test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Guardian Fighter Damage Intake Anomolies

benneffectbenneffect Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited October 2015 in The Guard Barracks
Since the new update and content has come into effect, I, and a few friends playing GFs, have notice a a very frustrating problem. The problem is massive differences in damage received from attacks, usually in dungeons. Specifically, we are occasionally killed in one hit; while running full feat valor (increase damage resistance by 40%), with our shields up and facing the attack. For instance the scorpions claw attack in Lostmauth usually hits me for 3-6k while performing the above stated actions. But, once in a while the same scenario will play out, with me taking 109,000 or so points with of damage (ALL of my health).After pulling up the combat log, I saw that the original hits on these are supposedly 21,000 damage or less, but get "mitigated" to an number scores higher. This is happening even when we are not debuffed. This needs fixed, ASAP. Has anyone else been seeing issues like this?
Post edited by benneffect on

Comments

• Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    A GF in my guild has had no problem and she wears the alliance gear. Not sure what it does for GF, but she tanks both scorpions no problem. Either you are glitch, have bad gear, your messing up, or something. But I can't tell you how she tanks both, I don't have a GF.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    Alliance gear, can also tank both. Once in a while I'll do something dumb and get hit, and it's of no consequence. But it isn't just scorpions, and not just me. Like I said above, the combat log will show the damage gets "mitigated" to be higher damage, instead of lower. My GF friend and have also received larger amounts of damage from valor absorption than the originating player character received. We haven't investigated the log on I yet.

Gear is aliance, with elemental alliance helm, damage resistance boosted to 72% by valor (unsure of soft/hard caps), 109.k hp, 8,183 defense, facing ONE enemy who kills me in one hit through my raised shield.
    Post edited by benneffect on
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    @benneffect Yea, I run with my friend and her GF a lot. She has not said she noticed anything strange. I can ask her though to see. Wish I could tell you right now, but she is not on. It does sound like a very odd bug.
  • Options
    fullmetalwitchfullmetalwitch Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    My Main GF is having a blast this MOD. Been Burning through eLOL and eCC. TiL of 2300, One shots certainly do exist but so does a shield and stamina management even with KV up all times. I do get hit hard kiting a scorpion if I make a mistake but never enough to one shot me. ITF should keep your distance well away from scorpion. As far as tanking both scorpions with KV is not so much a challenge to survive but to keep my guildies out of the red lol. I would say a swipe from one scorpion unguarded is knocking me down about 80-90k HP from what I have seen.
  • Options
    boatmanfall3nboatmanfall3n Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    It may be worth checking the pc forums. I believe there is a damage resist or AC bug during this mod.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    During mod 6, us on the PC side had a bug that caused monsters to sometimes ignore our damage resistance (DR). This was fixed 1 week into mod 7, but for the entirety of mod 6, you going to have to live with monsters sometimes 1 shotting you.
  • Options
    deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Are you sure that bug wasn't fixed for xbox too? Since when the changes to difficulty were implementated to pc (half health of mobs etc) the same patches were applied for when mod 6 hit xbox. Or was it patched on pc after then?
  • Options
    deanblockley89deanblockley89 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Does explain a lot I must say. Clerics who use foresight and empowered astral shield are not noticing any difference when archers etc in crypts one shot even the better geared classes
  • Options
    rockstargfurockstargfu Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Be releasing a guide most likely, but at 2100 IL and 120k hp i held my own in T2s, now geared from dbl RP i can take a truckload, and boost DPS crazy ammounts, while debuffin enemy hits 45%
  • Options
    Also to note, KV DR is broken
  • Options
    whuchakawhuchaka Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    There is a bug, basically PC had it also till strongholds came out where every once in awhile your damage resistance + temporary boosts to damage resistance such as bull rush/negation will multiple damage taken the wrong way. A example of this is...

I go to aggro a Lumbering hulk in epic cragmiore crypts. I currently have 42% DR another temporary 30% DR from negation, and I mark + bullrush (another temp 50% DR) to get threat on him as quickly as possible. He turns and smacks me before I have shield up for 100k but the bug kicks in and now instead of the 100k being reduced by my damage resistance+ temporary damage resistance it gets multiplied by 122% so I take 222k in a single blow.

This is what is happening and very easy to test using scorpions or brute mobs in well of dragon/t2 dungeons.

