Options

Newbs need protection

We need one free respec. Screwed up my wizard

Comments

• Options
    thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    *The following event is dramatized.

I changed my oil once...the new paper filters that are common now. Anyway, I pierced it inadvertently attempting to put it in the oil filter housing. When called back to the store that supplied it...they did not give me a new filter.

You see where I am going with this.
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    We got a free Respec with Mod6. If you missed it, then sorry.

Also, are you really asking them to provide you with a free repec because you screwed up your wizard? Do you actually think they would do that? That makes no sense at all. That's like someone buying a TV from Best Buy, going home, smashing it with a Baseball bat, and then trying to return it to the store. That's just delusional.
  • Options
    treefq#6477 treefq Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    The first response is good the second is a bit thin. Not quite the same thing
  • Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    The second blatantly says you are delusional for asking for a free repec. The first just hints around it. But okay
  • Options
    ogm3rkedogm3rked Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    :D
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User

The first response is good the second is a bit thin. Not quite the same thing

From the sound of things it doesn't really sound like you have used yours yet, you might have one right now and not even realize it because everyone received one for mod 6. Unless you messed your CW up after respecing. Say it ain't so treefq... "Shakes head".
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'm told NW used to provide a free respec for characters once they reached L60.

New players are more than likely to mess up their first character as they have zero understanding of how this game works and do not appreciate that you are stuck with the choices you make from the very beginning - unless you pay.

Expecting these new players to fully understand the consequences of their choices is overly harsh and unlike the oil filter tale above there is zero cost involved as it is all virtual.

I actually deleted my first two.

Why are people so harsh? New players should be encouraged & helped to get things right so they feel good about their characters, enjoy the game and thereby more likely to become regular players.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    cycloptomesecycloptomese Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

I'm told NW used to provide a free respec for characters once they reached L60.

New players are more than likely to mess up their first character as they have zero understanding of how this game works and do not appreciate that you are stuck with the choices you make from the very beginning - unless you pay.

Expecting these new players to fully understand the consequences of their choices is overly harsh and unlike the oil filter tale above there is zero cost involved as it is all virtual.

I actually deleted my first two.

Why are people so harsh? New players should be encouraged & helped to get things right so they feel good about their characters, enjoy the game and thereby more likely to become regular players.

I like the cut of your jib.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    First...my attempt at humor perhaps made me look like a tool, I do want to apologize for that comment if it came across that way.

Second, I do agree that there should be a respec token available...maybe a gift from Sgt. Knox at level 70 as a reward, the new level cap.

Third, and a bit off topic...everything cost something. Some programmer was paid by a company to create the respec token...as I'm sure among various other tasks, but it IS a product.

Forth, there are online guides for builds...boards like these and reddit, that are filled with useful information for those interested in reading about them.

Finally...

To the new guy...we ARE here to help, honest!
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I look on it as an investment ;)
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    cryptkeeper#6340 cryptkeeper Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    hey im new to this so dont be to harsh im level 62 and when i go to queue for dungeons theres only 3 to pick from no epic ones ? and the story seems to have stopped all i have now is repeatable quests and its annoying af im working my way through the campaign ToD but surely theres more to it i dont even have any epic gear yet and still riding around on a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> horse wtf !!!!!
    cryptkeeper lvl 70 GF
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    My understanding...dungeons unlock @ level 70, T1 and T2 dungeons specifically. Just have to gringo a little, hell, a lot bit longer. You will be doing 8 repeatable quests to get access to next of 3 total areas of 3 zones...that's 72 quests if memory serves. I am ssuming you are on your first zone of EE?

We got it easy...I believe PC had 16 x 3 x 3 or 144 quests to reach end of storyline before the patch.
  • Options
    friedricearonifriedricearoni Member Posts: 24 Arc User

hey im new to this so dont be to harsh im level 62 and when i go to queue for dungeons theres only 3 to pick from no epic ones ? and the story seems to have stopped all i have now is repeatable quests and its annoying af im working my way through the campaign ToD but surely theres more to it i dont even have any epic gear yet and still riding around on a HAMSTER horse wtf !!!!!

You have to reach a certain item level score (used to be gear score) before opening up other dungeons. And you have three new areas that offer quests through Sgt. Knox in order to level yourself up to 70 before you can travel to the new campaign areas (Sharandar, Dread Ring, Icewind Dale).

twitch.tv/thefriedricearoni
    Promoted Neverwinter Streamer <3
    author/editor on fraghero.com
    twitter.com/friedricearoni
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    ok thanks for the replys my item level is 1,063 i can go to reclamation rock , spinward rise and fiery pit but there in red and ''says this area may be to difficult '' and they bloody are lol , the bottom 3 are locked sorry to sound like a complete noob , guess ill just keep doing the ToD campaign till i level up enough to take on reclamation rock ect
    cryptkeeper lvl 70 GF
  • Options
    treefq#6477 treefq Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    It's all good. No harm no foul. I am a little put out but it's not that big a deal yet. I am a min/max'r and to know I messed up some feats is irritating is all. I will mention the lack of mod6 info on class guides is too bad.
  • Options
    ogm3rkedogm3rked Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Cryptkeeper. The Tyranny of dragons campaign is a set of dailys in which use to be more desired in mod 5 because of the artifact weapon you achieved at the end of it. Now it is ran to aquire the boons. This is not where you want to be starting your grind from 60-70. You want to be in drowned shore. You should aquire a quest from the girl in protectors enclave near the big tree that will get you started on the elemental evil story line. Start doing those quests and it will lead you to drowned shore and then reclomation rock. I may have misunderstood you and you are already to thus point, but if you are struggling to get your level up to progress to rec rock you will want to keep doing those viligant tasks in the drowned shore unail you are the righr level. Make sure to put on the green armour you get from the few new elemental evil quests because they have utility slots on the head arms and boots. Make sure you put azure enchants in there because it gives you xp gain, which will help out quite a bit. If your confused I'll be online later. Hit me up mnstateofmindx
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    thanks for all the help seem to be back on track now :)
    cryptkeeper lvl 70 GF