test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking for Non-Exploiting, Non-Trash Talking, Friends who don't QUIT a match just because it's hard

weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
edited September 2015 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Character, Communication, Cooperation are 3 values that my guild is centered around (this is NOT a guild recruitment post), but this is something we RARELY find in PvP groups that we are involved with in this game.

What I'm trying to do is bring good people together into one channel to LFG for GG, Domination, IWD, and (if possible) Siege (not sure how the que system would treat people in different guilds quing for Siege).

The goal of this channel is to be able to form pvp groups that are full of people of good character (no matter of gear level or class) that will not just abandon the fight or spend more time trash talking other players than actaully thinking about how to beat them and implementing plans of attack or defense.

I have a channel already set up, but it's INVITE ONLY, and I can set aside Teamspeak Rooms for better communication while PvPing.

If you are interested... or have questions, please respond here, in game (my @name is @weaver936), or through a mail here.

Thanks
“Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided

Comments

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    FYI, the siege queue system combines people from other guilds together into 1 side, and the guild represented with the most advanced guild base is used (not sure how that part is determined exactly...not sure it matters much).

I've actually been in a match with my own guild members represented on both sides....yes, I've battled my own guild in a guild-based PVP map (we queued separately and ungrouped though).

Good luck with your channel. Making it invite only is going to be rough to get people though.
  • Options
    Ty, for the information. And yes, the invite only thing will be for quality control.. Not based on IL.. but attitude. I'll see how things go and make some changes, if neccessary. :D

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • Options
    Cool, how would you prefer to connect in game?

• Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I would be all for this, if ever some attention was paid to bring even a little balance to PVP. Every module there is a new one-true-PVP-build and one-true-artifacts (either due to substantial changes to the game, or due to bugs). I have gotten tired of massively re-learning PVP and changing out my gear every module.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    This channel will NOT be Item Level Dependent or Build Dependent.. there's another in game channel that I'd like us to be like.. but they are really PvE. And, tripsofthrymr... I hear a lot of complaints about unbalnaced etc.. and yes.. it certainly seems that way.. but I pvp with my DC, TR, HR, SW, and CW.... I still have PLENTY of fun with them all.. I do Dom, GG, and IWD Daily. My First toon was a DC back before they had IWD or had given DC's the ability to Damage (you before they even had empowered). I used to PvP with her. A lot of what people complain about is because they are weak in areas where other classes are strong. And honestly, don't know what tehy are doing and aren't willing to learn. But each class has it's "OP" aspects. If built to take advantage of those strengths.. and then put that toon in a well built team. and by Well Built I mean SOME decent gear that is what you should have for your role.. and with other classes that cover your weaknesses.. then PvP is fun and enjoyable.

• Options
    @riannscelosbg Somehow i ahve gotten on your Ignore list ingame. LOL.

• Options
    drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Ummm... There is a channel that has already been made for that. Maybe you have not seen it...

The PuGPvP Channel... it is a public channel.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    If it's like "normal pugs" then you never know what kind of people you get... some exploit, some are jerks that up a quit when it gets difficult, etc.

• Options
    I tried all variations I can think of to /channel_join that channel.. and nothing.

• Options
    edited September 2015
    There are set rules and more purpose than just to PuG for matches... we see tutelage and support. The name of the channel is in my signature. I am the owner and there are a ton of VERY skilled PvP guild members who seek to share their knowledge and non-PvP guild members with similar skill.

The rules are simple... do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I run a very tight ship... and I do not tolerate exploitation or pug-stomping when we enter with a premade. Everyone has given themselves to these rules... personally to me. Any reports of exploitation or quitting will be met with zero tolerance. SNR disconnects... present differently.

There is a thread in the PvP section of the forum... since my requests to have it stickied, denied, whinging with zero desire to take direct action... it may have been buried. As of now we have 50+ members... most who excel at the upper levels of PvP. We wait for the opportunities to share our knowledge.

We have been around for about 6 weeks. I have asked for the usual play times of members so we could set up premade in-house matches for sport and for sharing on knowledge.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • Options
    I'll see if I can get into the channel, ty. :smile:

• Options
    The channel is for everyone... who is willing to follow the rules.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance