test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just spent 187K AD for 1k Zen: WORTH IT

Took a while for me to save up to over 200k AD after i spent most of it last module. Took about 3-4 months since i have other games to play and things irl to worry about. This was honestly worth it for at least 1 month of VIP

Comments

• Options
    cycloptomesecycloptomese Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Be sure to log in at least once per day to claim your enchanted key.
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    I do miss how strong the Zen was but like it more how strong Astral is since its not hard to farm Astral.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    majik518majik518 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    I make 80k a day without even fighting anything, how could it possibly take 3-4 months to make 200k?
  • Options
    tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    majik518 said:

I make 80k a day without even fighting anything, how could it possibly take 3-4 months to make 200k?

by taking my time, playing other games (which i do a lot of), forgetting there are daily quests for AD and never doing them. it's really not hard to slack off and neglect the game. but really, i just play the game to have fun, i don't put as much care into making AD as most people; i don't see the need.
  • Options
    scerena4scerena4 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    majik518 said:

I'd guess because he doesn't have a leadership farm going. Just wait a month or so and you wont be making 80k a day either by doing nothing.
  • Options
    scerena4 said:

majik518 said:

I'd guess because he doesn't have a leadership farm going. Just wait a month or so and you wont be making 80k a day either by doing nothing.
    I actually do leadership on 3 characters lol. only my main is 70 XD i just do ad quests 50% of the time. only recently on my main have i put less importance on leadership. instead of having 5 slots for it, i saved 2 for leatherworking or other professions
  • Options
    I just got a Wheel of Elements from a Trove of Elemental Evil :0
    it was worth 120k on the AH.. do i didn't sell it. i felt it'll be better to have for myself; wasn't worth selling imo
  • Options

I just got a Wheel of Elements from a Trove of Elemental Evil :0
    it was worth 120k on the AH.. do i didn't sell it. i felt it'll be better to have for myself; wasn't worth selling imo

Best use for it would be to dump all you refinement into it during this double rp and then refine it into one of your main artifacts of power, probably have a lantern, yes?
  • Options
    scerena4 said:

majik518 said:

If that change actually makes it to Xbox we will have a game where it is stupidly difficult to earn currency and equally hard to earn gear. The little community this game has left will just stop playing as well. It is sad, I really enjoy the game but this developer is one of the worst I have ever seen. It is like EA and Activision had a love child.
  • Options
    majik518 said:

scerena4 said:

majik518 said:

If that change actually makes it to Xbox we will have a game where it is stupidly difficult to earn currency and equally hard to earn gear. The little community this game has left will just stop playing as well. It is sad, I really enjoy the game but this developer is one of the worst I have ever seen. It is like EA and Activision had a love child.
    I'd still play the game. Really i just enjoy it, it's one of the better D&D centered games out right now that i can afford.
  • Options
    majik518 said:

scerena4 said:

majik518 said:

Yes, i do have a lantern, how'd you know? ;D
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    majik518 said:

scerena4 said:

majik518 said:

Wait what?? Im working hard to get my leadership to lev 20, and now your telling me i could not even be able to farm AD with it?? GRRRRR no please no.

This game was great before the last update, now its "good" but they removed so much stuff it annoy me. Yeah they added some sure, but why removing some too? And the increase of difficulty is excrutiating...

Anyway, i make less than 25 000 a day personally, i never am able to refine my quota... so i understand OP, but to be honest between 180 000 AD and 10$, i rather pay the 10$ for VIP. Im testing it this month... so far not too bad, got some decent stuff but im hoping for at least 1 really good thing from a lockboxe, to see if i renew or not.

But if they do another update like the last one.... i may leave the game too... Sure i enjoy having new zones and all, don't get me wrong, but they cut so much content for no good reason, and like i said, the difficulty... arg

• Options
    destrowod said:

majik518 said:

scerena4 said:

majik518 said:

Wait what?? Im working hard to get my leadership to lev 20, and now your telling me i could not even be able to farm AD with it?? GRRRRR no please no.

This game was great before the last update, now its "good" but they removed so much stuff it annoy me. Yeah they added some sure, but why removing some too? And the increase of difficulty is excrutiating...

