test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

COSTING.. still a massive issue, why are you not fixing this faster?

silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Player Feedback (PC)
Guys, as the biggest general complaint to your poor implementation to AD removal, we expected a faster response, reduction of gmop is a start, but you still have NOT adjusted other costing to AD generation and Im starting to get concerned you you think everything is still fine.

I HAVE this listed in terms of importance!

1. Companion and mount upgrade costing, should be reduced around 75% total of current upgrading feature.
2. Stronghold donation for Astral Diamonds and Gems, should be 100% removed.. we do not have the AD creation to donate on a regular basis. WE bought the majority of our gems with that added AD income, this should be removed as well.
3. Switching powers and unlocking power costing of offhand, this is way too high now, please reduce this 50% at least.. 75% would be better.
4. 50k to transmute a item.. yikes.
5. Boon costing, lets just remove them guys. Please, this helps new players the most.
6. adding into.. Feat respecs, ya this is a little high on second thought.
7. Profession costs for jewelry rings and armor kits.. way too high.
Please get these implemented, we do not have the AD to do this any longer!

Im very frustrated that these seemed to be swept under the rug or delayed for other items.

I know you guys are busy, but the decision to remove AD from leadership wasn't our decision that was the companies, the rest of the project needs to be done to fix the economy and game play.

Post edited by silverkelt on

Comments

• Options
    creolegamercreolegamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    The struggle with that companion upgrade cost is real
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I agree. I would imagine Transmute costs and Companion Upgrade costs would be pretty low hanging fruit, and easy calls to make.

My specific thoughts on Transmutation...does it even HAVE to cost something? If you want to think about it as an AD sink, you're already sinking resources out of the market by destroying the item you're transmuting, so a cost is paid regardless.

I'd just make it zero.

"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Besides the costs for campaign boons, the Devs should also adjust the costs for the campaign equipment.
    This would help new players to some decent gear on level 70, and get them into a better shape for dungeons and skirmishes.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    I forgot about the costing on professions, the 100k HAS to go, personalized rings are way too outrageous!

• Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Silver add this to your original post .

Feat respec !!!

Armor kits!!
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

I'd just make it zero.

agreed. Why force people to walk around in mismatched gear? Its int eh companies best interest that the players in the game look GOOD, which makes the game look BETTER.

I have a feeling they are trying to drain the economy of AD before they cut more. The problem is, people just won't spend. Having no posting fees on the AH is causing a HUGE problem also, as people have no reason to come down.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Why do you think they're reworking the Tarmalune bars? Companion upgrade? 1000 bars. SH bar donation, etc.

All of your issues will be addressed - spend those bars we've all been hoarding for years :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    I would hope they would think it would take alot more then some tbars rework to fix this.

• Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    Looking at that 1 million AD price tag for a pet upgrade post AD nerfs makes my eyes go all squinty.
    Like, is it really that many zeros?
  • Options
    killergilnyc1killergilnyc1 Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    and CHANGE the darn AD cost for coffer.

I mean i ADD 185,000 (THOUSAND) AD and it only counts as 185? that is a complete rip off.

my guild hall is stuck on level 4 because of this. no one in their right mind is going to add tons of astrals like this. I did it because i am one of the guild leaders and I completely regret it.

Also with companions, i will never, ever, EVER, ever WASTE 1 million AD upgrading a pet.
  • Options
    The gated costing based on AD creation, but we were already down around 40% heading into mod 6, now we are down another 50% of that, I figure we are a cool 90% reduction of where we were previous to mod 6.

I cannot believe they are dragging their feet on these items, even thought it was brought up to them immediately upon the announcement of the AD removal.

Costing is way , WAY too high.

Whatever AD was going to be removed, is removed, move your fingers across a keyboard gentlemen and get this resolved.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    thats the thing. from player perspective the last ingame weeks are insanely unbearable. from developers perspective one month or two? doesnt matter. short time frame. just remember that armor penetration bug, that makes (solo) game so hard for months and than suddenly it was fixed. insane from player perspective and just another boring fix for devs among manys. I am sure they dont even recognized how massively they change the game with this bug and fix. they have no idea what they are doing, no idea how their game works.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    vinceent1 said:

just remember that armor penetration bug, that makes (solo) game so hard for months and than suddenly it was fixed. insane from player perspective and just another boring fix for devs among manys.

I had thought through that same scenario when thinking about AD sinks. If they fix *some* things at the beginning of Underdark, I wouldn't be surprised. But I would expect it to take longer than that to come to closure. If they fix most of the sinks at all. They may decide it is more profitable this way.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,253 Arc User
    Changing the numbers is easy. Changing the numbers and go back 1 step is not.
    Changing the price of GMoP is easy. Changing the price of GMoP + adding a SMoP + changing refinement requirement is not.
    They just have to spend time to make sure they do not fulfill our request 100%.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    A lot of the problem is there just isn't enough ways to make AD in the game. If you don't have hours to spend playing, you either just run dungeons/skirmishes/pvp your entire time in the game for very little AD at that. Or you run other content and make no AD at all. Removing RAD from leadership wasn't to bad an idea in the grand scheme of things, but not putting in more ways to make AD and not adjusting the cost of everything in the game around the same time frame is the worst decision I think the devs here have ever made. Even mod6 was a better decision than what they have done with this. The reduced price of mops and gmops were just a little damage control to the removal of RAD from leadership in hopes to take our eyes off the bigger picture that is there is no real way to progress in this game now. Not without spending hundreds and hundreds of dollars to do so.
    I went vip when it came out and really feel I got ripped off doing so. I don't even play any more do to this and that should be a wake up call to everyone at Cryptic but they really just don't seem to care at all for the players. If they did, this would be a major priority on their slate. Even bigger than mod8. Because as it stands, no new players will be able to play the content in mod8 because there is no decent or real way to progress your character at this time.
  • Options
    cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User

vinceent1 said:

just remember that armor penetration bug, that makes (solo) game so hard for months and than suddenly it was fixed. insane from player perspective and just another boring fix for devs among manys.

