test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The 4 artifacts of a hunter ranger?

ogm3rkedogm3rked Member Posts: 22 Arc User
Hey everyone! So I want to know what you guys think is the best 4 artifact setup for a hunter ranger. I am lvl 70 and am having a hard time figuring out what to rock for 4 solid artifacts. I feated trapper and am running dungeons at the moment but plan on pvping hard when I get the eleven set. I am currently using waters, belials, lantern, and lostmauth. I want to keep hitting hard but I deffinetly need the survivability. Any input would be great, thanks.
Post edited by ogm3rked on

Comments

• Options
    patsfirepatsfire Member Posts: 833 Arc User
    http://mmominds.com/2015/08/07/legions-dpssurvivability-combat-hr/

NOTE THIS: Now for artifacts. I currently have a Wheel of Elements in my active slot, with a Sigil of the Scourge, Sigil of the Trickster, and Lantern of Revelation in the passive slots. These are the BiS options.
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    patsfire said:

http://mmominds.com/2015/08/07/legions-dpssurvivability-combat-hr/

NOTE THIS: Now for artifacts. I currently have a Wheel of Elements in my active slot, with a Sigil of the Scourge, Sigil of the Trickster, and Lantern of Revelation in the passive slots. These are the BiS options.

Alright thanks! I have the sigil of the trickster but not the sigil of the scourge. Is the scourge a must or can you get by with something else?I am also running the lostmauth set so I need to keep the horn in slot
  • Options
    xstubzxzxstubzxz Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Thats one of the worst builds I've seen for a hunter
  • Options
    Not mine, from mmominds. And according to them its one of the best. Maybe yours is just really bad lol
  • Options
    Trapper builds are so much better. I dont know how they can claim its the best when he even says in the text that half of his moves are worthless. With a trapper build almost all of the moves root and do decent damage. For artifacts I'm running Horn of Blasting, Belials Portal Stone, Lantern of Revelation, and the 4th is interchangeable.
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    Lantern (you need it to fight TRs, it should be your first mythic), Lostmauth's Horn, Shard of Valindra's Crown, Controller's Sigil. A combination of crit, power, control resist, control bonus and a little life steal.
  • Options
    Unless you are planning on running PVP you don't need the Control Bonus, you will be rooting enemies fast enough your roots should never run out anyway. Lifesteal is fairly pointless, get your ArmPen to 60% your Crit to about 40% then stack power. I'm putting out 140 million in Spider with my setup.
  • Options
    What are you running for a 4th stubz?
  • Options
    caharan25caharan25 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Im pretty sure 60% is only for tiamat. 40% is where you want to be for running everything else. Life steal is by no means pointless and should not be ignored. You have to have sustain. Even with a good DC you cant rely on them 100%...To even suggest that is...
    Elle ~ HR ~ Q-SNIPE
  • Options
    soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    caharan25 said:

Im pretty sure 60% is only for tiamat. 40% is where you want to be for running everything else. Life steal is by no means pointless and should not be ignored. You have to have sustain. Even with a good DC you cant rely on them 100%...To even suggest that is...

well... this depends greatly on if you are playing as a trapper, or leaning more towards the archery build. as a trapper, i run with crushing roots which adds the daze effect each time you activate weak grasping roots. you basically end up dazing mobs every couple of seconds... throw in fox cunning and you nullify the incoming attack from the ad that happens to be immune to daze effects. i was so disappointed with the way life steal works in mod 6 until i found this. lifesteal in mod 5 was essential to stay alive for trapper build. in mod 6 it doesn't proc often enough to be able to depend on.

