test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Monsters Pen in Dungeons

radix4257radix4257 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 190 Arc User
Has anyone else noticed the pen for monsters, especially archers, in dungeons has reverted to the way it used to be before they fixed it a few weeks back? Myself and my teammates are getting one shotted again and the Bosses ranged attacks are far worse. I did not see anything in the patch notes about a roll back to previous stats. Well Devs, did you mess up and make the monsters pen deadly again?

Comments opinions, observations.......

Comments

• Options
    valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • Options
    karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    Monster can also make a Critical Hit with their attacks. Maybe you are unlucky.

The attackrange of melee attacks got double since module 6.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • Options
    inyawayupdeepinyawayupdeep Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 206 Arc User
    I've noticed it but I don't think it happens all the time, the worst I've been one shotted lately was in drake pen in WOD oddly enough.
  • Options
    accountwide#8954 accountwide Member Posts: 1 New User
    They do appear to be hitting harder than before.
  • Options
    nathanjmnathanjm Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Running eTOS last night, it appeared that my greater stone of health did nothing. Just after being resurrected by a DC, I was 20-25% health. I used a greater stone of health -- the cooldown time started, the number went down. But, my health remained at 20-25%, as if it did nothing. This happened 2-3 times. What a waste of zen :(
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    nathanjm said:

Running eTOS last night, it appeared that my greater stone of health did nothing. Just after being resurrected by a DC, I was 20-25% health. I used a greater stone of health -- the cooldown time started, the number went down. But, my health remained at 20-25%, as if it did nothing. This happened 2-3 times. What a waste of zen :(

This is hardly restricted to the stone of health, or even just (healing) potions. There are certain periods of an animation sequence where you are allowed to activate powers/potions/etc., but when you do they will have no effect other than to (potentially) waste charges and initiate cooldown. Many times has my TR used a potion right after a dodge to wasted effect (cooldown activates), or tried to smoke bomb to no effect (cooldown not initiated, but animation and sound played on the failure). Now I have to train myself to wait a short delay until the roll animation is completely finished and I've entered into "normal" animations. Similarly when you are rez'd, you have to wait a little bit for that "rez'd" animation to finish to actually get anything achieved. And this is, also, hardly new. It's been going on for quite some time.

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I have not noticed any changes and I run a ton of dungeons (6 hours a day worth).
  • Options
    romotheoneromotheone Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 729 Arc User
    eCC last boss also seems to have a weird pattern now. Seems more random.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

i have noticed it too but randomly...in elOl, last boss sometime start hitting like a truck, over 1M dmgs, no sense at all!

In other words, the end game is:
    Disregard defense. Acquire offense.

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Did the devs mistakenly undo the fix to stacking armpen?

I haven't noticed it too often, but every once in a while, for example, an eCC enforcer will one-shot for 98k with just that small jab punch (not telegraphed at all).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    lldtlldt Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

Many times has my TR used a potion right after a dodge to wasted effect (cooldown activates), or tried to smoke bomb to no effect (cooldown not initiated, but animation and sound played on the failure). Now I have to train myself to wait a short delay until the roll animation is completely finished and I've entered into "normal" animations.

Makes perfect sense. You're in the middle of dodging, so that potion that was headed for your mouth goes straight over your head. I suspect that stone of health is just a name. They're probably some kind of holy wafers that you have to eat.

Seriously though, seems kind of lazy that dev made this simply "ignore all effects" rather than "ignore all NEGATIVE effects"

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

It may be that they made the enemies hit harder due to the QQ by certain players that the game is too easy.

Jeez I hate that. This is supposed to be an MMORPG, not Dark Souls. If you want Dark Souls - go play #*&*()I(* Dark Souls. That's what it's there for.

Oh wait. Sorry. I forgot.

You can't BUY your way to success in that game.

Nevermind.