I had thought through that same scenario when thinking about AD sinks. If they fix *some* things at the beginning of Underdark, I wouldn't be surprised. But I would expect it to take longer than that to come to closure. If they fix most of the sinks at all. They may decide it is more profitable this way.
    Given the perplexing marketing strategy that has accompanied this game (insanely high one purchase prices rather than high volume micro transactions) I won't be the least bit surprised if we see very little in the way of more AD changes. It may be obvious to anyone playing the game that it could be a much bigger cash cow if it was done correctly. I suspect that anything that can be purchased in the zen shop, will not see a reduction of costs in game. That will probably include companion upgrades, mount retraining (though not directly available I'm sure they would rather sell keys, Zen for AD and $35 mounts) even the ridiculously priced sapphires would represent competition for their own zen store if they dropped the in game prices. Mod 1 - 3 completion will not likely see boon price reductions if this is their business model. The only faint hope I have is that the AD costs for Strongholds get dumped...completely dumped. Their projections were wrong on that, no matter how much they want to tell themselves we're dullards who just don't understand. I can say one thing for certain, if they don't get off their hands and make some adjustments, mod 7 will just go down in history as being equal in faildom to mod 6. It's a shame, the content is not that bad for PVE. Whomever put together the costing on it though should not be developing games for a living.
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Definitely more changes to come! The devs are not done with AD changes.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User

The Dev's better speak up soon then, as even my once a day invoking is becoming a chore.

Definitely not an Arc User.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    With the Devs being focused on Underdark, when will those changes be ready and patched into the game?

And will any player feedback from the AD changes thread, or the feedback thread here in this forum, be considered for those changes?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    Very valid points here.

+1
  • Options
    soltaswordsoltasword Member Posts: 290 Arc User
    arabatur said:

The Dev's better speak up soon then, as even my once a day invoking is becoming a chore.

It would be great if we had some idea of what and when these supposed changes are coming. It took months for the changes to mod6 to make it playable again and the companions are account bound issue is still not resolved and how long has that been going on now. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want to wait for months to see ( if ) these changes take place. If these changes aren't in the game really soon, I won't be here for mod 8 at all.
  • Options
    ogariousogarious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User

No word on when, no word on what. I am unimpressed. Saying changes are coming to us is simply empty promises at this point.

Of course changes are to come. You have a new mod on the way

WHEN, and what. It's time for Cryptic to stop being Cryptic and let the player base on these forums know what your going to do about this.

As a pretty much maxed out player, I cant imagine how the average, non huge guild, non epic and legendary gear, people are even playing this game.

Hey guys, go solo in Well of Dragons for awhile and tell me how good of a job your doing.

Just look at the costs of ANYthing in game right now. These changes that are to come should have been made 6+ months ago.

You cant say you didnt know about all this, we've been telling you on these forums for years.

Like I said. Go solo in Well of Dragons for awhile.

Set yourself up a Warlock with epic gear and rank 8's or 9's and go run Thayan Magical Shelter and tell me how great the @#! $!@# game is.
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    i am sure if someone of them read this thread, that he dont know what Thayan magical shelter is :p
  • Options
    veirfourveirfour Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    My list is this:

1) Solo play---Guess what, Cryptic? Some people like playing Solo and it's hard to do so now. Even with decent gear. (What? Do I need to get 3K gear score or something?) Some quests in WoD, Icewind Dale, and (maybe) Sharandar...it's a good chance I'll die 4-5 times before somehow I get mathematically lucky. The result is:

A) Get help (not always possible of course)
    B) Buy some Raise Dead scrolls
    C) Say 'Forget it!' and try some other quests just to get the quota done

Quit punishing/squeezing solo players.

2)Companion upgrade costs---definitely! Not worth the cost.

3) Mounts--too costly to upgrade. Also you can't sell them as 'used', can't trade them up, nor can you give them to other characters on your account. It might be helpful to loosen that up a bit. On a side note, though, perhaps mounts can be modified by dye packs in the future? Accessorizing them a bit would be interesting. (I know, guys, not high on anyone's list but...)

4) Epic party quests---I swear, it's been so long since I've been on a successful one. Perhaps I just plain suck, but in the past few months it seems like a recurring TPK as well as a mood killer. I know you don't want them to be easy, but still...what's the point?

Ah, well.

• Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Hope the changes come soon, it's really small work with big impact on making players happy...
  • Options
    icyclassicyclass Member Posts: 207 Arc User

1. Companion and mount upgrade costing, should be reduced around 75% total of current upgrading feature.

Mount upgrades should be much less. It's been pointed out since day 1 that the price of mount upgrades is way out of line with the price of mounts from the zen store, while only applying to one character-bound mount. I'm pretty sure Cryptic has even agreed that's the case. But still things are unchanged.