test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Question about INT

silktrocitysilktrocity Member Posts: 239 Arc User
So I've finally leveled a second TR. This one's purpose was purely to be built for PvP (so tips are welcome)

I wanted to go sabo but I also wanted to be an ACTUAL perma (like old school stacking INT.) When leveling I placed all of my +1's into CON and INT, but I'm now noticing after hitting level 60 that the 21 INT isn't really contributing to recharge speed like I thought it would.

Did I majorly eff up by thinking it would? Why do I feel like Im missing something? the Hit points are noticible from CON but my recharge speed is still only like 8%.

It's worth noting that my main TR (a scoundrel who hasn't put anything towards recharge speed) has about the same recharge speed...

any help? advice? or opinions?
Lady Vayo TR - Silky OP - Lord Reven DC (retired) - Lady Luck HR (retired)

Comments

• Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    Don't need INT. Get TC4 with Exe capstone. Slot SS BnS feat your dodges and you have permastealth.
  • Options
    fatgunsfatguns Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Int helps alot to maintain a good/fluent rotacion even if you take DoT dmg, high recovery/int is the way to go :D
  • Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    @rustlord what is TC4
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    @cesuke Tenacious Concealment Rank 4
  • Options
    sweatapodimassweatapodimas Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    fatguns said:

Int helps alot to maintain a good/fluent rotacion even if you take DoT dmg, high recovery/int is the way to go :D

I love my INT/Rec build, always have.
    "Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny" - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

fatguns said:

int is wasted as stats.
    200 recovery more is way better then int considering 200 = 1% + additional action points.
    speccing for str and going silvery as offensive slots is way more effective
  • Options
    rayrdan said:

fatguns said:

int is wasted as stats.
    200 recovery more is way better then int considering 200 = 1% + additional action points.
    speccing for str and going silvery as offensive slots is way more effective
    So my main attributes are INT and STR, dex is 21 with Lostmauth set. Is the extra points in dex really that necessary for a class that gets 100% crit chance in stealth? Maybe deflect is worth it though.
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Are you in stealth 100% of time ? Int give just recharge speed, stacking recovery is easy and give ap gain. Dex give crit and Deflection. More efficient.
  • Options
    mirlegris said:

Are you in stealth 100% of time ? Int give just recharge speed, stacking recovery is easy and give ap gain. Dex give crit and Deflection. More efficient.

pretty much
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    No, not 100% of the time, I am trying out a WK scoundrel build right now. I tried taking the points and reassigning them to DEX and didn't see much benefit in a few matches. Hard to evaluate the increase in deflect. I noticed a very slight increase in cooldowns.

I am trying to max lifesteal and recovery, so I have limited slots for deflection boosts :( and it seems half-HAMSTER'd to spec my attributes for a stat that I am unable to focus on (I spent alot of RP on recovery artifacts). All of my "spare" feat points went to determined pursuit and arterial. I took roll with the punches and bloody brawler. Who am I kidding this IS half-HAMSTER'd LOL

I'm just trying a different approach than my usual Sab/CoS HAMSTER, it's kind of meh atm, but WK is fun with VP.

Thank you for the advice

• Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    For crit from Dex, you don't see a benefit in pvp cause of crit resistance from tenacity. Efficiency of crit in pvp depend of a lot of things. But, if you are a scoundrel, more crit = more cc no ?

For deflection, depend of your total deflection rate. Under 50%, not really efficient i think, but scoundrels can reach a very high % of deflection, and become better tanks than a tank. Efficiency of ability score distribution depends of the rest of the build, no ?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    mirlegris said:

For crit from Dex, you don't see a benefit in pvp cause of crit resistance from tenacity. Efficiency of crit in pvp depend of a lot of things. But, if you are a scoundrel, more crit = more cc no ?

For deflection, depend of your total deflection rate. Under 50%, not really efficient i think, but scoundrels can reach a very high % of deflection, and become better tanks than a tank. Efficiency of ability score distribution depends of the rest of the build, no ?

Exactly, I chose to long ago focus on lifesteal and recovery. My artifacts and higher rank enchant reflect this. My deflection is around 28% with 21 DEX and the before-mentioned INT build, but I would have to sacrifice to get it higher.

Your point about crit and stuns is spot-on ;)
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    as tr you will crit...no matter how much hard you try so a vorpal is pretty much needed if you dont wont to hit lower than normal hits when critting
    the only thing you can try to do is running scoundrel with feytouch, tossing all the crit chance from gear and basically play with a <20% crit chance.
    just for fun i think i will try this build soon when my vip pack will give a couple of coals more.
    wk scoundrel with advantageous position and oppressive darkness...should be fun probably not that competitive tho
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    rayrdan said:

as tr you will crit...no matter how much hard you try so a vorpal is pretty much needed if you dont wont to hit lower than normal hits when critting
    the only thing you can try to do is running scoundrel with feytouch, tossing all the crit chance from gear and basically play with a <20% crit chance.
    just for fun i think i will try this build soon when my vip pack will give a couple of coals more.
    wk scoundrel with advantageous position and oppressive darkness...should be fun probably not that competitive tho</p>

Yeah that's what I'm trying now, trans feytouched (my main, CW, is using my trans bilethorn lol), still have 32% crit with Duelist armor and maxed dex. It's very insidious damage, and it comes in bursts. I'm still trying to get the rotations down.
  • Options
    cesukecesuke Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I already tryed crit/ arpen/ recovery and what i discover is that Power is the best... Was not logic for me since 7 Rank 12s gives 12% damage but it hit really higher than the others builds.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    So maybe power and recovery, (cruel enchantments?) if I want the ICD lower and higher effective damage? Ah, the joys of making hybrid r11 and 12's :wink:

• Options
    Cruel is the best choice without doubts
  • Options
    cloudius1978cloudius1978 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    I'm keen to run a high Lifesteal and Recovery build. Managed to get my LS to approximately 21% in PVP.

For recovery, I run mostly Cruels in my Offensive slots but that ain't enough so am looking to further pump Recovery via artifacts (Rod of Imperial Restraint and the likes?). Anyone has any idea what is the minimum Recovery level we need to gun for? I vaguely recall seeing TRs with close to 10k Recovery.