This leaves a lot of people asking what the heck I am doing lol and tell me how to tank :p
  • Options
    thesigilbearerthesigilbearer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    > @benneffect said:
    > Since the new update and content has come into effect, I, and a few friends playing GFs, have notice a a very frustrating problem. The problem is massive differences received from attacks, usually in dungeons. Specifically, we are occasionally killed in one hit; while running full feat valor (increase damage resistance by 40%), with our shields up and facing the attack. For instance the scorpions claw attack in Lostmauth usually hits me for 3-6k while performing the above stated actions. But, once in a while the same scenario will play out, with me taking 109,000 or so points with of damage (ALL of my health).After pulling up the combat log, I saw that the original hits on these are supposedly 21,000 damage or less, but get "mitigated" to an number scores higher. This is happening even when we are not debuffed. This needs fixed, ASAP. Has anyone else been seeing issues like this?

I believe that Knight's Valor is glitched and not working properly. Tried using in a max damage resistance build and its like my armor class and damage resistance doesn't even work even with shield guard up. I took Knight's Valor off my load out and the one shots stopped instantly and my spec seems to be working now.

It was definitely aggravating getting one shot with a encounter that's supposed to provide 30% damage resistance at rank 4. I think it may have been inadvertently glitched when they made changes in mod 6 or mechanics updates for Paladins. Trying to be optimistic and not think they did it purposely to make all tank players go Paladin for revenue exploitation. I've known Developers to underscale / overscale stats to sway people to make new characters at other Gaming companies for MMO's.
  • Options
    Wuchaka hit my point, dead on. It still happens, but newer gear has recently been stopping SOME death by this bug. I will experiment with KV as the variable, looking for a difference, sigilbaror. Hopefully Strongholds drops includes fix for XBox players. I've stopped buying Zen, because of this. On top of this, I hope they decease how much damage minor enemies deal. It's dumb how pulling 100% agro, even while kiting, and supported by top notch cleric, ensures a very quick death. Seriously, damage resistance around 40% umbuffed, with all newT2 gear, and the smallest enemy in epic Cragmire Crypts can one-shot me.... At over 110k hp. Leaves very little room for changing styles of game play. Off topic, kinda...
  • Options
    walkercat42walkercat42 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    If you want infinite self heals and survivability, try tactician sm with steel defense level 3 at least and shield talent, I run sm conq and have adapted well to new stuff, I self heal for up to 7 mill sometimes in ecc with no cleric or pally, if a cleric is there I still outheal them though
  • Options

> @benneffect said:

> Since the new update and content has come into effect, I, and a few friends playing GFs, have notice a a very frustrating problem. The problem is massive differences received from attacks, usually in dungeons. Specifically, we are occasionally killed in one hit; while running full feat valor (increase damage resistance by 40%), with our shields up and facing the attack. For instance the scorpions claw attack in Lostmauth usually hits me for 3-6k while performing the above stated actions. But, once in a while the same scenario will play out, with me taking 109,000 or so points with of damage (ALL of my health).After pulling up the combat log, I saw that the original hits on these are supposedly 21,000 damage or less, but get "mitigated" to an number scores higher. This is happening even when we are not debuffed. This needs fixed, ASAP. Has anyone else been seeing issues like this?

I believe that Knight's Valor is glitched and not working properly. Tried using in a max damage resistance build and its like my armor class and damage resistance doesn't even work even with shield guard up. I took Knight's Valor off my load out and the one shots stopped instantly and my spec seems to be working now.

It was definitely aggravating getting one shot with a encounter that's supposed to provide 30% damage resistance at rank 4. I think it may have been inadvertently glitched when they made changes in mod 6 or mechanics updates for Paladins. Trying to be optimistic and not think they did it purposely to make all tank players go Paladin for revenue exploitation. I've known Developers to underscale / overscale stats to sway people to make new characters at other Gaming companies for MMO's.

Did further testing and determine Knight's valor is working fine. My damage resistance was to low and the armor penetration of the enemies in dungeons is high. Raised my damage resistance to over a base of 35% without buffs and had a much easier time taking hits and less one shots.

Due to high armor penetration of enemies in dungeons is why tanks are getting one shot. I believe now they want Tanks to be tanks with high health or defense for this mod on Xbox one.
  • Options
    Dmg bug is getting fixed tomorrow. Woot, tested % of KV, im only negating my normal DR

Gonna have to xhange my build now rhat i dont need to mitigate 1mil hits lol
  • Options
    The patch to damage resistances in module 7 is fantastic. GF are now a great tanking class.
  • Options
    Yeeep been rocking my GF all mod 6 this seems childish now, im just focusing on boosting teams dmg output now, upto 140% dmg boost during ITF and and 2seconds between cast. Boost teams damage more than having another dps. Annnd keep everyone alive