oh i want to add, someone on here recommended switching from hindering strike to cordon of arrows for mod 6. so naturally, i tried it out as soon as it became available to me. it is pretty good. however, with crushing roots i switched back to hindering strike again for the weak grasping roots. it completely changes the build. the problem with cordon is the incredibly long cool down. the problem with hindering is you take a lot of damage from ranged ads.. yah they get rooted but still attack. so hindering + crushing roots eliminates that problem, and you are back to encounter spamming just like in mod 5. if anyone has not tried it out, i can't recommend it enough.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • Options
    Yes Crushing Roots is a must have and Hindering is better IMO due to the stamina gain you get from it. Life steal will never proc enough to keep you alive in T2 dungeons and most T1 boss fights so for that reason it is pretty much pointless. And if what you say about the ArmPen % is true use all those enchants for Crit since there is no longer a soft cap. You can easily get your Crit Chance over 50% which is amazing for all your roots. As for my 4th Artifact, right now I'm using the Orb but as soon as I get my CW to 70 I'll be using Sigil of the Controller
  • Options
    arsenalatxarsenalatx Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I use the Lantern, Portal Stone, Horn of Blasting, and the Hunter's Sigil, although the 4th doesn't really make a difference...as long as you don't equip a Catalog. Dear God please don't ever use a catalog on any class.
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    Catalogue is good wtf you talking about ;) ?! It has been useful in some situations thou. I know many of times in the early days that a group kept wiping and ran out of potions or med packs. All else failed, use the catalogue and summon a vendor. Again early days...
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    I used the catalogue PRE mod 6, and PRE running dungeons. So pretty much just when I was leveling to lvl60. It is awesome to have that little guy to sell all the bs stuff, I got SO MUCH more gold than anyone else that did not have it. Once I hit lvl 60, I just bought the lantern anyway.
    Post edited by patsfire on
  • Options
    popezen01popezen01 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    You base your artifacts on what enchancements you use or visa versa. Look at the whole picture.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    popezen01 said:

You base your artifacts on what enchancements you use or visa versa. Look at the whole picture.

^ This, and there's no BiS as another poster said, unless you folllow a specific build.

All artifacts/sigils need to be adapted depending on build/race/Tree.

Just get your Arp up to at min. 40%, and if you're using Vorpal get your Crit. as high as you can, rarely need to bother with recovery if you're a Trapper. (and the other trees are not putting out as much dps or control)

Also, using the Lostmauth set is (sadly) kinda useless unless you're an archer, since most of our damage comes from the roots, and their crit doesn't proc. the Lostmauth bonus :(
  • Options
    null
    Ya I was bummed when I got the set and figured out it didn't proc on my root crits. I like the stats the horn gives so I want to keep it. But my 4th spot is still open. Is there a set worth running on the hr? I thought about valindras but the belt gives points in intellect and what charisma I think and those are 2 useless skills for the hr. Is the imperial worth going after? Any input would be great
  • Options

popezen01 said:

^ This, and there's no BiS as another poster said, unless you folllow a specific build.

All artifacts/sigils need to be adapted depending on build/race/Tree.

Just get your Arp up to at min. 40%, and if you're using Vorpal get your Crit. as high as you can, rarely need to bother with recovery if you're a Trapper. (and the other trees are not putting out as much dps or control)

Also, using the Lostmauth set is (sadly) kinda useless unless you're an archer, since most of our damage comes from the roots, and their crit doesn't proc. the Lostmauth bonus :(
    why doesn't the lostmauth bonus work for roots. and is that a bug or is it designed that way?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
  • Options
    I'm not 100% sure but I think I have an understanding of it. The set procs on your initial damage dealt. So say you use hindering strike and crit the set will proc. But the thorn damage that continues to hit crits over a few seconds is not recognized by the set as a crit so therefore it does not proc. I was under the assumption it did and that was the reason I bought it, if it did it would be a must for the hr. I don't think it is a bug, I think this is how the set is supposed to act.
  • Options
    What is WAI stand for?
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
  • Options
    Working as intended
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    So after some careful looking at the Artifacts available here is what I will be running. Lostmauth Horn of Blasting, Sigil of the Controller, Lantern of Revelation, and my Active will be Sigil of the Great Weapon. At mythic the stat bonuses come out to be 3k Power, 3k ArmP, 2k Crit, 2400 HP, 600, Combat Advantage, 600 Control resist, 600 Control Bonus. And the Sigil of Great Weapon does the same thing as Lantern but lasts longer.
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Can you have two Sigils equipped at once?
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

Can you have two Sigils equipped at once?

Different ones, yes and they are among the best choices depending on which you have access to...
  • Options
    Edit after looking into what the Sigil of Great Weapon does I decided to stick with Belials instead. The Bonus damage on a single target is only 6% and works solely for you not the team. Currently have mythic Horn and Controller Sigil as well as Legendary Lantern and Belials
  • Options
    Ya I ended up running with the belials, sigil of the controller, lantern, and horn. Got 3 of them to mythic and 1 is ready to go as well