Anyway, i make less than 25 000 a day personally, i never am able to refine my quota... so i understand OP, but to be honest between 180 000 AD and 10$, i rather pay the 10$ for VIP. Im testing it this month... so far not too bad, got some decent stuff but im hoping for at least 1 really good thing from a lockboxe, to see if i renew or not.

But if they do another update like the last one.... i may leave the game too... Sure i enjoy having new zones and all, don't get me wrong, but they cut so much content for no good reason, and like i said, the difficulty... arg

see i would spend $10 on VIP.. but I'm trying to get Halo 5: Guardians this month XD
    been looking forward for this game for a while and procrastinated on saving up.. (i know, it's dumb to do that)
    pro tip: don't procrastinate on saving up to buy a game lol

regarding the difficulty: i welcome it, i've seen a lot of people say mod5 was too easy, now you have to pay more attention. plus normal D&D isn't easy. well, that also depends on your DM lol.
    but yeah, at the time, i wasn't really using the AD for.. anything now that i think about it
  • Options
    antoscorvusantoscorvus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yeah its worth it in the long run yo get 30 keys that would be 3750 zen worth. Honestly I make a good bit of AD from leadership and Invoking. Its to the point I could buy vip every 2 days just logging on about 1 to 2 hours at the most and don't have to move.
  • Options

Yeah its worth it in the long run yo get 30 keys that would be 3750 zen worth. Honestly I make a good bit of AD from leadership and Invoking. Its to the point I could buy vip every 2 days just logging on about 1 to 2 hours at the most and don't have to move.

wait, really? how many characters do you have?
  • Options
    badmrfrostyxxxbadmrfrostyxxx Member Posts: 19 Arc User

Took a while for me to save up to over 200k AD after i spent most of it last module. Took about 3-4 months since i have other games to play and things irl to worry about. This was honestly worth it for at least 1 month of VIP

Don't look at how much 1000 Zen costs right now...
  • Options

I make a minimum of 80k a day off leadership and invoking, vip pays for itself in two days at current exchange rate. I have one of each class. Rogue is at 70, everyone else is at 63 except for OP which is 33.
  • Options
    majik518 said:

I make a minimum of 80k a day off leadership and invoking, vip pays for itself in two days at current exchange rate. I have one of each class. Rogue is at 70, everyone else is at 63 except for OP which is 33.
    maybe that's why they're taking it away? at least on pc?
  • Options

Don't look at how much 1000 Zen costs right now...
    if it's lower now, i really wouldn't care. I wont be playing NW much after the 27th anyway. and any other game for that matter for about 3 months after the 30th
  • Options

I have11 and 7 of them are over lvl 60. I also keep items like the adventuring chest and some of those invoking bags that drop coupons to help save on AD.
  • Options
    worriedmammal8worriedmammal8 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Re: Scerena4's post bk

I assume you don't like leadership or those that use it? It's hardly doing nothing to level it up, getting on three times a day to complete tasks and have to wait a month to get from 15 to 16, doing it 3 times every day! I just got to 20 on one guy of mine and I've been doing it since day one on release. It's fine if you don't like it but, it's absurd to think people don't so anything to get high enough to make decent money and this is while many other professions made much better profits during mod 5 doing as you would say, nothing.

Hopefully they don't take it away, many people spent a LONG time leveling it up because, of the AD. It's not like anyone is cheating or anything, that was the benefit of using the profession. Just because, the economy may be better without it doesn't change the fact that companies should never remove things that people worked so long to get up. People value their time and I wouldn't be surprised to see a steep dropout if it haopens because, most people will question, "What will be next? Taking away artifacts from people becauee, they decided they're too strong? Who knows? It's a slippery slope and one moat companies, good ones, avoid.null
    null
  • Options
    Yup, I have 7 characters at or above level twenty leadership and it took an extremely long time to get there. I think it was one hundred twenty something days in before my first character reached twenty. To act like I should have put in that much time and then expect no profit is ridiculous. Botting is not as prominent on Xbox as it is PC. PC has an option that allows people not even logging in to update professions and so you have people collecting off 100+ characters, I doubt there are many people on Xbox with even 10+ leadership mules.
  • Options
    Yeah would suck to lose it after all the time I spent leveling it and the AD I put towards it to increasing the daily output. Even if they do I am proud that I was able to buy the dragonborn and Champion packs.