test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The grind issue resolution?

ancojoancojo Member Posts: 253 Arc User
I've read lots of posts regarding how boring the grind is especially if you finish the new areas before 70 so how about something along these lines to make grinding more interesting.

Each zone has a league table of kills, for each kill you get a certain amount of points depending on what you kill, each day or week the top 10 could win something such as AD or a free key.

Some may complain that you will just have the best geared gamers constantly winning so how about a gold, silver, bronze points table, if you finish in either you win something, a bit like doing Dread spire, you might win something good or not?

The best thing is this doesn't even need to be a grind to 70 boredom resolution it could be just a general grind enhancer, the current grinding after you hit 70 is just meh, so lets make it just a little bit more worthwhile.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Well ancojo (Me) I thought your idea was good but as no one else seems to think so it must be a lame idea, so if I were you (Me) I would just forget you (Me) Ever posted the above idea and go enjoy playing a different game!
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I think the issue is that nobody intends to be in any pre-L70 zone for more than a couple of days...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    Hi,
    there are already Adventure Zone Contests in many zones.
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Event#Adventure_Zone_Contests

For grinding in Elemental Evil quest lines zones,
    Make sure that you wear at least +7 Azure enchantments in all 5 utility slots and grind in Drowned Shores.
    It would take 6-8 hours of extra grinding in addition to the standard EE quest line to reach 70.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
  • Options
    Maybe its just me but those contests are boring and dont help much towards grinding, I've nearly hit level 67 with my 2nd and thats after doing my quests dailies with my main, so maybe the grind isn't that bad after all, just maybe a bit boring doing the same missions over and over and over........?
  • Options
    elikenuielikenui Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    find some friends and have a couple drinks, lot more fun that way.
  • Options
    tellistorterratellistorterra Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    ancojo said:

Maybe its just me but those contests are boring and dont help much towards grinding, I've nearly hit level 67 with my 2nd and thats after doing my quests dailies with my main, so maybe the grind isn't that bad after all, just maybe a bit boring doing the same missions over and over and over........?

exactly this. once you hit 69 and do not have that free level up, you're on the last stretch. the light at the end of the tunnel is visible lol
    and to the OP, the only way you can make grinding fun is with yourself. that's what grinding is what it is. you do something over and over again until you reach your goal. it's not necessarily meant to be fun, but the definition of fun changes from person to person so....