>105)
    -my book/dead from epic to legendary (60>105)

And then I still have tons of RP for just enchantments. Unfortunately my choice in enchantments are the most expensive ones out there and I have to make them all myself. I'll be happy if I can get them all to rank 8/9's.

http://xboxclips.com/xROLLxTIDEx/ef3a6948-a747-444e-b338-21ec74b66239
    ASYLUM
  • Options
    I've been grinding to get an eye of the Lathander artifact for PVE dungeons been a struggle 0/29. I see you are a Swordmaster path. Are you predominate in conq? I have been debating switch from IV to SM just for steel defense alone.
    If you prefer to not share I understand. PM either here or my GT is my Forum name. Always interested on how others tank to compare notes as we are a small percentage of players. I have a stock pile of RP as well just bursting from the seems and would be nice to loosen up space sometime this decade.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    zman81420 said:

I've been grinding to get an eye of the Lathander artifact for PVE dungeons been a struggle 0/29. I see you are a Swordmaster path. Are you predominate in conq? I have been debating switch from IV to SM just for steel defense alone.

If you prefer to not share I understand. PM either here or my GT is my Forum name. Always interested on how others tank to compare notes as we are a small percentage of players. I have a stock pile of RP as well just bursting from the seems and would be nice to loosen up space sometime this decade.

For starters, I'm not a tank. I'm a glass cannon. I have zero desire to tank dungeons.

IV and SM are both good. I like both. It comes down to playstyle and what you want to accomplish, how you want to play. Do you want threatening rush/frontline surge/trample the fallen or weapons master strike/flourish/steel defense/Crescendo. Threatening rush is OP and switching from IV to SM you will be giving up your at-will gap closer. If you are dependent upon threatening rush then you will sorely miss it if you switch to SM. It's my personal opinion that SM has a higher burst than IV. The trade off for me personally is Threatening Rush/Frontline surge or Crescendo/Steel defense.
    ASYLUM
  • Options

Those are crazy numbers, i only see those numbers on my sw in pvp when fighting under geared players, explains why i cant seem to kill my tank buddy in 1v1, he has been teaching me how to fight you guys now tho, even so, i try to avoid guardian fighters.

Here's a 224k crit.

http://xboxclips.com/xROLLxTIDEx/25044c31-cb3e-4d95-9ce3-544900d1ce53
    ASYLUM
  • Options
    DOUBLE RP IS HERE!

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    GF have 1 of the best burst dps in this mode, on my tr love fighting alongside gf in pvp =)
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
  • Options
    > For starters, I'm not a tank. I'm a glass cannon. I have zero desire to tank dungeons.
    >
    > IV and SM are both good. I like both. It comes down to playstyle and what you want to accomplish, how you want to play. Do you want threatening rush/frontline surge/trample the fallen or weapons master strike/flourish/steel defense/Crescendo. Threatening rush is OP and switching from IV to SM you will be giving up your at-will gap closer. If you are dependent upon threatening rush then you will sorely miss it if you switch to SM. It's my personal opinion that SM has a higher burst than IV. The trade off for me personally is Threatening Rush/Frontline surge or Crescendo/Steel defense.

Yeah it appeared as such but you have high survivability in PvP which is nice, I watched another video of yours which featured you in IV. SM seems much more viable for me to run on both sides of the table than IV. Man a few of those hits, lmao just melted people to nothing. I'll have to try frontline surge vs. lunging strike for the added stun. Threatening rush is nice for closing distances I agree on, but enjoy Tides of iron for the stamina and DR. I likes seeing you use of ITF in rotation for gap closing too will have to experiment with it. Kudos, fun to watch the fear sink in after bull rush. GO GREEN V4MSU

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    djionicsxb1djionicsxb1 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    lol Roll Tide, you are a great GF and have the higher end stats, but 90% of the time (if not more) you run around in a pre-made group so the chance of you getting the kills/backup/debuffs etc etc all help stack up the chance that you are on the winning side due to these advantages.

I have a different play style and couldnt get on with swords like you have. You was a IV before mod 6 if I recall and so you know what I mean. I love that I have more survive ability (due to the AOE's - frontline surge is one I cant do without when solo PVE). I still enjoy my IV hybrid build and still work on getting my PWR/crit/armpen up to further the true burst strength from my IV build.

To any new GF it really does come down to what you want to do, who and what you will be doing (ie solo pve/ dungeons or PVP) your own play style and what you want from this game to make it enjoyable.

In the right group and powers/setup we out damage everyone other than a paladin in dungeons ;)
  • Options
    zman81420 said:

Yeah it appeared as such but you have high survivability in PvP which is nice, I watched another video of yours which featured you in IV. SM seems much more viable for me to run on both sides of the table than IV. Man a few of those hits, lmao just melted people to nothing. I'll have to try frontline surge vs. lunging strike for the added stun. Threatening rush is nice for closing distances I agree on, but enjoy Tides of iron for the stamina and DR. I likes seeing you use of ITF in rotation for gap closing too will have to experiment with it. Kudos, fun to watch the fear sink in after bull rush. GO GREEN V4MSU

I was IV last mod due to the nightmare that were TR's in PvP. Frontline Surge was absolutely necessary for me last mod as a way to hit perma stealth TR's. I was also able to one rotation kill many enemies as an IV with a rotation of Bull Charge>Frontline Surge>Terrifying Impact>Anvil.

This mod, TR's are not the nightmare that they were and as a GF we match up pretty well against the TR's. I no longer need Frontline Surge so IV is no longer as good to me as before. I wish I had Threatening rush as a SM, but it is what it is. Crescendo is AMAZING.
    ASYLUM
  • Options

lol Roll Tide, you are a great GF and have the higher end stats, but 90% of the time (if not more) you run around in a pre-made group so the chance of you getting the kills/backup/debuffs etc etc all help stack up the chance that you are on the winning side due to these advantages.

I have a different play style and couldnt get on with swords like you have. You was a IV before mod 6 if I recall and so you know what I mean. I love that I have more survive ability (due to the AOE's - frontline surge is one I cant do without when solo PVE). I still enjoy my IV hybrid build and still work on getting my PWR/crit/armpen up to further the true burst strength from my IV build.

To any new GF it really does come down to what you want to do, who and what you will be doing (ie solo pve/ dungeons or PVP) your own play style and what you want from this game to make it enjoyable.

In the right group and powers/setup we out damage everyone other than a paladin in dungeons ;)

It is probably closer to 100% of the time that I am in a pre-made group. ASYLUM is a clan that I helped form back on Mechassault, the orginal xbox live launch game back in 2000. The 5 guys that formed our guild in Neverwinter on launch day have all played together 10+ years. I doubt that there are very many other people who have this advantage. But this an advantage that I have built over years of my life.

This is video of a clan match from mechassault 2 on the original xbox. ASYLUM vs The Fallen. I'm Jefferson Davis in this video. Memphis (Sexual Chocolate), Panik (Lost Apotheosis) Jon (Abaddon) in this video are all founding members of ASYLUM in Neverwinter and we have moved from game to game together over the past 10+ years. I thought our group should go play Smite. Panik wanted to play Neverwinter. I'm playing Neverwinter for them. I'm a GF so I could tank dungeons for them. We are a tight knit group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QSsKpcE3bA
    ASYLUM
  • Options
    ASYLUM